What's new

Russia / Ukraine thread

If Greece takes over Italy, Poland over Belgium, Russia over Ukraine, USA over Cuba, jordan over Qatar, who gives a fuck?

Is America the world police? Why the fuck should we be? How has that worked out? Vietnam, Korea, ME. Please tell me what it's resolved.

if they go in, have a war by the rules, don't go all genocide, don't go chemical weapons, Ukraine surrenders, Russia +1, why do I care? Peace restored under Russian flag, clean up begins. Why. Should. I. Care?

I get it though, pro-war. War for freedom! War against war! :shaking:

Curious, I think you're a past/ present member of armed services, right? Are you the type that asks for 5% military discount, everywhere, 24/7?
No. It usually was to my benefit to not inform people of my job. Also, I live in Hampton Roads which is the largest military area in the world so there probably aren't many discounts here. I do get it at Lowes though now that I think about it.

Its Tuesday right? What does Ukraine have that we dont want Russia having? It looks like he is just saying its his now and not out slaughtering the people. Maybe Ukraine should have worked harder on joining nato.

I guess im wondering if or why we should care.

Kinda scared seeing this, especially being dead center in the draft age range.

But sure is interesting seeing 2 information age militaries fighting. Seems to be going the way such a conflict was predicted to go.
I’ve had that thought. I also have an a&p with a bunch of helicopter maintenance experience, so it’s not like I’ll be far down the list :laughing::laughing:

I was not the biggest trump fan but having sleepy joe up there is just fucking terrifying.

1645723597094.png
Umm... why have firefighters putting out a downed jet in a dirt field. Looks like a staged picture

It's nice that we have all transitioned from pandemic and virology experts over to international relations and war strategists.
whats your point?

this is a discussion board. were you looking for something else?

4 helicopters isn't exactly what I would call heavy losses.

I haven't seen footage of any fancy russian tanks either. So it's not like they're hurting to just hurl more t72s at it. most of the destroyed russian equipment photos I've seen were all APCs.

I will interject to say that it is very possible that this may have the unintended backfire result of exposing how antiquated and ineffectual the Russian conventional forces may be (by relative comparison), aside from their nuclear capabilities.

4 helicopters isn't exactly what I would call heavy losses.

I haven't seen footage of any fancy russian tanks either. So it's not like they're hurting to just hurl more t72s at it. most of the destroyed russian equipment photos I've seen were all APCs.
There’s also columns of destroyed Ukr T64s, but that footage is being suppressed. Lots of it out there but they are trying to keep Ukraine’s movements off the internet as much as they can.

Once we start seeing destroyed T84-oplot’s and T80/90BVM is when we know they are starting to use the fancy shit.

If you’re referring to my speculation…. I think it’s the other way around. Biden doesn’t want the corrupt cabal ousted, that would kill the worlds money laundering hot spot.
Something tells me that Biden would have sucked Putin's dick on live TV if he really didn't want him to invade. I tend to think Biden's OK with it, and all the "sanctions" are just a facade to look like he's "deeply concerned", when in reality, he is just going to let Russia pick up where he left off with Zelenskyy once all the fires are out and the US economy is completely destroyed.

I will interject to say that it is very possible that this may have the unintended backfire result of exposing how antiquated and ineffectual the Russian conventional forces may be (by relative comparison), aside from their nuclear capabilities.
we're gathering all the intel about our weapons effectiveness I'd imagine.

especially about the new ERA if we see it deployed.

What a massive looking POS :confused:

you know who helped russia develop it?
the israelis.

It's very capable.
crew training is the big question. Can it be used to it's fullest extent by the average russian pilot?
I guess we're finding out.

Soooo, if you think the price of gas is going to go up, think about this. When we sanction the fuck out of Putin and he decides he doesn't like that, he may just stop SELLING us oil.

I just saw this on the news. Snapped a pic.

oil.jpg

We import more oil from Russia than we do from Saudi. 44% of our oil usage goes towards gasoline.

Russia pulls the plug on exporting us oil and gas goes up fast.

They are still firing AA in Kharkov so they haven’t lost it yet,

Where are the vids of action on the ground?
Leakreality isn't working now for some reason.

looks like cold war 2.0 is on.
3.0? aren't we doing the china thing too?
Expected to announce additional sanctions on Russia, Biden will lay out "further consequences the United States and our Allies and partners will impose on Russia for its unprovoked and unjustified attack on Ukraine," according to a White House official.

But it's still unclear how much further those sanctions will go -- and whether they would make any difference in what Putin claimed overnight would be a "special military operation" in eastern Ukraine, but is proving to be much more widespread.

Top Back Refresh