What's new

Russia / Ukraine thread

And now Putin is threatening Finland and Sweden.

Finland participated in the Second World War initially in a defensive war against the Soviet Union, followed by another battle against the Soviet Union acting in concert with Nazi Germany and then finally fighting alongside the Allies against Nazi Germany.

The first two major conflicts in which Finland was directly involved were the defensive Winter War against an invasion by the Soviet Union in 1939, followed by the Continuation War, together with Germany and the other Axis Powers against the Soviets, in 1941–1944. The third conflict, the Lapland War against Germany in 1944–1945, followed the signing of the Moscow Armistice with the Allied Powers, which stipulated expulsion of Nazi German forces from Finnish territory.

By the end of hostilities, Finland remained an independent country, albeit "Finlandized", but had to cede nearly 10% of its territory, including its fourth largest city, Viipuri (Vyborg), pay out a large amount of war reparations to the Soviet Union, and formally acknowledge partial responsibility for the Continuation War. As a result of this territorial loss, those living within these regions abandoned their homes, relocating to areas that remained within the borders of Finland

Reactions: DMG
Politely? I don't know about a dickweed but you are sure as fuck a dickhead. I have friends of the family actually in the ukraine who have seen them shell every single structure on an island till nothing still stands. They sent two cruisers to kill 13 border gaurds on a tiny island. When they asked the city of sumy to to surrender and they refused they moved on to indiscriminately shelling civilian targets. My favorite teacher had her childhood home flattened by a soviet t90 last night. Polite invasion. What a sick joke
Apologies but you are too emotional for this conversation. I spent 25 years in the Military and lost a shit ton of my Brothers to armed conflict, training accidents and just general fucking around and finding out.

And yes, this is a very polite invasion. Russia could have started from the border and razed everything to the ground. Cities could have been rubble by now. People could be living with no electricity, water or food. That in reality should have happened on the first night. Do you not recall Bush's "Shock and Awe" campaign in Iraq. Any idea how many tons of explosives were dropped on the first night? Have you not seen how the good ole USofA wages war?

The people in this thread for the most part (yes the normal name callers, shit stirrers etc... pipe in from time to time) are arm chair quarterbacking this invasion. Trying to make sense and sift through the bullshit and/or determine the direction of where it is going. As I have said MULTIPLE TIMES NOW, the real victims are the innocent civilians. Now you can either accept that or go fuck off. I am not advocating anything here but observing and being a realist.

Probably me. I seem to draw the immature name callers like fly's to shit.
Well, the pic I posted is from my friend, there on the ground. It's not misinformation, unless her account is compromised.

I have friends and family there too.

Polite, my ass. Putin wants Ukraine back into the fold. He has to ramp up to total flattening, in the eye of the global public.

The Public Court of Opinion is against him or he'd be killing everyone with atmospheric weapons that leave buildings intact.

NATO bolsters arms supply to Ukraine with anti-tank weapons​

Berlin to supply 1,000 anti-tank weapons and 500 Stinger missiles in U-turn from its policy of banning weapon exports to conflict zones. Germany will supply Ukraine with 1,000 anti-tank weapons and 500 Stinger surface-to-air missiles from Bundeswehr stocks so it can defend itself against Russia as fighting intensifies around its capital.

interesting turn of events

Well, the pic I posted is from my friend, there on the ground. It's not misinformation, unless her account is compromised.

Polite, my ass. Putin wants Ukraine back into the fold. He has to ramp up to total flattening, in the eye of the global public.

The Public Court of Opinion is against him or he'd be killing everyone with atmospheric weapons that leave buildings intact.
If his so called "troops" are being stalled the way I am hearing, he soon may ramp up actions. I am getting reports that there are mostly conscripts who have received Basic Military Training and being sent to the front lines to execute the war.

I honestly feel Putting has to walk a very fine line in order to keep the international community out of this and whole sale murder of civilians is the easiest way to get the worlds attention. There is always going to be collateral damage but leveling cities is another story.

She has cell signal? Wifi? Utilities?

Send more pictures, I'm not seeing enough to be proof that Ukraine is kicking ass or Russia is kicking Ass. But the few videos I've seen, especially of kyiv, looks normal everyday life.

I'm being genuine, I'd like to see native photos, but all I've seen is finger pointing, conjecture, he said she said.

Again, most wars have had far more videological stuff

Such a ban could also spur Moscow to accelerate the development of an alternative transfer system, with China, or other countries, potentially undercutting US dominance of the financial system.

key takeaway regarding swift, sounds like it won't cause a run on bitcoin, though bitcoin will be up a bunch in a year regardless

She has cell signal? Wifi? Utilities?

Send more pictures, I'm not seeing enough to be proof that Ukraine is kicking ass or Russia is kicking Ass. But the few videos I've seen, especially of kyiv, looks normal everyday life.

I'm being genuine, I'd like to see native photos, but all I've seen is finger pointing, conjecture, he said she said.

Again, most wars have had far more videological stuff
Yes, she's in Poland now.

I believe it is the caption that is misleading. Did a rocket/missile/etc hit that building? yes. Does that mean Russia is now intentionally targeting civilians? No. If that were the case, there would be significantly more damage than just one building with no injuries

I sort of feel like all these threads should be merged.

Vote?

I kind of wonder what the private ownership of guns in UKR was prior to the invasion. Did they have sport hunting? AKA known as sniper rifles? If they did/do, that will be a problem for RUS. Who the fuck wants to enter a city while the population is playing deer hunter on you? Or in their case, boar hunter.
Some of those countries have recreational shooters that routinely operate bolt action high powered rifles faster than a pump shotgun and are putting lead on pig foreheads with amazing efficiency.

Well, Putin is quickly becoming the next Saddam Hussein. This won't go well for him and Russia.

Reactions: DMG

interesting turn of events

That's the part that muddles the waters for me. Germany (and whoever else) has basically declared war against Russia by DIRECTLY supply armament.

Also, Zelenskyy is dead one way or another. By adorning a helmet and vest he goes out as a hero.

Can someone point me to a news source where I can read all about what's going on over there right now that will be 100% unbiased in what they report? Dont worry, I'll wait......

The fucking MSM has been lying to us for at least the last 3yrs and we all know it, but now after a war breaks out in Europe they are suddenly trustworthy and believable? :lmao:

I'm a gotta see it to believe it type of person these days.

That's the part that muddles the waters for me. Germany (and whoever else) has basically declared war against Russia by DIRECTLY supply armament.

Also, Zelenskyy is dead one way or another. By adorning a helmet and vest he goes out as a hero.
Nope. Lots of countries have provided weapons and armament without declaring war.

We've done it, in WW2 with the UK, China, et al

Others have too.

I hope Zelensky makes it. I like him a lot.

How are they going to get anti tank missiles and systems anywhere meaningful now that Russia has control of the air and borders ?

How are they going to get anti tank missiles and systems anywhere meaningful now that Russia has control of the air and borders ?
Come on man you never heard of smugglers, hell they could be loaded on to a boomer snuck in close to shore and slipped into the country. Then there are IEDs, THe Hungarians laid out brown dinner plates on the roads to simulate antitank mines when they got out ot investigate they killed them
Especially in urban guerrilla warfare, improvised methods, not requiring purpose-built equipment, has been known to immobilize or destroy tanks. In the Hungarian Revolution of 1956, for example, one of the simplest measures was to spread brown dinner plates on a street, plates that looked, from a distance, like a Soviet antitank mine. The tank driver turned away, into an ambush.

During the same fight, one tank was put out of service when a high-voltage electrical line was dropped onto it. Another tank was immobilized, again by predicting its probable route, when a depression in a sloping road was filled with liquid soap.

Tanks have been destroyed by luring them onto weakened bridges over water, or even over covered pits or faulty roadway. Daring Hungarians would jump onto a Soviet tank, put a Hungarian flag on its antenna, and then either shoot crewmen trying to remove it, or wait for other Soviets to turn heavy fire on what they believed to a tank captured by the rebels.

Incendiary attack is classic if one can get close enough to throw a gasoline-filled bottle with a fuse, usually called a "Molotov cocktail" after the early WWII use. The bottle must break on an air intake to the crew compartment, in the engine compartment, or other location. Modern tanks are much less vulnerable to such attacks, given that they have fire-extinguishing systems and, as part of protection against chemical, biological and nuclear attack, air filtration systems.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh