What's new

Race truck 4653

I got the frame boxed in, re-drilled the steering box holes and painted up.
1718682215857.jpeg

The NorCal Rock Race was awesome. We got the pit setup and took the truck out for practice. During the second lap of practice the steering shaft that goes from the steering column to the steering quickener broke at the weld. We got the forklift of shame back to the pit and started working on the repair. I flux core welded the shaft back together, sleeved the shaft with a cut socket and welded that all together.

We didn't have any issues during qualifying. We put some gas in it and got ready for prelims.

During prelims I rolled the truck onto the roof. Recovery got me flipped back over. I tried to start it and had low oil pressure so I had them tow me back to the pits. Me and Arickvan got the truck straightened out, toped off the fluids and ready for the Main.

Lined up for the Main 3, 2, 1 go! No issues with the truck during the race, the engine stayed at around 200 degrees all 8n laps. I was slowing down before the rocks and jamming the rear t-case into low, once I was coming out of the rocks I would jam it back into 4HI. It cost me some time but I was able to keep the T-case inputs alive all weekend. We got the checkered flag, headed back to the pits and started getting ready for my son's race.

I am also really glad that JR4X is alright after that crazy crash! I was super pumped to see him lined up for prelims.

1719886288770.jpeg

1719886307628.jpeg

1719886321883.jpeg

1719886351794.jpeg

1719886395219.jpeg

1719886420256.jpeg

1719886439071.jpeg

1719886467126.jpeg

1719886504319.jpeg

It’s funny, they police those kid cars 1000 times more stringently than they do any other class.

They do the same thing with the kids short course cars where I race because the parents are some cheating mo-fos and want little Johnny to run up front even though the kid isn't talented enough to do so. One big motor later and now no talent Johnny is lapping the field.

Watching parents flip out and argue the rules when they get caught is priceless. :lmao:

JT doesn't put up with the kids class cheating and has no problem calling them out. :smokin:

They do the same thing with the kids short course cars where I race because the parents are some cheating mo-fos and want little Johnny to run up front even though the kid isn't talented enough to do so. One big motor later and now no talent Johnny is lapping the field.

Watching parents flip out and argue the rules when they get caught is priceless. :lmao:

JT doesn't put up with the kids class cheating and has no problem calling them out. :smokin:
They disassembled an engine over a red card dispute when we were in Kentucky. Now they weigh every car twice. They weighed them before and after the race this last weekend.

JT didn’t want the youth thing to even begin. Not because he was concerned with the kids. He knew the problems were going to be from “adults”. And he was right. It just took a bit for his prediction to come true.

This is correct :lmao:

Top Back Refresh