Members:
Threads:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Plow Hub

Rant thread

It’s such an odd gun, and to just have one.

Well, a lot of World War II vets were like that.
They didn’t necessarily like the tool that they had to use but they kept a tool around

It’s such an odd gun, and to just have one.

Well, a lot of World War II vets were like that.
They didn’t necessarily like the tool that they had to use but they kept a tool around

How could my father be a WWII vet if he is only 82 years of age? I'm 43 not 78.

Beside the M24 wasn't issued until 1988 and so the tool wasn't even in service in WWII , Korea or Vietnam-- the sniper rifle of that era was either the M1 Garand or M1903A3 in WWII and Korea (and some of Vietnam) before the US Army replaced it with the XM21 (M-14 variant) and that was replaced in most cases with the M24 in 1988 which is based on a long action M700 action capable of being re-barrelled to accept a 30-06 without changing the bolt. Or if you change the bolt you could rifle a .300win mag in it.

I bought my M24 because I upgraded from my customized Howa1500S that I used in .223rem Improved with a 30 inch barrel and 1:6.5 twist heavy Palma taper barrel with 90grain bullets out to ranges of 1000 yards. But I gave it to my Brother for his oldest son that wanted to learn how to shoot so I upgraded to the M24 platform that I liked.

Last edited:
They cold take a semester class in firearms training, they receive the same training that a cadet does at the law enforcement Academy
Or take the class at the community college that offers the course.

And that’s not very expensive.

Have you ever fired a gun? Own any?
I've probably shot more rnds down range than you can imagine. Everything from my old trusty 10-22 to .308win and more. That's why I know how much training it takes to hit targets repeatedly at ranges beyond 500 yards. I would need more practice but I've hit targets out to 1100-1300yards with a .308 and that is pushing its maximum range.

The gun in the picture looks like it’s on your mom‘s bed. What’s up with that?

They cold take a semester class in firearms training, they receive the same training that a cadet does at the law enforcement Academy

Nor is it very good. If you're not shooting 3 or 4 days a week you're going to be sloppy and by shooting I am talking about doing situational training not just paper targets.

As far as I’m concerned, if they pass a CC test, that’s good enough for me. I’ve seen a lot of LEA that can’t handle a firearm for shit. I trust about any civilian with a CC as much as I’d trust a cop. People who carry a weapon are usually pretty serious about it. A lot of LEA are in the job because they are power hungry narcissists. Not all, but a lot.

Nor is it very good. If you're not shooting 3 or 4 days a week you're going to be sloppy and by shooting I am talking about doing situational training not just paper targets.
Bs

Most defensive shooting occur 15 feet or less you don’t acquire your sites you point shoot.

Knowing that the teachers could be armed and it’s not a soft target being a gun free zone, the criminal will think twice.

As far as I’m concerned, if they pass a CC test, that’s good enough for me. I’ve seen a lot of LEA that can’t handle a firearm for shit. I trust about any civilian with a CC as much as I’d trust a cop. People who carry a weapon are usually pretty serious about it. A lot of LEA are in the job because they are power hungry narcissists. Not all, but a lot.
Again it's going to be about training. If you want to be good you have to train. That means time out of the week you'll be training?

I've probably shot more rnds down range than you can imagine. Everything from my old trusty 10-22 to .308win and more. That's why I know how much training it takes to hit targets repeatedly at ranges beyond 500 yards. I would need more practice but I've hit targets out to 1100-1300yards with a .308 and that is pushing its maximum range.

Well buster, we don’t do long range shooting with handguns.
It doesn’t take most people very long to be able to put 8 of 10 rounds in a body target at less than 30’. I did it without even practicing.

Bs

Most defensive shooting occur 15 feet or less you don’t acquire your sites you point shoot.

Knowing that the teachers could be armed and it’s not a soft target being a gun free zone, the criminal will think twice.

We're not talking about long range. I said situational training meaning live training where you're in a mock class room and you try survive an attack or move down a corridor clearing rooms. Not the training I did to shoot long range targets laying in the grass-- but very specialized training for CQB. That is not going to be something you can do once or twice a month and expect to be any good at it.

Again it's going to be about training. If you want to be good you have to train. That means time out of the week you'll be training?

You’re an idiot.
Like I said: if they can pass the state’s qualifications, that’s good enough.

Very few LEA are even good enough to qualify, and I bet only 1% could qualify at anything considered long range. We aren’t looking for snipers.

We're not talking about long range. I said situational training meaning live training where you're in a mock class room and you try survive an attack or move down a corridor clearing rooms. Not the training I did to shoot long range targets laying in the grass-- but very specialized training for CQB. That is not going to be something you can do once or twice a month and expect to be any good at it.

Unnecessary.

Well buster, we don’t do long range shooting with handguns.
It doesn’t take most people very long to be able to put 8 of 10 rounds in a body target at less than 30’. I did it without even practicing.

Actually, try shooting accurately when you're amped up on adrenaline and scared out of your mind. The training is about getting used to the stressors of combat.

. I think the teachers should at least be able to show that they can put 50 rounds on a silhouette at 10 feet.

You can find the pistol classes where you don’t even fire a weapon and in a hr or two they will sign off on your paperwork.
Or you can live in a state that has no requirements other than you’re over 21 and you can legally own a firearm.

But these teachers should learn a little bit about how to fire their weapon, how to safely carry it and gun retention.
A few hrs on the fats couldn’t hurt

Last edited:
Actually, try shooting accurately when you're amped up on adrenaline and scared out of your mind. The training is about getting used to the stressors of combat.
Do you think these school shooters have had much training? I think most not.

Connor I think the sky is blue.

Why do you think SWAT teams and SEAL teams train so much? It's because they have to know the target area cold if they going into an extraction mission. The same is true to for defending your classroom giving some body that is a causal shooter a gun and saying hey go defend a classroom or school is stupid.

I’m not worried about it. If someone is willing to have a firearm in order to attempt to stop an attack, I say let them have one. If they can pass a basic state qualification test, I’m good with that. Beats no one armed against defenseless children.

Do you think these school shooters have had much training? I think most not.

Some do have training. And more importantly they have the intent and will to prosecute their attacks something that you're going to have to do with training for the teachers. Remember a lot people are now playing very realistic videos, air-soft and other games like that which is a form of tactical training.

I’m not worried about it. If someone is willing to have a firearm in order to attempt to stop an attack, I say let them have one. If they can pass a basic state qualification test, I’m good with that. Beats no one armed against defenseless children.
you should be.

Why do you think SWAT teams and SEAL teams train so much? It's because they have to know the target area cold if they going into an extraction mission. The same is true to for defending your classroom giving some body that is a causal shooter a gun and saying hey go defend a classroom or school is stupid.

Giving you internet access is stupid too, but for some reason you have it.

We don’t need a member of Seal Team 6 to defend a classroom against a 13 year old with no training and dads gun. You’re way over complicating it.

Some do have training. And more importantly they have the intent and will to prosecute their attacks something that you're going to have to do with training for the teachers. Remember a lot people are now playing very realistic videos, air-soft and other games like that which is a form of tactical training.
Ahh thats what your talking about when you say 1300 yd shots. Got ya:flipoff2:

. I think the teachers should at least be able to show that they can put 50 rounds on a silhouette at 10 feet.

You can find the pistol classes where you don’t even fire a weapon and in a hr or two they will sign off on your paperwork.
Or you can live in a state that has no requirements other than you’re over 21 and you can legally own a firearm.

But these teachers should learn a little bit about how to fire their weapon, how to safely carry it and gun retention.
A few hrs on the fats couldn’t hurt

You are of course correct.

But I’m still ok if they don’t have much training too.

Ahh thats what your talking about when you say 1300 yd shots. Got ya:flipoff2:
No, I actually shoot paper or steel targets at 1300 yards. But you believe what you want.

I dont' play video games. I dont' like them. But I've watched how my nephew plays them and they are using many basic tactics in these videos when they play online and in air-soft.

Top Back Refresh