What's new

Random stuff you made.

What does that chain move back and forth?

In this pic you can see the 3/16 cable, we'll see how long it lasts. Might have to find some little linked chain. That cable is about twice as big as what it needs to be. If the eyes has swivels it would work a lot better, the cable gets a lot of twist in wrapping at that angle. I need to see about half twisting but when you pull it off the stud it tries to unravel at high speed.

1000013683.jpg

or ditch the chain all together and wrap both cables around the one drum
leave the rear rod in there to act as a pulley to get the cable to the back of the rack
I thought about something like that but I figured if something like that goes wrong in the middle of a cook you got problems...
This may have problems too I don't know.

I've used 1/4 ton lever hoist chain on stuff, like replacing the winch rope on truck snowplow winches. The stuff lasts 100 times longer than metal or syn winch rope or that boat winch nylon webbing.

It's nice, small, strong chain.

I've used 1/4 ton lever hoist chain on stuff, like replacing the winch rope on truck snowplow winches. The stuff lasts 100 times longer than metal or syn winch rope or that boat winch nylon webbing.

It's nice, small, strong chain.
That's what I had in mind, those little hours getted trash all the time in this line of work, ill keep an eye out for one to harvest some chain.

Sprinkler controller died a few years ago, I could get it to run a manual cycle until I couldn't. Since I only have one zone I didn't see a need to buy another controller.
I used one of my smart wall switches I keep around and made a quick bezel. Gutted the box and wired the 24v ac transformer to the output of the smart switch. Now I can just get Alexa to run the sprinkler or I can just open the cover and press the button, each press starts a 15 minute (adjustable) timer.
I forgot to get installed pic but just imagine a bunch of wires and wago lever nuts.

1000013794.jpg

1000013795.jpg

1000013796.jpg

Top Back Refresh