What's new

Pics of me towing stuff

Got my license this morning and did my first solo run after work. Hauling some shit :laughing:

20220426_174022.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, you’re a shit sucker? :flipoff2::laughing:

No :flipoff2:

It was empty :laughing: They use the trailer as a holding tank at the next town over for their pota potty trucks, then have the straight pumper truck empty it out every now and then. More efficient than having the potty guys driving all over.

I saw the dispatch sitting there and offered to bring it down after work on my time for some more practice. They helped me out a lot withy license so I figured it's the least I could do. Day to day, I'm the equipment operator. I have an F550 with a ~14k excavator on a trailer that I pull everywhere. It's 38k lbs gcvw so obviously class A range.

Also found out the hard way that the switch just labeled HIGH and LOW right next to the air bag dump switch was NOT related to the suspension, but some type of 2 speed rear axle or aux trans :homer: :homer: :homer: I wish someone would have told me something about the truck at some point :laughing:

I guess 18 speeds wasn't enough for someone. :laughing:

Purely out of curiosity, what’s your fuel mileage like with these equipment loads?
Because you asked, I calculated it, never have before because it doesn’t matter. So 2 runs back and fourth, empty and back loaded twice mixed. It’s a very windy steep, nasty road. The drill rig, and 980. 501 miles, 118 gallons 4.23mpg.

Because you asked, I calculated it, never have before because it doesn’t matter. So 2 runs back and fourth, empty and back loaded twice mixed. It’s a very windy steep, nasty road. The drill rig, and 980. 501 miles, 118 gallons 4.23mpg.
Appreciate the info and pretty good all things considered. Figured in your line of work mileage, didn’t matter much since it’s a moot point/necessary evil. Then factor in roads, less than aerodynamic equipment shapes, and equipment weight too.

I would have guessed worse.

My F550 at 38k lbs only get 5.5-6mpg on the dash. If it was my money I would have gotten a class 6 truck, it's already a cdl and shit mpg's why not?

The only thing the F550 has is easily available 4wd. But with the heavy trailer, it doesn't do much really.

How long does it take to change out all the tires on that trailer? I bet that is a bitch with those inside duals. lol

How long does it take to change out all the tires on that trailer? I bet that is a bitch with those inside duals. lol
I’ve slowly changed all but 2 of them in the last year or so. They don’t wear evenly or good at all. The trailer spreads in the rear, so getting the inner tires off isn’t as bad as it seems.

E3443F3A-B731-474A-BA5E-A4E4A23ACBDA.jpeg
E5FD17F9-874F-45F2-B7D5-328E20A03C94.jpeg
4B1003E4-C823-40AA-A8A2-3CB5496BEF3F.jpeg
D6294C75-308F-4CD5-B984-5BDB70BC0CA3.jpeg
Dropped off the Hitachi in Oroville, and got the 325, got to Williams, got a pilot car coming in the am. Going over 20 to 101 up to Scotia. Oh and a few tie-down pics for those interested in how we secure excavators in Cali…..

I'll have to ride the coast more. Any good eats there?

ADCC0228-4AE0-4696-9215-DB424270AFA8.jpeg
372CE5B0-F6F0-48C8-A1ED-930B2880AE2F.jpeg
Hauled our 980 from Fort Bragg to Scotia today…
What do you guys call those lowboys? I have never seen one like that irl. Our 50-60 ton trailers just have 4 standard axles on them.

980f best loader ever built :flipoff2:

What do you guys call those lowboys? I have never seen one like that irl. Our 50-60 ton trailers just have 4 standard axles on them.

We just call them 8-10 expandos I guess, it’s what everyone runs here in CA for permit loads. At the end of each walking beam is a joint, that allows the tires to rotate. You can take them through some pretty nasty stuff as long as you don’t high center.

weird as in they answer your question but also dont answer it :laughing::flipoff2:

you could have at least gave him the name of one or two places :flipoff2:
The journey is the destination...
You don't get the full emerald triangle vibe just following the nav.:smokin:

95% of CA trailers are 2 axle, I honestly don't know why they run them in the 16 tire configuration vs 4 standard axles. I guess it would make it easier to have them expand for wider loads, but they make similar trailers that don't expand.

I still laugh when I see a dump truck with 3 tag axles and a strong arm or whatever on the back. Not use to seeing that type of stuff at all. 90% of CA trucks are just 18 wheelers.

C5F1B9C9-8293-46B9-9542-90EA248266CB.jpeg
Hauled the haul truck from Fort Bragg to Scotia today, only when getting back, found out it needs to go to Sacramento :homer:. Oh well, off to Sacramento I go tomorrow:flipoff2:

95% of CA trailers are 2 axle, I honestly don't know why they run them in the 16 tire configuration vs 4 standard axles. I guess it would make it easier to have them expand for wider loads, but they make similar trailers that don't expand.

I still laugh when I see a dump truck with 3 tag axles and a strong arm or whatever on the back. Not use to seeing that type of stuff at all. 90% of CA trucks are just 18 wheelers.
We have weird trucks & trailers in TX too. Seeing dump trucks with nothing but tires from front to back looks fucked. Even more fucked is seeing one of those pulling a trailer with a 20ft neck and an identical dump body with only 2 axles under it. If that's OK then why the fuck does the truck need 20 tires but 8 is ok on the trailer?

:confused:

Top Back Refresh