Thick skull
Member Number
Loc
Bonners Ferry, ID
Guess this never got remade here.....

25' of shit on a 20' deck. :laughing:
IMG_20210523_181309.jpg

IMG_20210523_181326.jpg

Haven't had it down the road yet, but it looks like it should work well. Now I gotta see what I can pack rat in all the gaps. :laughing:

Nice looking OBS Ford..
Thanks, it just got out of the body shop after it rolled into a tree at 2 mph :homer:

So I had them fix a few other things a dent in the pass rear door down where the dark blue was and repaint the peeling roof. They did a really good job blending new pain with 25 year old faded paint.

You did remove any California plates before crossing the border right ?

You did remove any California plates before crossing the border right ?
No, no body cares up there, all that shit is down in the city. It's also just Californians that moved 5 years ago harassing Californians that just moved :homer: maybe if I drove a hybrid or crossover suv I might get shit.....

Cool, glad to hear getting hassled from locals can be light or extreme depending on the stupidity of the locals.

Pics of the new digs would be cool if you are a mind to share those sights and or local area.

the way you have them chained down will allow them to come loose if you flip over :flipoff2:

the way you have them chained down will allow them to come loose if you flip over :flipoff2:
Well, good thing I didn't. Made it in yesterday. 850 miles and they never budged, never even had to add clicks.
Yes this thread smells of a brag thread to me.

OP, nice OBS! Would love to have that.
I guess. Isn't every Pic posted on here a bit of a brag? :flipoff2:

There was a thread with the same name on the old place that was never remade, so here were are. I could have been a pos and put it in the bdl thread :flipoff2:
Inb4 your tires get slashed.
I'm 27 miles from Canada, there's 1 stop light with in about that same radius. Those people aren't up here.

Funny, that's the exact trailer I used. Apparently driving over a curb at 0.4 mph will crack 2 wheels. Which is the 2nd and 3rd wheel of 4 in less than a year. :homer:

axles are getting replaced with a pair of 7k 8 lug and 17.5s, will rebuild the drive over fenders to fit them

mine is an 18' is that one too?

Trailer is a 20'

I'm putting 14 plys on my dump trailer, and he is going to buy 6 lug 16" and take the 10 plys. Should be a perfect set up for both.

17.5s are really cool, but why put 24k worth of tire capacity on a trailer that can barely handle 10k?

17.5s are really cool, but why put 24k worth of tire capacity on a trailer that can barely handle 10k?
sidewall strength for rocky dirt roads, they last a lot longer, and get a lot less flat tires

trailer sees 12k and lots of bottoming out due to rough dirt roads which is probably why the axle tube broke at the u bolt :laughing:

How are those Treps holding up?
How those trailer rims holding up? I've had a set in my eBay cart for like a year just waiting for me to 8-lug swap my Ranger.

The treps are fine. I don't particularly love them. I'll be replacing them with something else when the time comes. But they're a quality product. They just act like a bogger with very little lateral traction when side-hilling.

The trailer wheels are fantastic. Funny thing is, if you go back to the original Alcoa wheels used on the OBS, that is a trailer wheel.

The treps are fine. I don't particularly love them. I'll be replacing them with something else when the time comes. But they're a quality product. They just act like a bogger with very little lateral traction when side-hilling.

The trailer wheels are fantastic. Funny thing is, if you go back to the original Alcoa wheels used on the OBS, that is a trailer wheel.
How about those trailer axles you built from sterlings? Was that here, or pirate?

Top Back Refresh