What's new

Russia / Ukraine thread

What do you expect NATO to do? Ukraine isn't a member country. :homer:
We shouldnt be involved in the Russian invasion. Not one American life or American dollar should be wasted on a dispute almost 100 years old.

We shouldnt be involved in the Taiwan invasion. Not one American life or American dollar should be wasted on a dispute almost 100 years old.
Very good attitude until it happens to us. Why the fuck should anyone be bothered when the US gets invaded?

Hi. I'm stupid.

What effect are we going to see here? $6 a gallon for fuel I imagine?
if this was pre-covid with Trump, you'd see very little. we would still be a net exporter of oil and wouldnt be buying russian crude oil every day.

i think Cali will hit 7 dollars a gallon. the rest of the country will be well over $4. and Obama and the green idiots are going to love every minute of it.

I will explain this just like I explained the first Gulf War. To me, it wasn't about politics or oil. If some asshole comes and kicks you and your family out of your house and into the street, you just gonna walk off and say too bad for me? Fuck no, you are going to be looking for help to get back into your house. We helped Kuwait get back into their house which happened to be their country. Second Gulf War was just junior finishing off what daddy started and then lost the stomach for.

Very good attitude until it happens to us. Why the fuck should anyone be bothered when the US gets invaded?

...What do you want us to do legally? Do we have a signed mutual defense treaty that binds us to military action?

I agree, it's fucked that Russia is just moving in on it's neighbor. That doesn't mean that we have to take action.

Geographically, strategically, that would be very difficult.

EU-US.jpg

What do you expect NATO to do? Ukraine isn't a member country. :homer:
The THREAT of NATO is what this is mostly about. Putin didn't want a NATO country that close to his border. I also think he wants the Baltic breakaway nations back under the homeland. All the 'stans, Georgia, Chechnya, etc... Russia has dealt with constant terrorism and loyalty issues since the break away. Letting NATO and US base troops and planes in their countries right next to the Russian border.

well, we give people a shit-ton of money. thats why they would care.

Ukraine gives our government oligarchs and their families billions. which is why our ruling class cares.

also, i think the Obiden administration thinks a nice war over in eastern europe against a nostalgic American adversary will boost their approval ratings and distract from the disaster of the last 13 months. Maybe he'll send Kamala to Minsk to negotiate.

Geographically, strategically, that would be very difficult.

EU-US.jpg
The Germans and Japs managed to pull it off and this thing called technology has vastly improve since WWII. With these new fangled things called missiles you don't even have to leave home to fuck somebody's day up.

ETA: You do understand there are German U-Boats sunk off our coast right? Like as in swimming distance from American soil. There is one that used to stick out of the water in Willoughby Spit and another that got caught in the chain nets at NOB? If you stand on what used to be pier 12, renamed to pier 23 now I think, and point out at your 2:00, there is the remains of a German Sub down there.

The THREAT of NATO is what this is mostly about. Putin didn't want a NATO country that close to his border. I also think he wants the Baltic breakaway nations back under the homeland. All the 'stans, Georgia, Chechnya, etc... Russia has dealt with constant terrorism and loyalty issues since the break away. Letting NATO and US base troops and planes in their countries right next to the Russian border.
If putin wants them back as his homeland, his borders grow closer what is postulated he doesn't want.

Europe is weak. America is sleeping. He's been planning. It's resources he's after.

i heard a few days ago Ukraine and the state department were negotiating some sort of lend-lease for small arms like we did with Britain. havent heard much about it but this morning a guy in Kiev was talking about Zelensky saying he'll pass out guns to anyone who wants them to fight the russians.

its like history is repeating itself. and also why we should NEVER give up our guns. ever.

The Germans and Japs managed to pull it off and this thing called technology has vastly improve since WWII. With these new fangled things called missiles you don't even have to leave home to fuck somebody's day up.
Invasion?

They pulled off an invasion on us soil?

Did OBL pull off an invasion on 9/11?

I didn't say an attack, im talking invasion, as in your context, marching, conquering territory. Pressing forward.

well, we give people a shit-ton of money. thats why they would care.

Ukraine gives our government oligarchs and their families billions. which is why our ruling class cares.

also, i think the Obiden administration thinks a nice war over in eastern europe against a nostalgic American adversary will boost their approval ratings and distract from the disaster of the last 13 months. Maybe he'll send Kamala to Minsk to negotiate.
While I don't really give a fuck about wars not involving us, it does bother me that a very nice place and people are about to be bulldozed because some greedy fucker is trying to restore his homeland. And NATO did provide assurances to stop Russian aggression. That is the entire purpose of NATO actually. It wasn't to keep Spain from invading England, it was to stop Russian aggression and another WW.

Reactions: DMG
if this was pre-covid with Trump, you'd see very little. we would still be a net exporter of oil and wouldnt be buying russian crude oil every day.

i think Cali will hit 7 dollars a gallon. the rest of the country will be well over $4. and Obama and the green idiots are going to love every minute of it.
Every fill up of my diesel since I bought it in late '18. I haven't paid over $4 yet, but it's getting damn close. Plenty of truck stops here are in the $4.25+ range already.

1645714720982.png

Invasion?

I didn't say an attack, im talking invasion, as in your context, marching, conquering territory. Pressing forward.
Once again, you don't need to have boots on the ground to invade a country. OBL was very effective and low cost which caused more damage than any boots he could have put on the ground. Boots on the ground is for occupying and holding territory these days.

And, movie tickets from a Norfolk theater were found on 2 of the sunken U-boats, so in your mind, yes, German boots were on the ground.

Invasion?

I could have sworn Japanese "invasion" of Pearl Harbor in Hawaii would fall under the category of invasion of US territory.:homer:

Top Back Refresh