What's new

Russia / Ukraine thread

From what I've been able to gather info coming out of Russia is more tightly controlled now than back in the days of the USSR.
you read what you just wrote?

"the open internet has had no effect whatsoever on the flow of information from behind the iron curtain"

The MSM machine is getting ridiculous at this point.

The Kirby and Austin if the leaked docs are true both lied before congress reporting Russia was losing. They did before the docs were released. Daniel Ellsberg during the Viet Nam war did the same which shut down Westmorelands claim we were winning there also. That release later ended most of that war. Will any of this be investigated? Probably not.
The kid could have been set up for this but in any regards how and why he did this he will see no daylight any more.

Do you think customs required it to be de-milled? Hmmm. Wonder what shipping from Ukraine costs?
That used to be the case with imported tanks per what I was reading at the time on Steel Soldiers, not sure if that is changed, but I would assume that it hasn't changed much.
Used to be that you had to have a hole the diameter of the bore drilled through the base of the barrel.

Aaron Z

That used to be the case with imported tanks per what I was reading at the time on Steel Soldiers, not sure if that is changed, but I would assume that it hasn't changed much.
Used to be that you had to have a hole the diameter of the bore drilled through the base of the barrel.

Aaron Z
wonder about registering it as a DD like any other breech loading cannon

wonder about registering it as a DD like any other breech loading cannon
Yes, IF you can show a reason (per this site: Can You Buy a Tank? - Aero Corner ), but a licence being granted is unlikely...
Can You Own a Tank with a Working Cannon?

In most cases, a civilian will not be able to purchase a tank with a working cannon. Civilians cannot own a tank with operational guns or explosives unless they have a Federal Destructive Device permit or license. However, permits are rarely issued for the private use of active tanks.
T 14 Armata russian tankYay T 14 Armata russian tank

The National Firearms Act (NFA) regulates the sale of destructive devices and several other categories of guns. It also established the Federal Firearms Licensing Center (FFLC) for issuing permits and licenses. The cannons and machine guns on tanks are considered destructive devices. A destructive device is any artillery weapon or firearm with a bore that measures over half an inch, except for most types of shotguns and rifles.

Before obtaining a destructive device, the buyer needs an FEP. The permit is issued by the FFLC, which is a department of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). The permits are primarily used for the sale of large fireworks for individuals that plan on using the fireworks for a public display. Civilians are unlikely to obtain an FEP for an operational cannon or machine gun without demonstrating a specific use, such as a controlled historical reenactment or research.

Federal explosives licenses (FELs) are typically only issued to manufacturers, importers, and dealers to facilitate the sale of operational tanks. However, an individual collector may apply for a Type 03 “Collector of Curios and Relics” license if they meet all other requirements

Aaron Z

There's a guy fixing tanks in his shed in England and he is exporting a tank to the US. Had to cut a bunch of the breech block out because our laws are more strict than England's.
I found that amusing and sad.

I wonder if that tank is going over to Fort Irwin, I think that's the place where we train against Soviet tanks and always get beat by the OPFOR.

Nope. Tons of pics in the link if you can stand all the ads:

Okay, I'll explain. That was a dig at the high-school level propaganda movies that keep appearing. The more props they have the more realistic the pretending is.

I wonder if that tank is going over to Fort Irwin, I think that's the place where we train against Soviet tanks and always get beat by the OPFOR.
It was headed for Aberdeen proving grounds in MD. Came to TX from Poland and was trucked from TX to MD.

Still pretty bizarre that they left it unattended for a couple days (if I'm reading that right).

Still pretty bizarre that they left it unattended for a couple days (if I'm reading that right).
It's in the article, transmission in the truck failed and it had to sit while the driver swapped rigs.

Like you have a clue.

Sit down, and shut up. :homer:
so enlighten us then all knowing russaboo.

because everyone, including the russians, have acknowledged that there have been several friendly fire incidents between russian ground forces and russian air forces.
russian official documents state that the average russian pilot gets around 100 hours of flight time a year.
can you be effective with 9 hours of flying a month?

the state of the russian air force is fucking laughable.

but come on, tell me how stronk russia is and how they're the best with their dated 80's aircraft that are left over from the soviet times.
tell me how shooting unguided rockets above the horizon is a great tactic for close air support.
tell me how awesome it is to use a handheld GPS stuck on the dash of your mach 2 fighter to navigate with because half the avionics in your shitpile don't work because nobody spent the money to maintain or update them for 30 years before they decided to have a large scale conflict.
tell me how they quickly established air superiority over ukraine swiftly and completely and have maintained that superiority.

because everyone, including the russians, have acknowledged that there have been several friendly fire incidents between russian ground forces and russian air forces.
Fuck man, it's been a very well known thing since they were fighting in afghanistan.

their dudes in the air do not talk to their dudes on the ground
at all
both talk to their own command chain

1682191166794.jpeg

Top Back Refresh