What's new

Patey's Scrappy

Damn that wheel and brake setup is pretty slick, talk about feature creep :laughing:

That's what he does. :laughing:

Did he buy Turbulence back? I thought he sold it when it was red, but there was a shot at the end of that video where it was orange.

It seemed like this video was rushed a bit. Still good and he still has 200% more energy than I do. Functioning Crack head maybe? :laughing:

It seemed like this video was rushed a bit. Still good and he still has 200% more energy than I do. Functioning Crack head maybe? :laughing:

From what I have read he has always been one of thise people who only need a few hours of sleep a night

I don't come into this thread b/c I don't like the name. patey's scrappy. doesn't sound good. i don't like it

I don't come into this thread b/c I don't like the name. patey's scrappy. doesn't sound good. i don't like it

Then Why did you feel the need to post here Skippy. Go check the build out and maybe you'll understand the name.
Maybe he should have named it Skippy? :lmao:

I know a minimal amount about aero stuff. But those slats are freaking massive. I'm kinda assuming 2 per side?.

I know a minimal amount about aero stuff. But those slats are freaking massive. I'm kinda assuming 2 per side?.
Slats are aerodynamic surfaces on the leading edge of the wings of fixed-wing aircraft which, when deployed, allow the wing to operate at a higher angle of attack. A higher coefficient of lift is produced as a result of angle of attack and speed, so by deploying slats an aircraft can fly at slower speeds, or take off and land in shorter distances. They are usually used while landing or performing maneuvers which take the aircraft close to a stall, but are usually retracted in normal flight to minimize drag. They decrease stall speed.

Slats are one of several high-lift devices used on airliners, such as flap systems running along the trailing edge of the wing.

Thanks. I should have phrased that differently. I've seen enough slats in use to basically understand what they do. And I have never seen any of them with a chord length this long. These things have a massive amount of surface area per foot of length, but they're short enough I'm kinda assuming 2 per wing. Maybe the massive size will allow him to get by with one per wing, though. Proper wings stall from the fuselage outward, so you might be able to just throw these on the base of the wing, and never have to worry about the outer part of the wing stalling?

Top Back Refresh