What's new

Post a picture of where you are right now.

Little car hit 100k on the way out to camping and wheeling (well, riding along) in PA 🏎️

PXL_20240614_002942216.MP~2.jpg

IMG_20240614_145842.jpg

:laughing: The speed bumps by the pools/water slides are crazy bad.
We stopped going there. The woman running the place was a crazy lady and the showers were in a run down single wide.

Dirty pirate hooker was what we named her.

That was in 2007 though. Hopefully it's changed.

We stopped going there. The woman running the place was a crazy lady and the showers were in a run down single wide.

Dirty pirate hooker was what we named her.

That was in 2007 though. Hopefully it's changed.
I think that one is (was?) Echo Valley.....shitty single-wide 'bath-house' towards the back of the place, with the nutty lady riding around in a golf-cart. Damned showers in the 'bath-house' would end up with ankle-deep (or deeper water in the tub by the time you were done in there. Stayed there several times, as well, about the same timeframe (2007-ish). One exit south of Rausch Creek.

Then we stayed at Lickdale Campground (now a KOA it looks like?).

Finally ended up at Twin Grove. It was the nice one. Good cabins and camping sites, on-site restaurant, good pavilions for the large group.

I think that one is (was?) Echo Valley.....shitty single-wide 'bath-house' towards the back of the place, with the nutty lady riding around in a golf-cart. Damned showers in the 'bath-house' would end up with ankle-deep (or deeper water in the tub by the time you were done in there. Stayed there several times, as well, about the same timeframe (2007-ish). One exit south of Rausch Creek.

Finally ended up at Twin Grove. It was the nice one. Good cabins and camping sites, on-site restaurant, good pavilions for the large group.

Our group used to stay at Twin Grove when we went to RC. Super nice place and the staff was always very accommodating. There has been more than one rig from our group over the years torn apart under the pavilion and fixed overnight so we could wheel the next day. :smokin:

Yes you're right. Screw that place.

Our group used to stay at Twin Grove when we went to RC. Super nice place and the staff was always very accommodating. There has been more than one rig from our group over the years torn apart under the pavilion and fixed overnight so we could wheel the next day. :smokin:
Yeah....the Twin Grove folks were always super accommodating and friendly. More than one rig worked on on their grounds, for sure.

We’ve been smelling what smelt like cigarette smoke randomly at our house over the last few days. This is weird since neither my wife or I smoke. There are no neighbors nearby.

Today my wife called me when she left and said there’s smoke coming from the burn pile.

I burnt this pile on April 11, and have had several major rain storms since. Pretty sketchy this time of the year to have hot piles.

The picture is steam, not smoke. And I’m surprised how much pressure I still had with 450’ of mostly 5/8” hose.
IMG_0843.jpeg

We’ve been smelling what smelt like cigarette smoke randomly at our house over the last few days. This is weird since neither my wife or I smoke. There are no neighbors nearby.

Today my wife called me when she left and said there’s smoke coming from the burn pile.

I burnt this pile on April 11, and have had several major rain storms since. Pretty sketchy this time of the year to have hot piles.

The picture is steam, not smoke. And I’m surprised how much pressure I still had with 450’ of mostly 5/8” hose.
IMG_0843.jpeg
Good catch.

Nice! Headed up to Rausch Creek? I used to come up and stay there and wheel at Rausch and, at times, Paragon every summer.

Yep...annual NAXJA NacFest run. Only a few folks even still have XJs and the forum is pretty dead, but there's still about 30-40 of us that get together twice a year regardless of what banner it falls under. I've been a part of it since the early 00's and Paragon days, and have only missed a handful of events since.

You have to air down to make it up to the cabin?

Apparently when these things sit with the battery dead/disconnected for a long time, something goes wonky with the wireless module (both keyless entry and TPMS) and it needs to be reflashed at the dealer. Ain't got time for that shit.

Yep...annual NAXJA NacFest run. Only a few folks even still have XJs and the forum is pretty dead, but there's still about 30-40 of us that get together twice a year regardless of what banner it falls under. I've been a part of it since the early 00's and Paragon days, and have only missed a handful of events since.
Yep....mine was the Xterra gathering in July for many years (about 15 or so). I remember going to Rausch when you still had to go in the back way (down around the bend on the main road from the parking area now).

Top Back Refresh