What's new

Random stuff you made.

Built and painted this for my sons 2nd birthday
A304932A-1C92-4107-877A-CCE1EE0464F7.jpeg
FA8721FD-C09E-4083-B5C5-4981A18A3C49.jpeg

Jumping on the Trailer hitch lock fad.
This one of mine has a removable hitch to switch to a pintle, or adjust height, etc. So it would be easy for someone to show up with a set of wrenches and swap on their own hitch and someone had said "just weld the bolts" and I don't want to be limited on adjustment because a friend uses this trailer sometimes and we move the hitch for his truck.

20240615_081734.jpg

20240615_113737.jpg

If you have half a brain and the right tools, yes it can still be defeated but it won't be fun, and its more than just a regular cut off wheel or sawzall to make it happen.
20240615_113757.jpg

Jumping on the Trailer hitch lock fad.
This one of mine has a removable hitch to switch to a pintle, or adjust height, etc. So it would be easy for someone to show up with a set of wrenches and swap on their own hitch and someone had said "just weld the bolts" and I don't want to be limited on adjustment because a friend uses this trailer sometimes and we move the hitch for his truck.

20240615_081734.jpg

20240615_113737.jpg

If you have half a brain and the right tools, yes it can still be defeated but it won't be fun, and its more than just a regular cut off wheel or sawzall to make it happen.
20240615_113757.jpg

A pintle hitch and a chain will steal your trailer in almost the same amount of time it takes you to hook up to it. Tweaker Tony's house of gas ax will remove the lock faster than Milwaukee goes brrt putting a new coupler on.

Edit: Or if you had 15 minutes just cut the frame where the pin goes through the hole and pull the lock off. My buddy whos a welder can fix it later.

Last edited:
A pintle hitch and a chain will steal your trailer in almost the same amount of time it takes you to hook up to it. Tweaker Tony's house of gas ax will remove the lock faster than Milwaukee goes brrt putting a new coupler on.

Edit: Or if you had 15 minutes just cut the frame where the pin goes through the hole and pull the lock off. My buddy whos a welder can fix it later.

Jumping on the Trailer hitch lock fad...

I made a mess today. Tomorrow I should have a trailer made to help clean it up. Just need to notch the horizontals bend the rails in, add a coupler.

If you hang 20lbs off a ranger t case yoke it balances perfectly lifting from the top bellhousing bolts

IMG_8049.jpeg

IMG_8050.jpeg

I need to make a toob the right size to fit into that base hanging off the t case so I have a portable vise.

I made a mess today. Tomorrow I should have a trailer made to help clean it up. Just need to notch the horizontals bend the rails in, add a coupler.

If you hang 20lbs off a ranger t case yoke it balances perfectly lifting from the top bellhousing bolts

IMG_8049.jpeg

IMG_8050.jpeg

I need to make a toob the right size to fit into that base hanging off the t case so I have a portable vise.
1000000158.jpg

I did that awhile back

I just welded together a few pieces of pipe to make a tri-stand looking thing that bolts to the bottom of the vise

Yeah but I have this cool heavy stand thing already. + Your way wouldn’t let me continue to tell myself I’m gonna get that done :homer:

Daughter is turning 13, recently got into "Skateboarding" with an El Cheapo Walmart special. She's also really into the TV series Supernatural. I thought I would get her a "real" skateboard for her birthday, but couldn't find any "Supernatural" themed ones, so I made one using a blank deck.

1718667120207.png

This is a work in progress, letting the glue set overnight before I mask it off to paint the trim black. Then it'll get a coat of clear epoxy which should keep it protected.

I didn't get the center piece as aligned as would have liked, hopefully the black trim will hide how much it is off.

Daughter is turning 13, recently got into "Skateboarding" with an El Cheapo Walmart special. She's also really into the TV series Supernatural. I thought I would get her a "real" skateboard for her birthday, but couldn't find any "Supernatural" themed ones, so I made one using a blank deck.

1718667120207.png

This is a work in progress, letting the glue set overnight before I mask it off to paint the trim black. Then it'll get a coat of clear epoxy which should keep it protected.

I didn't get the center piece as aligned as would have liked, hopefully the black trim will hide how much it is off.
Which side is she going to favor? Sam or Dean :flipoff2: jk looks good!

Which side is she going to favor? Sam or Dean :flipoff2: jk looks good!
Dean's her favorite of the two, but I think she prefers the car over either of them :laughing:

I'm rethinking using epoxy since the board is not flat I'm concerned the epoxy won't turn out the way I hope. I'm thinking of using "regular" spray can clear coat instead.

I tried some epoxy on a piece of scrap poster that I glued onto a piece of wood and it didn't come out so well. It pooled weird on the canvas poster. Thick in some places thin in others.

Or is there a trick to applying epoxy to non-level surfaces that I don't know about?

Dean's her favorite of the two, but I think she prefers the car over either of them :laughing:

I'm rethinking using epoxy since the board is not flat I'm concerned the epoxy won't turn out the way I hope. I'm thinking of using "regular" spray can clear coat instead.

I tried some epoxy on a piece of scrap poster that I glued onto a piece of wood and it didn't come out so well. It pooled weird on the canvas poster. Thick in some places thin in others.

Or is there a trick to applying epoxy to non-level surfaces that I don't know about?
It's not gonna hold up anyway. Just use clear.

Vacuum bag it?

All of this shit was piled in my socket drawer. Tons of 1/4" and 3/8" drive ratchets, extensions, nut drivers, speed handles, etc....

IMG_6076.jpeg
I was tired of the chaos, so I made some trays out of scrap aluminum sheet I had around.

IMG_6077.jpeg
IMG_6078.jpeg

Cleaned it up a bit.
IMG_6083.jpeg

Did the same for my picks and magnets.
IMG_6082.jpeg

I'd like to make a few more for some other stuff, but I think I'll have my kids do it. They need an arts and crafts project.

Might actually belong in stupid at work thread...

Spent a day and a half blinging this grill we inherited. I cut the sign for it earlier this year but after the first cook we realized it was a really shitty grill.

Cut the front out and welded that to the door. Built a new grill surface.
Installed way too complicated charcoal rack.

This is what $210 an hour gets you :lmao:
1000013682.jpg

1000013683.jpg

1000013684.jpg

Might actually belong in stupid at work thread...

Spent a day and a half blinging this grill we inherited. I cut the sign for it earlier this year but after the first cook we realized it was a really shitty grill.

Cut the front out and welded that to the door. Built a new grill surface.
Installed way too complicated charcoal rack.

This is what $210 an hour gets you :lmao:
1000013682.jpg

1000013683.jpg

1000013684.jpg

What does that chain move back and forth?

Top Back Refresh