What's new

Russia / Ukraine thread

Technically France is a member of NATO. Practically, they are not. Just curious, what year were you born ? This happened a long time ago and is obscure. Surprised I found it in Wiki so quickly.

I remember that shit first hand. The way it was worded, it seemed you posted that France had used tactical nukes.

Wonder what the trefoil signifies on this piece of aircraft?
Screenshot_2022-02-25-19-19-07.jpg
/attachments/ap22056354700369-jpg.503764/?hash=74cc98486a33c84cde1b2dcc6e7163a2

Attachments

• AP22056354700369.jpg
    AP22056354700369.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 11
So where's the Gofundme?

I wand "sponsored by some dude still driving an Aerostar" sharpied on the business end of an AT4.

I’ve heard of people just calling the Ukraine embassy to send funds for the military , most of the donation sites you find are for humanitarian efforts.

I saw the direct donation line last night but haven’t seen it again today.

And the Ukr AF seems to be using Romania for refueling and rearming the jets. I guess Romania isn’t technically supposed to let them leave after they land but they aren’t stopping them yet.

Wrong. Not once have I said this was all Trump fault. I said he didn't do anything to help the situation while he was in office, but yet he's hailed as a genius here. A genius that did nothing but defend his ego. If you do nothing then your just as much part of the problem as someone who does the wrong thing.
That's some fucking BLM style logic there. Screw off, nobody can do something about everything.

Wrong. Not once have I said this was all Trump fault. I said he didn't do anything to help the situation while he was in office, but yet he's hailed as a genius here. A genius that did nothing but defend his ego. If you do nothing then your just as much part of the problem as someone who does the wrong thing.
You don't even have a coherent point or side, all you've done is blame Trump for not doing something yet you can't even articulate what it is he was supposed to do. :homer:

Cause we said we would defend them in stead of having them install missile bases? If you can't stand by what you promise then what's your worth. If you do intent to follow that then say that and give them back their missile bases. Maybe that's what Trump should have done, surly his genius brain considered that.
So what, we're supposed to be beholden to every dumbass thing a previous administration says we'll do? This is exactly why this sort of thing is supposed to come from Congress and not a President and why we shouldn't have entangling alliances with other nations. No President is beholden to a previous administrations foreign policy. The only agreement we have with Ukraine that's been signed off on by Congress is a 94 agreement saying recognize their sovereignty and pledged not to use force against them. There's zero responsibility for us to defend them militarily, nevermind that that agreement was with a previous government that no longer exists as of 2014.

What's our end goal here with Russia? Nothing good can come from any of this. Best case scenario, Ukraine surrenders and this is worked out diplomatically. Worst case scenario this escalates into war with a desperate country that controls the worlds largest and most advanced nuclear arsenal or Russia collapses and that nuclear arsenal falls into someone else's hands. Because of our constant escalation it's entirely possible, if not likely that Eastern Europe falls back into a constant state of civil war and genocide like we saw after the collapse of the USSR. We're talking about global instability on a scale not seen since WWII coming out of 3 years of the global economy being tested to it's absolute limit.

And the Ukr AF seems to be using Romania for refueling and rearming the jets. I guess Romania isn’t technically supposed to let them leave after they land but they aren’t stopping them yet.

Romania is a NATO nation. A lot easier to re-arm with the latest and greatest NATO can bolt on those things.

Cause we said we would defend them in stead of having them install missile bases? If you can't stand by what you promise then what's your worth. If you do intent to follow that then say that and give them back their missile bases. Maybe that's what Trump should have done, surly his genius brain considered that.

Damn, monday morning quarterbacking the shit out of the memorandum. What about Clinton, Bush, Obama, or Biden? Nah, all Trumps(for doing nothing) fault for Russias of aggression.

The US government says something obscure, then does something else. Damn... I thought they only did that to their own citizens.

That was the first thing that crossed my mind, though never seen the yellow and magenta used for that.

Question... The KC's that are circling... Would it make sense for them to be on station to refuel NATO aircraft either before or after a strike sortie?

Also, what is YANK02 doing there in Lithuania?

EDIT: Nevermind on YANK. Signals Intel plane.

Last edited:
Question... The KC's that are circling... Would it make sense for them to be on station to refuel NATO aircraft either before or after a strike sortie?

Also, what is YANK02 doing there in Lithuania?

EDIT: Nevermind on YANK. Signals Intel plane.
B2s taking off from the US are gonna need a fill-up for the trip back home. :flipoff2:

Alright Russia is throwing some shit into the fan now

"If you block cooperation with us, who will save the International Space Station (ISS) from an uncontrolled deorbit and fall into the United States or...Europe?" Rogozin said in one of his tweets. "There is also the possibility of a 500-ton structure falling on India and China. Do you want to threaten them with such a prospect? The ISS does not fly over Russia, therefore all the risks are yours. Are you ready for them?"

You don't even have a coherent point or side, all you've done is blame Trump for not doing something yet you can't even articulate what it is he was supposed to do. :homer:

So what, we're supposed to be beholden to every dumbass thing a previous administration says we'll do? This is exactly why this sort of thing is supposed to come from Congress and not a President and why we shouldn't have entangling alliances with other nations. No President is beholden to a previous administrations foreign policy. The only agreement we have with Ukraine that's been signed off on by Congress is a 94 agreement saying recognize their sovereignty and pledged not to use force against them. There's zero responsibility for us to defend them militarily, nevermind that that agreement was with a previous government that no longer exists as of 2014.

What's our end goal here with Russia? Nothing good can come from any of this. Best case scenario, Ukraine surrenders and this is worked out diplomatically. Worst case scenario this escalates into war with a desperate country that controls the worlds largest and most advanced nuclear arsenal or Russia collapses and that nuclear arsenal falls into someone else's hands. Because of our constant escalation it's entirely possible, if not likely that Eastern Europe falls back into a constant state of civil war and genocide like we saw after the collapse of the USSR. We're talking about global instability on a scale not seen since WWII coming out of 3 years of the global economy being tested to it's absolute limit.
How about Nato staying west and not letting every country join, like the agreement with Putin? Nato has consistently lied and broken agreements with him and now they've forced his hand. I don't fault Putin for not wanting Nato or the US on his borders. This is like China taking over Mexico and installing missle bases there. Bay of pigs ring a bell?

How about Nato staying west and not letting every country join, like the agreement with Putin? Nato has consistently lied and broken agreements with him and now they've forced his hand. I don't fault Putin for not wanting Nato or the US on his borders. This is like China taking over Mexico and installing missle bases there. Bay of pigs ring a bell?
Ukraine is not a NATO member and we are not putting ICBM's there.

Alright Russia is throwing some shit into the fan now

"If you block cooperation with us, who will save the International Space Station (ISS) from an uncontrolled deorbit and fall into the United States or...Europe?" Rogozin said in one of his tweets. "There is also the possibility of a 500-ton structure falling on India and China. Do you want to threaten them with such a prospect? The ISS does not fly over Russia, therefore all the risks are yours. Are you ready for them?"
This guy really is just throwing a giant temper tantrum at this point.

How about every country can make its own choices?

So I have mentioned before I have a former teacher who was from the ukraine. Her family is still on the ground and she has been providing hourly updates. And while honestly the odds are not in the ukraines favor they are putting up a hell of a fight. Putin is failing to accomplish the blitzkrieg he planned on. Other than cherynoble he has mangaged to take and hold very little. The russian navy has flattened every structure on zeminsky island and yet as of last night had been unable to take it. In her home town last night ukr and russian tanks were fighting it out in the streets and the russians were doing poorly. Will they still win? Probably. To paraphrase hitler there are always more russians. But they are being made to pay dearly.

So I have mentioned before I have a former teacher who was from the ukraine. Her family is still on the ground and she has been providing hourly updates. And while honestly the odds are not in the ukraines favor they are putting up a hell of a fight. Putin is failing to accomplish the blitzkrieg he planned on. Other than cherynoble he has mangaged to take and hold very little. The russian navy has flattened every structure on zeminsky island and yet as of last night had been unable to take it. In her home town last night ukr and russian tanks were fighting it out in the streets and the russians were doing poorly. Will they still win? Probably. To paraphrase hitler there are always more russians. But they are being made to pay dearly.
Thing is, Russians at home want nothing to do with this, and are starting to rise up.

Some are already off the porch.

Thing is, Russians at home want nothing to do with this, and are starting to rise up.

Some are already off the porch.
Ohh i agree. Word on the ground is they have absolutely shit morale. I imagine because they are attacking on the whims of a madman where as the defenders are fighting for thier homes

I remember that shit first hand. The way it was worded, it seemed you posted that France had used tactical nukes.

Deployed Used Detonated Obliterated Dr Evil - "Deploy the Clone"

My error, I didn't mean "used" as in BANG !! here's the kwik Googli definition -
deploy

dĭ-ploi′

intransitive verb​

1. To position (troops) in readiness for combat, as along a front or line.
  2. To bring (forces or material) into action.
  3. To base (a weapons system) in the field.
Anyways I bet the Ukes wish to hell they had a few Tac Nukes. Just a few. They would have gone BANG by now.

I agree with that. Which is why we have no business there other than to protect other peoples money. It's not our fight.

If the country asks for help and we have the ability/desire to help, then we can...our fight or not.

It's truly mind boggling that the left in this country is so "woke" that it not only managed to support a President who voted for segregation and is on the record in Congress calling black people n*****s. But within two years is actively supporting a far right totalitarian government with strong roots in straight up fucking neo-nazi movements.

Shit just keeps getting more and more strange the last few years.

790cefc7-d773-4e44-9ae5-c49ca25929da-Copy.jpeg
Yea but Russia bad bro, Putin's literally hitl..... Oh wait, huh.... Trump. - woke brain overloading

Top Back Refresh