What's new

Russia / Ukraine thread

...Ukraine’s ambassador openly questioned Russia’s status as one of the most powerful members of the Security Council.

Sergiy Kyslytsy, who’d prepared a statement arguing for diplomacy, ditched it to castigate the Russians for their unprovoked aggression — but only after he’d read aloud the section of the U.N. Charter on admitting new members and accused Russia of having used a "sneaky" loophole to gain the power to veto Security Council action.

It's a bold claim — but one that isn’t as farfetched as it may seem. The Soviet Union died in December 1991, but there are several possible dates we might place on the U.S.S.R.’s metaphorical death certificate. Whichever one is deemed correct could alter the way international politics has functioned since the end of the Cold War...

1645821103730.png

I really hope this “ghost of Kiev” mig-29 pilot is still alive, 6 a2a kills on other jets in one day. First ace in 57 years, if it’s not just ukr propaganda do boost morale that is pretty wild.
Here's your answer:

Here's your answer:

The video:

GET SOME! :mad3:

LOTS of people could learn from this. Was that ghost of Kyiv pilot flying a mig or shoot down a mig.

Reactions: DMG
he's flying a 50+ year old MIG 29 against a cutting edge Sukhov S27 about 200' off the deck.
At least during the '91 Persian Gulf War; F-15C pilots were told not to get into a turning fight with a MiG-29.

I found that interesting because F-15s have pretty small turning radius' for such a big plane.
Then again; MiG-29s are smaller than F-15s.

Would anyone in our government step up like this other than the Crenshaw fella in texas?
|Goncharenko is not a reservist or a member of the volunteer Territorial Defence Forces. In fact, as a member of the parliament, he is not allowed to join the defense forces, according to the Ukrainian law."

“That’s a law of peacetime. Now, this is a special situation,” he said, adding that a number of his fellow deputies have also picked up their rifles.

1645824806874.png

while there is no good thing it war it did ruin joy bahar's plans to go to italy. Sorry this little war inconvenienced you

Last edited:
Why in the F would the military allow you to track it's movement over the internet?
I have a coworker who spends more time than is healthy on flight radar even when there's not a war going on. The US allows a lot of things to be tracked normally, but it doesn't make sense in a combat zone. He told me about this today and about two US tankers that are orbiting just outside of Ukraine. He says he can see the global hawk come and go (it doesn't refuel at the tankers) and he can see the tankers orbit, but never what it is they're refueling.

Maybe the global hawk is a way to allow them to claim any other drones that are spotted in the area were just surveillance drones flying around?

Top Back Refresh