What's new

Patey's Scrappy

Given his wealth it is possible this just home base for day to day operations. Low maintenance automation etc.
He may have 7 ranches in Utah alone Plus all the other vacation homes.
The guy is really fucking efficient, given unlimited money I couldn't manage the shit he has accomplished while I've been watching him.

Watching that video with his wife and kids in there getting dirty...
I don't care if it's staged, they were in the way of the real workers etc. I can't think of another family doing that kind of hands on involvement in a construction project.

I make my daughter do shit like that and she hates it but after 10 minutes she feels that feeling of accomplishment, it's important for a family I think.

Watching that video with his wife and kids in there getting dirty...
I don't care if it's staged, they were in the way of the real workers etc. I can't think of another family doing that kind of hands on involvement in a construction project.

I make my daughter do shit like that and she hates it but after 10 minutes she feels that feeling of accomplishment, it's important for a family I think.
The way I understood he and the family with the help of a coule of hired concrete guys built the wall in a weekend

The concept of floating the false floor and pulling it down with cables, versus something heavier-than-water and pushed up by hydraulics is wild. Completely makes sense now that I've seen it described, but I would have never guessed that's how the system would operate. That was a pretty cool vid

as someone that has had an actual in-ground pool at a house that I lived in at one point in time

pools are high maintenance as they are without moving parts
this looks like a nightmare to me
the novelty of a pool rubs off faster than I thought
and the 'new' friends that you get when people find out that you own a pool gets old fast too

as cool as the house is, just build the airplane :grinpimp:

The concept of floating the false floor and pulling it down with cables, versus something heavier-than-water and pushed up by hydraulics is wild. Completely makes sense now that I've seen it described, but I would have never guessed that's how the system would operate. That was a pretty cool vid
I was guessing he would’ve had an air pump hooked up to it to alter the flotation level. As a pool bottom, it wouldn’t have to be much other than neutral. Big difference in flotation required as compared to a dance floor. Downside is that would, of course present a failure point.

he is installing a fancy dock

it will sink from time to time when he pushes a button :grinpimp:

who is going to be the poor sucker that has to go down to the bottom and get the kids toys that get past the engineering stuff?:laughing:

Top Back Refresh