What's new

Russia / Ukraine thread

-1238475929_Olaf-Scholz_Volodymyr-Zelensky-700x420.jpg
German Chancellor Olaf Scholz (L) and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky arrive to hold a joint press conference in Kyiv on Feb. 14, 2022. (Sergei Supinsky/AFP via Getty Images)
RUSSIA-UKRAINE WAR

Germany to Send Anti-Tank Weapons, Missiles to Ukraine in Major Policy Reversal​

By Allen Zhong

February 26, 2022 Updated: February 26, 2022

biggersmaller
Print
Germany will provide anti-tank weapons and surface-to-air missiles to Ukraine, German Chancellor Olaf Scholz announced Saturday.
“The Russian attack marks a turning point. It is our duty to do our best to help Ukraine defend against the invading army of Putin. That’s why we’re supplying 1,000 anti-tank weapons and 500 Stinger missiles to our friends in Ukraine,” he wrote in a Twitter post.
This is a major reversal of Berlin’s longstanding policy of banning weapon exports to battle zones.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky welcomed Germany’s change of stance: “Keep it up, Chancellor Olaf Scholz! Anti-war coalition in action!”
Berlin Saturday authorized NATO partners the Netherlands and Estonia to deliver German-made weapons to Ukraine.
The batch of weapons included 400 RPGs from the Netherlands and old GDR howitzers from Estonia.

Germany has a long-standing policy of not exporting weapons to war zones, rooted partly in its bloody 20th-century history and resulting pacifism. Countries aiming to pass on German weapons exports need to apply for approval in Berlin first.
Scholz had repeatedly referred to this policy in recent weeks when refusing to deliver weapons to Ukraine.
GettyImages-1238751899_UkraineTank.jpg Ukrainian servicemen ride on tanks towards the front line with Russian forces in the Lugansk region of Ukraine on Feb. 25, 2022. (Anatolii Stepanov/AFP via Getty Images)
As the Russian invasion of Ukraine is entering the third day, fighting broke out at the outskirts of the Ukrainian capital city Kyiv, which is regarded as the primary goal of the Russian forces.
U.S. and UK officials said the Russian forces were about 18 miles, or 30 kilometers, from the city center.
The speed of the advance has been slowed “likely as a result of acute logistical difficulties and strong Ukrainian resistance”, the UK’s Ministry of Defense said.

However, a Pentagon official warned the situation may change rapidly.
“It’s a battlefield and events on the battlefield are dynamic and they can change very, very quickly,” the official said.
GettyImages-1238779987_Russia_tank.jpg Smoke rises from a Russian tank destroyed by the Ukrainian forces on the side of a road in Lugansk region on Feb. 26, 2022. (Anatolii Stepanov/AFP via Getty Images)
President Joe Biden authorized an additional $350 million in military assistance from Pentagon inventories, including anti-armor, small arms, various munitions, body armor, and related equipment. The White House also reportedly asked Congress to provide $6.4 billion in extra funds to assist Ukraine.
The UK is sending defensive military aid to Ukraine and said it trained 22,000 Ukrainian troops.
More than 100,000 Russian troops have entered Ukraine, Zelensky said in a Twitter post.

He refused to leave Kyiv, rebuffing a U.S. offer of evacuation and urging Ukrainians to fight.
“We will not lay down our weapons. We will defend our country. Our weapons are our strength. This is our land. Our country. Our children. We will protect all of them,” Zelensky said in a video posted to social media.
Poland-Ukraine.jpg A Polish border guard assists refugees from Ukraine as they arrive in Poland at the Korczowa border crossing, Poland, on Feb. 26, 2022. (Czarek Sokolowski/AP Photo)
Ukraine’s Ministry of Defense urged the citizens to do whatever they can to slow down the Russians, including removing signs with numbers and names of the streets, cities, and villages in their regions.
“Let’s do everything possible to get rid of Russian occupiers from Ukraine as soon as possible,” the ministry wrote in a Twitter post.
Reuters contributed to the report.
WEB_AllenZhong.jpg
Allen Zhong

Attachments

• 1645919876263.png
    1645919876263.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 2
Question: Is Ukraine REALLY taking the fight to Russia, or is it mostly wishful thinking/propaganda?

I have heard word that the Ghost of Kyiv story is bullshit and that the guys on Snake island were actually captured. We really can not really tell what is legit and what is not at this point.
it’s all propaganda

The only thing tbat really makes sense is the details were worked out ahead of time. Biden thinks it's going to help him look strong and gain support and Putin gets what he wants. Putin should have been able to smash his way in and the response from Biden that "didn't underestimate Putin" is a bad joke. Why the fuck would the answer that Biden gave not result in any reporter saying well if you didn't underestimate him what made you decide to just watch this unfold like you have no power or interest in the outcome? And now you're sending troops? Wtf, come on man!

BE021969-3A2F-4FA5-9722-B903EEACBBF8.gif

Dickweed in front of his screen watching this, nutting for the 30th time …..
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Sorry Dickweed… but you seem way to excited over this!!!!!

hey everyone, follow the Polish soldier for free candy, so those fucks in the US can think we're faking:

1645922603447.png

Can someone point me to a news source where I can read all about what's going on over there right now that will be 100% unbiased in what they report? Dont worry, I'll wait......

The fucking MSM has been lying to us for at least the last 3yrs and we all know it, but now after a war breaks out in Europe they are suddenly trustworthy and believable? :lmao:

I'm a gotta see it to believe it type of person these days.
Al Jazeera has been close, at least they couch every statement with if they can or cannot verify what's what, and they are reporting on both sides propaganda

I am not saying the fighting is fake... I am saying that nearly all the media is making it sound like Ukraine is totally kicking ass. Is Ukraine totally holding its own as portrayed, or is it mostly propaganda and wishful thinking on our part.

Shit..i hope and pray that Ukraine is kicking ass...but they are WAY outgunned here.

Agenda free TV on youtube is good. The guy running it is kind of irritating, but he gets up to date info from many different sources

I am not saying the fighting is fake... I am saying that nearly all the media is making it sound like Ukraine is totally kicking ass. Is Ukraine totally holding its own as portrayed, or is it mostly propaganda and wishful thinking on our part.

Shit..i hope and pray that Ukraine is kicking ass...but they are WAY outgunned here.
Any success when they were supposed to be absolutely rolled over is a good thing. Sure, Russia doesn't seem to be going as hard as expected , but this is the largest Russian operation of their modern efforts. Bigger than Syria even though that was around for a bit.

Sure looks like a dead tank to me:

1645922027208.png

Nice propaganda.

Sure, people routinely bomb their houses, too.
What part is not true? Which is my definition of propaganda.

It's at least a mobility kill. Didn't go with its unit.

Is there a dude curled up on top near the hatch in a sleeping bag or is it just gear?

Any success when they were supposed to be absolutely rolled over is a good thing. Sure, Russia doesn't seem to be going as hard as expected , but this is the largest Russian operation of their modern efforts. Bigger than Syria even though that was around for a bit.
What did it take us back in 2003 to take Baghdad? Like three weeks?

I hope our CIA is doing their job and littering Ukraine with shoulder fired anti tank and anti aircraft missiles :grinpimp: . Germany is doing their part.

It would appear, that since they are at least still standing and ARE out-gunned and surrounded....they are kicking ass. They may lose it all in short time...but they will have won the respect of many in the world, and I hope, galvanized the will of their neighbors.

Question: Is Ukraine REALLY taking the fight to Russia, or is it mostly wishful thinking/propaganda?

I have heard word that the Ghost of Kyiv story is bullshit and that the guys on Snake island were actually captured. We really can not really tell what is legit and what is not at this point.
The logistics of the Ghost story barely sound plausible and the so called footage of it fighting is an overlay of a videogame.

And FFS.....Biden....open up our domestic oil/petro-producing capabilities! Damn....cut the head off that money-making beast of Putin's (or at least wound it pretty bad), help our Euro allies have another source for energy, and eliminate our dependency on (at least his) nefarious source.

That, even with the green-weenies' whining, seems like a no-brainer in this particular time and environment.

So I did my patriotic duty last night and fired up Command and Conquer: Red Alert and ran some simulations. Here is what I found and should be the NATO strategy going forward:
-we must attack Russians ore trucks so they can stop building shit, number one priority
- we have to neutralize the Tesla coils, you can use some tactical nukes to take out the power plants or air power if they don't have SAMs around them
- TAKE OUT THE MAMMOTH TANKS

After a few theaters of battle using the above techniques and BTFO of the ruskies and their allies, it looks like a solid plan.

I called the Pentagon and shared what I found, we got this boys:usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:
I just finished beating RA2 and Yuris revenge a fe weeks ago. About to jump into some Stalker to personally send some ruskies to hell. :flipoff2:

I mean it’s hard to know what kind of stuff is going on but there is ALOT posted to tik tok before it’s deleted. Sure makes it seem like the Russians aren’t really successful at a ground war.

And FFS.....Biden....open up our domestic oil/petro-producing capabilities! Damn....cut the head off that money-making beast of Putin's (or at least wound it pretty bad), help our Euro allies have another source for energy, and eliminate our dependency on (at least his) nefarious source.

That, even with the green-weenies' whining, seems like a no-brainer in this particular time and environment.
Don't forget Biden fully expected this so I am sure he is a few steps ahead:shaking:

Top Back Refresh