What's new
  • TGIF'nF!! Did you hear about our new Group Buy Program? We're kicking the program off with Baja Designs!

Russia / Ukraine thread

Hmmmmmmm, seems like there's some similarities between Iraq's army (pre U.S. fights) and Russia's army at present.
Neither are as formidable as they appeared.

Top right I thought were tracers for a sec. :laughing:

Fuck russia. Reagan should have nuked them. Biden should nuke them now.
man, can we hold off on that for like another six weeks. I want at least one ride on the Harley before the nukes start passing each other overhead.

I'm sure what's happening in Ukraine has been making China redo their calculations in regards to a Taiwan takeover. I'm sure they're not giving up on it but definitely putting it off a little longer.

China has a lot more to lose than Russia, because unlike the Russians, they actually have an economy... And they are not doing all that great right now.

But yes, they know that the West will do absolutely nothing other than issuing sternly worded letters.

AB75735D-3B68-46B6-9DD7-101EBDA4EFDD.jpeg

Hmmmmmmm, seems like there's some similarities between Iraq's army (pre U.S. fights) and Russia's army at present.
Neither are as formidable as they appeared.
That's what is definitely happening now;
Putin exposing the Russian army for what it possibly really is: a paper tiger, perhaps?🤔

man, can we hold off on that for like another six weeks. I want at least one ride on the Harley before the nukes start passing each other overhead.
Let’s get this over with. It’s about time for all the BS to end. Tired of this country slowly circling the drain. Instead the US taxpayers will somehow be on the hook for some massive expenditure in the name of “peace in the Ukraine” and a bunch of people will come out with even thicker pockets. It’s all a joke

Dude! riding the DR after will be so much better

I'm sure what's happening in Ukraine has been making China redo their calculations in regards to a Taiwan takeover. I'm sure they're not giving up on it but definitely putting it off a little longer.

No. The CCP cant just stage and drive in. Look at the map. There are ships and subs and stuff in there in the blue parts. Stuff sinks and shit.

No. The CCP cant just stage and drive in. Look at the map. There are ships and subs and stuff in there in the blue parts. Stuff sinks and shit.
They need to big a big-assed bridge.

I just hope that guy strokes out, eats a bullet, or is handled by his staff before he orders the nuking of the free world over his petty bullshit.

Yo SHort, in all seriousness the USA right now remains committed to Taiwan, and we have the means to back it up. Air, sea and then land. Ukraine hasnt got shit for help from anyone. Taiwan has us, for now, and we have a big swinging stick. Did you notice in news that USN just floated one of our nuke powered cruisers right through the Strait of Taiwan today ? That Australia has 4 or is it 8 nuke subs on order from us ? That Japan, India, Australia, The Philippines in addition to Taiwan and the USA recently carried out joint naval exercises ? I am sure China is watching everything and there is a lot to see even through their overconfident and jaded eyes.

I just hope that guy strokes out, eats a bullet, or is handled by his staff before he orders the nuking of the free world over his petty bullshit.
Maybe the world needs to help speed this up. Start up the Putin is a midget in stature and in the mind meme factory. Spam the world world with them :lmao: That would set him off

Doesn't matter how committed we are to Taiwan, if there wasn't a big body of water between China and Taiwan there wouldn't be a Taiwan today. Doesn't matter how much better our weapons are. If Taiwan was connected to China by land they would be steamrolled. Look at the Korean war, lots of Chinese soldiers only had spears and yet they still pushed us back. There's something to be said for superior numbers, and to China several million casualties are perfectly acceptable. Once the Chinese labs figure out how to modify their soldiers to breath underwater then Taiwan will be in trouble as they will have several million Chinese soldiers marching to invade.

Yo SHort, in all seriousness the USA right now remains committed to Taiwan, and we have the means to back it up. Air, sea and then land. Ukraine hasnt got shit for help from anyone. Taiwan has us, for now, and we have a big swinging stick. Did you notice in news that USN just floated one of our nuke powered cruisers right through the Strait of Taiwan today ? That Australia has 4 or is it 8 nuke subs on order from us ? That Japan, India, Australia, The Philippines in addition to Taiwan and the USA recently carried out joint naval exercises ? I am sure China is watching everything and there is a lot to see even through their overconfident and jaded eyes.
no. we will not help Taiwan and that possibility would not deter China. China has more standing in this case than any others

China doesn't want to appear to be a Russia, that's what stops China

I get that but lets not pretend America is not deeply involved already or that Ukraine is all by themselves in their fight.
From what I can see, it seems like they're on their own as far as people to shoot at the Russians.
They appear to have significant help with targeting and intelligence (ie: Russian troop concentrations and equipment mixes) which is huge.
They also have a populace who is not at all interested in becoming more Russian and are willing to put their lives on the line to prove it.
In my opinion, this is the kind of war that we would want to help somebody else fight, they are willing and able to do it, they just need weapons and intelligence, not US lives being put on the line for something that they are unwilling to fight for.

As for being involved, so what. China is involved in projects in Mexico, the USSR was deeply involved in projects in Cuba, but it wasn't a huge deal until they started putting missiles there.

Russia hasn't exactly been popular in the Ukraine even before they carved off chunks of Ukraine:
1646009751755.png

And I would say that (from what I have read) the Donetsk government has a far worse human rights record in its short history: Donetsk People's Republic - Wikipedia

Aaron Z

I kinda agree with you. I personally dont believe we should stick our licker in their Chinese taint, but the other area peoples have kinda rallied around us in anti CCP fashion lately. I do believe realistically that the Taiwan issue will be resolved by Taiwan and the mainland. It will take a while, but I dont see blood and gore on the shore happening. We should agree that Taiwan/China is significantly different than how the Rooskys handle their former empire subjects.

For the record, the US doesn't have any nuclear powered cruisers anymore. The only nuclear powered ships are the aircraft carriers and subs.

The last US nuke powered cruiser was decommissioned in 1998..... they all fell to the hand of Pres Clinton. They could build 3 gas turbine cruisers for the price of refueling one CGN.

I was on the USS Mississippi. She was struck from the books in 1996.

Top Back Refresh