What's new

Race truck 4653

Yep, I am going to keep the Toyota insanity going. I don't want to invest the time and money into redesigning the drivetrain at this point. Right now I have 3 dual case adapters and enough RF1A parts to build a spare and a backup set of duals. The one that goes in the truck next will consist of 2 stock cases. In the past I have raced short distances from obstacle to obstacle in single low with no issues so that might be an option for longer distances also. I am going to do some local testing and try some different stuff.

The last time it broke wasn’t it just a shaft? Like a 21 spline input shaft?

The last time it broke wasn’t it just a shaft? Like a 21 spline input shaft?

Correct. I have upgraded the rear case input to 23 spline but the transmission I run will only allow for a 21 spline front input.

Input broken at Crandon race.
uF_yg8hMvgSpNdR-9-tOb=w855-h641-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

Yep, I am going to keep the Toyota insanity going. I don't want to invest the time and money into redesigning the drivetrain at this point. Right now I have 3 dual case adapters and enough RF1A parts to build a spare and a backup set of duals. The one that goes in the truck next will consist of 2 stock cases. In the past I have raced short distances from obstacle to obstacle in single low with no issues so that might be an option for longer distances also. I am going to do some local testing and try some different stuff.
j0Ob10qTjja1A11mxuymO=w962-h641-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

I've ran crawl box only before also without issues. Just always heard it was a good way to break a rear input.

Nice thing about dual stocks is you just run the rear in low, then add the front when needed. No messing around with just 2.28, just 4.7, ect.

I think it will work well for you.

Wish I had an attractive solution. Is there a 4340 option from like Marlin?

Yep, competition series input shaft. I am going to try one out.
Total-Spline-Input-Competition-Series.jpg

Total-Spline™ Technology

Heat Treated Chromoly Steel

Full-length Spline Engagement

Addresses one of the weakest parts of your t/case

Minimizes Dual Case Coupler wear, combats strip-outs

Whoa! Cool looking case.

Do you run with one in low all the time?

Thanks, I run 4Hi both cases most races, single low for rock trails/ hill climbs and double low for technical slow stuff. I might try racing with the rear case in low and see how it feels.

I reset the MAF to the stock settings and I am now going to make fuel adjustments with LCE's air/ fuel module mixer meter.
1716149077295.jpeg

Thanks, I run 4Hi both cases most races, single low for rock trails/ hill climbs and double low for technical slow stuff. I might try racing with the rear case in low and see how it feels.

I reset the MAF to the stock settings and I am now going to make fuel adjustments with LCE's air/ fuel module mixer meter.
1716149077295.jpeg

Is that a piggy back for the stock ecu?

Is that a piggy back for the stock ecu?

Yes, you splice into the Coolant Temperature Sensor (THW) wire near the ECU plug. It's still a form of tricking the ECU.

From LCE- The Pro Air Fuel Tuning Module operates by allowing the computer to think that the engine is cold and then broadens the pulse width of the four injectors.

Photo from back in April at the Kentucky Race.
1716168666043.jpeg

The Indiana race weekend started off with pit setup and pre-running. The course was awesome! This was my favorite regional race so far, the mix of rocks, woods and dunes made for some great racing. During our pre qualifying check/ inspection we noticed the front of the frame was cracked at the steering box. I went to notify Ultra4 I was going to miss qualifying due to a mechanical and my co-driver went and found us a welder to use. We welded the frame cracks up and started getting ready for the main race.

We started the main with 6 cars lined up. 3, 2, 1, Go! We got the holeshot off the start and the race was on. About half way into lap 1 we caught up to and passed another 4600 car in the dunes and made our way to the quarry. No issues in the rocks, I had to climb the big rock wall with a 4800 car rolled over at the bottom and then back through the start finish headed into lap 2.

Not to far into lap 2 the steering started feeling like it was binging up on or maybe we had a front left flat tire. We pulled over, got out and saw that the frame was cracked all the way through where it was previously cracked. We made a decision to call it and walk to the spectator area and watch the remainder of the race.

This was another great race with great people. The course was awesome and I hope its on the 2025 race schedule.

1718128087862.jpeg

1718127859889.jpeg

1718127896667.jpeg

1718127986498.jpeg

1718128009089.jpeg

1718128034839.jpeg

Top Back Refresh