What's new

Russia / Ukraine thread

Mine field part 2. Worst part is the drone sees their position. Edit they use smoke to try to conceal position.

How stupid are these people?

A guy steps on a mine, so you decide to send out all your other guys to step on more mines?
Is this in their playbook or what?

It's a new tactic approach to clearing a mine field, I guess.

A guy steps on a mine, so you decide to send out all your other guys to step on more mines?

It is the Soviet way...
Cheaper than a mine clearing vehicle.:shaking:

Aar6

Crap. Theres a 15 minute video of Ukraines 47 Brigade Bradley's trying to recover troops in a mine field. Just frigging awful. Heres a short clip of one guy jumping out and landing on a mine. There's others trying to get into a Bradley with the same results. All the while the complete area is getting shelled to crap. Cant find a way to link vid so if to much Ill delete.

War is hell. You don't come to a war updates thread and not expect to see people get blown up. Sucks for all involved.

The one dude jumping off of the tank jumped on fresh dirt, probably thinking what mine WAS there already went off so it should be safe. If I was ordered out, I would have made that same judgement call.:homer:

War is hell. You don't come to a war updates thread and not expect to see people get blown up. Sucks for all involved.

The folks who constantly proclaim themselves Ukraine supporters and say that the Ukrainians must keeping fighting and can't negotiate are just absolutely blatantly ignoring reality. This is what's happening over there. If you're a male you can't leave the country. Much of their military is conscripted.

The folks who constantly proclaim themselves Ukraine supporters and say that the Ukrainians must keeping fighting and can't negotiate are just absolutely blatantly ignoring reality. This is what's happening over there. If you're a male you can't leave the country. Much of their military is conscripted.
They are winning so hard they are forcing everyone up to the age 65 to grab a rifle :homer:

They are winning so hard they are forcing everyone up to the age 65 to grab a rifle :homer:
Also, for what it is worth, Putin, from the beginning, stated his desires and offered amnesty to all who drop their weapons.

Apparently the Russian drone filming let the Bradley gather up their wounded and leave without getting shelled.
No that cant be... Russians are ruthless murdermongers! :shaking:

Mine field #4. This is when the drone came into the wreckage area. The general area is called "Bradley Square" Its the area all the Bradley's have been destroyed. Looks like a couple more got it. The one remaining Bradley shot out a mine clearing line. Didnt help much. The rest of video just pans around at dead bodies and some fire fight off in the distance.

Over the years, I have met a bunch of Ukrainians at my Rehab gym. True they were soldiers injured in Crimea and their wives/chaperones. They all really hate and even the women and the guys in wheelchairs would willingly pick up arms to fight Russia. I don’t think they are forcing people to pick up arms based on my experiences.

We used to have so many Ukrainians come to Los Angeles, that my rehab, Gym opened a facility in Kiev. I think it was bombed in the first two weeks.

Over the years, I have met a bunch of Ukrainians at my Rehab gym. True they were soldiers injured in Crimea and their wives/chaperones. They all really hate and even the women and the guys in wheelchairs would willingly pick up arms to fight Russia. I don’t think they are forcing people to pick up arms based on my experiences.

We used to have so many Ukrainians come to Los Angeles, that my rehab, Gym opened a facility in Kiev. I think it was bombed in the first two weeks.

That means jack and shit.

I don’t think they are forcing people to pick up arms based on my experiences.
You don't have to think. Just read the news and listen to the actual words coming out of UKR leadership stating it as a fact.

I'm sure that's the case for plenty of them but you're not putting a policy in place forbidding men from leaving the country unless it's a problem.

And also, when you're on the other side of the planet with a nice cushy life it's easy to talk about all the Russian ass you'd be kicking if you were back in Ukraine. Just look at all the lefties who are all of a sudden talking tough with a newfound interest in military and war. I don't see them booking any flights though. I've offered to personally kit out two of my acquaintances with anything they want who are always talking big talk knowing full well my money was safe. :laughing:

make no mistake, everyone hates russians for obvious reasons
it is just that we're doing the same things they did to earn their hate, but with better funding

their conscription and disallowing males from fleeing the country are well known

All these videos are Russian controlled drones and the soldiers are Ukrainian?
yes
except when it is played on the news, then the fact checkers will assure you that the bradleys are actually really the new model BMPs

Mine field #4. This is when the drone came into the wreckage area. The general area is called "Bradley Square" Its the area all the Bradley's have been destroyed. Looks like a couple more got it. The one remaining Bradley shot out a mine clearing line. Didnt help much. The rest of video just pans around at dead bodies and some fire fight off in the distance.

There’s a longer version of this video that is considerably more graphic.

And also, when you're on the other side of the planet with a nice cushy life it's easy to talk about all the Russian ass you'd be kicking if you were back in Ukraine. Just look at all the lefties who are all of a sudden talking tough with a newfound interest in military and war. I don't see them booking any flights though. I've offered to personally kit out two of my acquaintances with anything they want who are always talking big talk knowing full well my money was safe. :laughing:
My father has stated a number of times that he would love to go shoot some ruskies because of all of this. I am, however, reminded of a story he has told me, where he shot a bird as a kid and it still lingers with him in his mind. I think shooting someone who has people, family, friends who love them is quite a bit more intense than a bird. Lots of talk.

Unfortunately the news has its evil talons in his brain and he cannot seem to break free from the propaganda machine. :( Unfortunately he is not alone.

My father has stated a number of times that he would love to go shoot some ruskies because of all of this. I am, however, reminded of a story he has told me, where he shot a bird as a kid and it still lingers with him in his mind. I think shooting someone who has people, family, friends who love them is quite a bit more intense than a bird. Lots of talk.

Unfortunately the news has its evil talons in his brain and he cannot seem to break free from the propaganda machine. :( Unfortunately he is not alone.
Out of curiosity where did he fall in the covid vax spectrum?

From what an old Vietnam vet that was my dad's employee when I was a teenager told me about killing another human being it definitely takes a toll on you. He ended up doing search and destroy missions on long range patrols but when he first went over he said he was physically sick the first time he killed someone up close. He had a couple of holes in him from getting shot and part of him was still in Vietnam.:usa:

You're full of shit on Crimea. You were fed a line of shit and swallowed it hard. There was no "invasion" there.

My Dad has Ukrainian neighbours that came over in 2016 (can't remember exactly). They told us how fucked Ukraine really is. They're astounded by the West's support, they think it's insane. They know something else is going on. They mentioned the unreal ethnic cleansing that started when they left. They are from the western part of the UKR.

Oh yeah, BTW, Russia bombed a strategic Gym. :shaking:

Last edited:
You're full of shit on Crimea. You were fed a line of shit and swallowed it hard. There was no "invasion" there.

My Dad has Ukrainian neighbours that came over in 2016 (can't remember exactly). They told us how fucked Ukraine really is. They're astounded by the West's support, they think it's insane. They know something else is going on. They mentioned the unreal ethnic cleansing that started when they left. They are from the western part of the UKR.

Oh yeah, BTW, Russia bombed a strategic Gym. :shaking:
1. I assumed it was Crimea, not sure what other wars they have fought. they were mostly spinal cord injuries from bullet wounds. One guy was blown up. They were fighting somebody though.

2. They know that the Ukrainian government is corrupt. But it’s better than being under Russia.

3. I never said it was a strategic Gym. It was just blown up in the very initial weeks of fighting.

Top Back Refresh