What's new

Patey's Scrappy

You also have to keep in mind that these engines were designed in the 50's/60's if not even before that. They were designed to be ultra reliable and the FAA has a super lock down on making any changes. All of the internal parts are way over kill for the power they make by modern standards. If they were designed today, the power per cubic inch would be higher.

look up the history of franklin cars, and then the eventual evolution of that air cooled motor technology into helicopter, and then eventually it turned into the cotinental aircraft engine company.
still using engine building technology from the 20's.

Who was the dude that died in bush plane a couple years back?

I think he was flying a newer-design bush plane.

Plane was red/had yuge balloon tires/thick-ass wings.

I've said it before and I will say it again, I would like to sit down and drink some beer with that guy. I love his approach and how he attacks things. I bet he has some awesome stories to tell.

I've said it before and I will say it again, I would like to sit down and drink some beer with that guy. I love his approach and how he attacks things. I bet he has some awesome stories to tell.

Pretty sure he's mormon. He'd probably be happy to share a rootbeer with you.

Are you thinking of when Mike crashed his last Wilga? (Draco) Description sounds all correct, other than the fact that he didn't die.

met him at reno in 2019.
super cool guy.
his wife is nice too.

Was Kevin Carroll's (of Red Dot Engineering/Buggies in Moab) Red/White?

I respect Mike! Dude is brilliant. I cannot stand Bruce Jenner. I do not let one influence how I feel about the other.

While Bruce is not my cup of tea, it was a decent episode. To each their own.

Good on mike for including all interested in his passion.

I am telling you right now... if someone came up to something I was working on and etched a name into the clear coat with dust using their finger... I would be having some words...:mad3:

I can not believe he actually did that. It's obvious I don't know much about Mike.

He's always been upfront that his goal is advancing general aviation.

say whatever you want, but jenner is a famous person.
you use famous people to advance your agenda.

I cringed when I saw the episode pop up on youtube. And it didn't do much to change my opinion of Jenner. But as always, I was super impressed with Mike. He sees the best in people, and he keeps his eye on the big picture goal of advancing interest in aviation. It was a far better episode than I feared it would be.

I laughed when I saw it pop up. I thought it was for Halloween when I saw the big dude in drag, then I was uh, oh damn and laughed again. I wont watch it but if people want to then good for them.

Fuck you all, this is a GIANT rabbit hole...

If you think this is, wait till you start on Project Binky or some of the boat builds on youtube that have been going for for years, Mike moving at light speed compared to some of them

Top Back Refresh