What's new

Race truck 4653

Toyota life man, I've had the same problem with the frame cracking there and I have seen others. Bummer that it ruined your race.

It was 110v flux core LOL
1718145207489.jpeg

Needs plating on top and bottom, not just the side.

Captain hindsight over here, lol.
Same thing happened to my buddy's 2nd Gen runner a number of years back. We added plates to the inside and outside about 30" long from the front SAS crossmember rearwards. Hasn't broken again, but he doesn't race either.

Captain hindsight over here, lol.
Same thing happened to my buddy's 2nd Gen runner a number of years back. We added plates to the inside and outside about 30" long from the front SAS crossmember rearwards. Hasn't broken again, but he doesn't race either.

It's an old school thought that fishplates only need to be on the verticals. When in reality, the top and bottom is just as, or more important.

Think about an I beam, it gets most of its strength from the size and thickness of the top, bottom and the distance between them.

can you zoom out? is there support from the cab to the shock mount?

edit: and from shock mount to front of vehicle?

Last edited:
be ready for some hot weather and a short course

there's a grocery store, gas station, starbucks and some food options about 5-10mins away

couple auto parts stores down the road from that if things get interesting :laughing:

How did the cases work out?

We actually ran this race with the original t-case setup. I am still waiting on the coupler from Advanced Adapters for the new setup. No issues with the cases this race, we banged around the course in 4Hi and put it in 4.7 Low for the rocks.
1718477575620.jpeg

The shock mount is welded to the frame only.
1718423323968.png

in my opinion, if you can tie the top of the shocks back to the cage a-pilar, drop a bar down from that bar to the frame on the engine side of the firewall , and then run that tube around to protect the rad as well as drop a few bars in front of the shock hoop it'd help distribute that load around.

Here are my main take aways from following / reading your thread over the years.

1. You are having fun
2. You continue to move forward no matter how bad the damage/carnage is and you don't bitch about it
3. You don't quit but pivot as needed in order to keep forward momentum
4. You are having fun
5. You continue to learn and increase your skill sets as you gain more experience both in the drivers seat and in the shop
6. You are seriously putting a dent in the supply of unmolested 2nd Generation body panels available to the general public :flipoff2:
7. You are having fun

Keep getting after it .

We actually ran this race with the original t-case setup. I am still waiting on the coupler from Advanced Adapters for the new setup. No issues with the cases this race, we banged around the course in 4Hi and put it in 4.7 Low for the rocks.
1718477575620.jpeg
Have any shirts or sweatshirts left? If so want to bring them to Prairie City? I’m down for the cause and need some new shirts.

in my opinion, if you can tie the top of the shocks back to the cage a-pilar, drop a bar down from that bar to the frame on the engine side of the firewall , and then run that tube around to protect the rad as well as drop a few bars in front of the shock hoop it'd help distribute that load around.

Those are some good suggestions. The problem is the weight. We try to keep the front end as light as possible to keep it from nose diving.

Last edited:
Here are my main take aways from following / reading your thread over the years.

1. You are having fun
2. You continue to move forward no matter how bad the damage/carnage is and you don't bitch about it
3. You don't quit but pivot as needed in order to keep forward momentum
4. You are having fun
5. You continue to learn and increase your skill sets as you gain more experience both in the drivers seat and in the shop
6. You are seriously putting a dent in the supply of unmolested 2nd Generation body panels available to the general public :flipoff2:
7. You are having fun

Keep getting after it .
Yea man, having a great time! :flipoff2:

I have also met some awesome people from Irate in real life through this thread.

Top Back Refresh