What's new

Russia / Ukraine thread

The only win for us right now is to stay out of it. Sanctions only. Biden helped make this bed, any of our soldiers getting killed over this debacle will be truly disgusting and blood on Biden's hands.
will Putin stop at the boarder of Ukraine? what if he moves on to a legit NATO country?

Danger is really pretty low. Accidental hit could easily disable the plant from producing power, but with the amount of redundancy and containment around the reactor itself you'd almost have to deliberately attack the plant to cause any widespread contamination hazard. Beyond that, the hazard is primarily to local Ukrainian territory and Russia, so both sides have a pretty strong motivation to be careful.

The risk to Europe is minimal. And the statement that this would be worse than Chernobyl and Fukishima put together is complete and pure BS.
Russian VVER Pressurized Water Reactors... many tons (80t?)of fuel each (15). We are all down wind. Accidental hit and then operators to deal with it would be my concern. Hands off redundancy is out the window when the system has holes in it.

I was an Reactor Operator and then nuke plant electrician at points in my carreer, now in Hydro.

Last edited:
Well, thank God we have the Potato in charge. yay.

Nevermind, I think we are good now. In a bipartisan move Congress has condemed the action taken by Russia. Thank goodness, maybe they wont have to write a letter after all.

Absolutely not, you must be a Trump loving flat earter neanderthal to even ask. This is a time of women with dicks winning gold medals in the olympics. We don't do "sternly" anymore.
My bad....forgot.

Trump had sanctioned the Nord Stream 2 company and guess who took them off? Biden did.

Killed keystone, helped Nordstreem. I get tired of hearing this bullshit that Trump did everything Putin said and "cozied" up to him. No he didnt. Its called diplomacy and gamesmanship. you have to work with everyone all the time so there is a strategy to not hollering in the news cycle calling someone a "bloodthirsty murderer and baby killer" then having to go to them and negotiate a peace treaty or trade pact. There is a time for that and then there isnt.

Honestly, Putin is doing this a pretty smart way. His build-up was fast and caught all the West unexpected. He knows Biden will not defend anything with troops and Biden even said he wont do shit yesterday, like a dumbass. Putin's controlling the messaging and like Trump said he is being very "savvy" about all this.

He took Crimea without firing a shot right under Obama's nose, now he's showing the world the is an actual force to be reckoned with and that no, his military isnt obsolete or ameatur and i think he's going to take Kyev with lightning speed, install a pro-Russion government and its going to piss off our government officials and their kids because their money laundering playground is going to be controlled by Putin now.

putin on the news saying that russias response will be immediate and severe if the rest of europe gets involved.

traffic jams leaving the citties.
full on shit show.

artillery and the like was directed at all the air defenses, Russia established air superiority immediately.

buT tRUmP SuPpoRteD PutIN whEn hE sAId It waS sAvvY!

Fuck those retards piss me off. Trump said the execution of this invasion was savvy. And it was, militarily speaking.:shaking:

Found this guy providing a (semi) decent situational update. Cliff notes:

-Russia is doing a proper invasion.
-Multiple fronts and an amphibious landing at Odessa.
-Russia is advancing through the Chernobyl exclusion zone (for those caring).
-Russian Troops invading from Crimea (he has a cool screenshot of a Ukranian Border camera of a Russian soldier just straight up bum rushing the guard post)
-Sounds like Ukraine is getting their asses beat.
-Only border left open to the west is Poland.
-Gives background on all the cyber attacks.

-Russia is going to try and preserve as much infrastructure as possible so they don't have to rebuild as much when they win this thing (so all the idiots complaining about reactors, I suspect those are the safest spots right now). Putin has said that Ukraine is a natural territory for Russia so he just sees this as a step to get Ukraine back into the fold with Russia.

Found this guy providing a (semi) decent situational update. Cliff notes:

-Russia is doing a proper invasion.
-Multiple fronts and an amphibious landing at Odessa.
-Russia is advancing through the Chernobyl exclusion zone (for those caring).
-Russian Troops invading from Crimea (he has a cool screenshot of a Ukranian Border camera of a Russian soldier just straight up bum rushing the guard post)
-Sounds like Ukraine is getting their asses beat.
-Only border left open to the west is Poland.
-Gives background on all the cyber attacks.

-Russia is going to try and preserve as much infrastructure as possible so they don't have to rebuild as much when they win this thing (so all the idiots complaining about reactors, I suspect those are the safest spots right now). Putin has said that Ukraine is a natural territory for Russia so he just sees this as a step to get Ukraine back into the fold with Russia.

If it's a natural territory, and that's the game, how long until he matches eastward towards the balkans? Reorganizes the eastern bloc?

And so far NATO has done dick as one would predict. I always thought NATO was worse than the UN and I believe Trump was correct by calling it a toothless money pit for the United States. Oh, Biden has summoned has summoned his council...he is just full of action planning more sanctions. Sanctions really worked keeping Russia from that border. If NATO was really a a legit organization, Russia would have had the fight of their lives trying to cross that border. Mark my words, Taiwan is next and their is no NATO supposedly protecting them, only the USA. The Bidens and Obama have been getting paid off to let China take Taiwan by force.

Hi. I'm stupid.

What effect are we going to see here? $6 a gallon for fuel I imagine?

Hi. I'm stupid.

Just wanting to quote this

What effect are we going to see here? $6 a gallon for fuel I imagine?
Have you noticed that if:

Snow storm
Dorecho
War
Election
Rain
Tuesday
Exports
Himalayan tsunami
Sea turtle dies
Pigs fly
Montanain hurricane

Happens, gas goes up?

I'd watch markets and lending before I watched gas/oil.

And while I am at it, The UN should be kicked out of the USA and take their show to some 3rd world clown country because that is exactly what they are. I have personally watched the UN stand by as civilians were hacked to death by machetes and couldn't be bothered to send a couple bullets to save some innocent folks on the wrong side of a culture war. Trump was correct in wanting to defund them and kick them out of the US.

Top Back Refresh