What's new

Patey's Scrappy

I still like what Cleetus is doing, but I am a lot less interested in him since he started doing the pay-per-view thing. I've always been an opponent of pay-per-view, so YMMV.
I'm torn on this, and just paid for my very first PPV anything ever for his recent 2.4 hrs of le mullets. Honestly, I was impressed with the content and see why he charges for it. 99% of his content is still free, just the races are PPV where he brings in paid personalities, large media teams, and provides everything for people who can't get down there and pay for a seat in the stands. It was worth it. I'll probably pay for future races as well.

The whole thing is definitely a persona, all spurred from one little sarcastic video clip he did back when he was working for 1320. But that has dialed way back over the years, he still does goofy and intentionally dumb stuff at times, but his own personality is most of what you see these days. I like that he's still humble and not overly cocky even with how successful he has become. He also encourages and pushes the people around him to build their own youtube channels which is awesome. Like Kevn (KSR) that built the mullet, Cleetus pushed him continuously to upload content and there are times where you heard Cleetus reminding Kevin to get the camera rolling for more content. Now KSRs channel is booming, and Cleetus still tries to promote him when he gets a chance
I don't know who the people that you referenced are
maybe I won't skip his next video when I see it and give it another go

I don't know who the people that you referenced are
maybe I won't skip his next video when I see it and give it another go
Honestly, KSR is worth watching. He's a damn good fabricator that builds badass cars, and another genuine personality. His background was mostly road racing, but has been doing a lot of drag racing work. Mullet is Cleetus's el camino that Kevin built, twin turbo 427 that's run a 7.24 1/4 mile on small tires but they're looking to break into the 6's. He likes data, so he puts sensors on absolutely everything which is pretty slick to see

https://www.youtube.com/c/KSRPerformanceFabrication

Alright my nerd is showing, but I couldn’t help it. When he said there were some wing spars left a couple weeks ago, I had to get a set. These things are awesome

CA1A9EA3-F652-4B28-A1B8-850C1E6B1D75.jpeg

I wouldn't count on it.

he went experimental so he could avoid fucking with the man.
Everything he did was paperworked. He could make an experimental copy of the Wilga. The only thing Cub about Scrappy is a little bit of frame.

I wouldn't count on it.

he went experimental so he could avoid fucking with the man.
He said that he was building draco X. He already has the turbine and bought 2 wilgas. Its in some of the videos. There is a draco X video

I don't really follow much of their stuff, but the Pateys did a bunch of free flights for people stranded on Christmas Eve due to cancellations. Thought that was pretty cool.

patey.jpg

The thing I want to see really badly from Oshkosh is the new RV 15 kit. I want to build a plane and I'm thinking that one might just be the ticket. Sightly faster carbon cub looking thing?

Or I could build an RV 14....

The thing I want to see really badly from Oshkosh is the new RV 15 kit. I want to build a plane and I'm thinking that one might just be the ticket. Sightly faster carbon cub looking thing?

I think I would prefer the side by side seating vs the tandem seating in a cub.

A SkyReach BushCat might be worth looking into. Bit faster than a Carbon Cub.

Top Back Refresh