What's new

Pics of me towing stuff

Practicing for my CDL test in this thing. Figured out it's an 18 speed yesterday, so that helped with shifting. :laughing:
20220402_183715.jpg
Looks to be a 90’s model? That long ass air cleaner looks funny on a t-8hunsky……

RPS1030 how’d the new setup do overall? What mileage did you get on the trip? Who did you help pit for?
Truck needs TLC soon. Cruised at 75 as much as possible. Didn’t rush any of the bigger hills up or down. Hand calc 9.8 there, 9.7 and 8.8 for the 2 fuel stops coming home this morning.

No issues out of the trailer other than not learning enough before. Aka figuring out the water system after it spent the winter dry and completely spacing on fueling the generator. Chilly Friday night, heater easily took the chill off; warmer Sat night so shed layers. Comfy and useful all around for sleeping.

Friends in a Stock Turbo UTV as a first year Newbie. Flats and Radiator leak in prerunning. Flopped in Qualifying. Found the frame broken Fri night and got it back together. Flat early in the race, then pirouette roll that ended up taking out the entire right front corner. Got it off course at dusk after the 4400 race.

Truck needs TLC soon. Cruised at 75 as much as possible. Didn’t rush any of the bigger hills up or down. Hand calc 9.8 there, 9.7 and 8.8 for the 2 fuel stops coming home this morning.

No issues out of the trailer other than not learning enough before. Aka figuring out the water system after it spent the winter dry and completely spacing on fueling the generator. Chilly Friday night, heater easily took the chill off; warmer Sat night so shed layers. Comfy and useful all around for sleeping.

Friends in a Stock Turbo UTV as a first year Newbie. Flats and Radiator leak in prerunning. Flopped in Qualifying. Found the frame broken Fri night and got it back together. Flat early in the race, then pirouette roll that ended up taking out the entire right front corner. Got it off course at dusk after the 4400 race.
Good deal on all things you learned during the weekend with the new setup.

The trailer side of things is a learning experience for sure. Seems like I learn something new with every trip out despite spending 30 nights in the same exact trailer with living quarters

Da grey button gave it away?
Who bent the bumper?
Remember aim for the bus:flipoff2:

Have fun, memorize the pretrip and take notice of over crossing height tags you drive under!
is the truck pre-trip anything like the bus pre-trip? It was basically point at everything, give it's name, say that you looked for "unusual wear" and move on.

Purty much , add air brake s cams and adjustment (yea EACH one) I think air is now part of bus?
The pretrip was like 80% of the score (iirc) stupid but prk...
That and I floated gears and double clutched the 2 speed for grins, (and passed) seems the trend of autosticks will make that an obsolete art soon:eek:

Last edited:
I think I know the guy who was feeding that, was it at the old Co gen plant kinda behind Walmart?

Well, somewhere around there, screening dirt out of wood chips?
It was behind Walmart, but wasn’t wood chips, we were screening mining tailings into base rock, our company is building a log deck. I fed it a few days here and there in between hauls.

It was behind Walmart, but wasn’t wood chips, we were screening mining tailings into base rock, our company is building a log deck. I fed it a few days here and there in between hauls.

Gotcha, I thought maybe it was just a rental you hauled. I think my buddy was feeding a screen somewhere in that area.

Is your company involved with the fire clean up also?

Gotcha, I thought maybe it was just a rental you hauled. I think my buddy was feeding a screen somewhere in that area.

Is your company involved with the fire clean up also?
It was a rental, no our company isn’t involved in the fire cleanup. But the lot were tiring into a log deck, was used to sort metal from the fires.

A0E73EA3-5190-4756-AE74-35D0C252BD24.jpeg
Rainy haul, a couple concrete fuel tanks from Ukiah to Yuba City. Wondered why they said 18k each, well they’re freaking concrete lol…. Excuse my mixing of straps and chains. I don’t haul things like this often, I carry short rigging mostly for equipment. But made due…..

That reminds me of the thread over there...
"How to haul your stuff"
We need to build that one again.

[AACH]Rainy haul, a couple concrete fuel tanks from Ukiah to Yuba City. Wondered why they said 18k each, well they’re freaking concrete lol….
wierd!
wonder why they'd do precast concrete rather than steel. Wonder if there's a bladder liner in there.

Yeah, I’m guessing for insulation? Or cheaper than double wall? Oh well that’s out of my spectrum. Getting off loaded by a crane tomorrow morning….
Per: https://oldcastleinfrastructure.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Convault-Brochure-v91913.pdf
Its a steel tank with a corrosion resistant coating on it wrapped in a EPDM liner and then encased in concrete.
They claim less vaporization because of the insulation, better fire resistance (supposedly holds up to being in a pool of burning fuel oil for 2 hours without lighting off the fuel inside) and less maintenance as its primary and secondary containment in one.

Aaron Z

Top Back Refresh