What's new

Patey's Scrappy

A pool that deep might just invoke my childhood phobia of there being sharks in the deep end of the pool. I was like 8 when Jaws came out...

Kinda surprised he's not making it salt water with live coral and shit...

Really, I had figured everyone had heard about him

I'll admit my knowledge of history is pretty weak unfortunately. I've always found myself gravitating more towards the mechanical aspects of history and less the human element (technology, engineering etc). Not to say I haven't covered it sometime along the years in school, just didn't retain it. Awesome to see though

The only thing I believe Buffalo Air in Canada is or was flying C-54s because DC 3 were getting hard to come by

I'll admit my knowledge of history is pretty weak unfortunately. I've always found myself gravitating more towards the mechanical aspects of history and less the human element (technology, engineering etc). Not to say I haven't covered it sometime along the years in school, just didn't retain it. Awesome to see though
It's one of the incedents of history that once you hear it, it sticks with you :usa:

Last edited:
if you liked that
try this one
food drops over Holland

edit:

in fact all the videos on this guys channels are top notch
facts, by the people that were there and experienced it first hand

Last edited:
Here a better video of the event, starts at about 5 min.

I was there, very cool shindig. Talked to Germans that he'd given candy to. Berlin airlift is still a very big deal to Berliners.
I met Gail a couple times, very nice guy.

Finally got to see it in person this weekend. sorry about crappy phone pics.
Picture0924221703_1.jpg

Picture0924221656_1.jpg

This looked uncomfortable in the chop and dangerous in a crash.
Picture0924221700_1.jpg

Finally got to see it in person this weekend. sorry about crappy phone pics.
Picture0924221703_1.jpg

Picture0924221656_1.jpg

This looked uncomfortable in the chop and dangerous in a crash.
Picture0924221700_1.jpg
Not much room in the cockpit is there. Second seat I don’t think I would fit.

Other than that the build quality is top notch:flipoff2:

The only thing I believe Buffalo Air in Canada is or was flying C-54s because DC 3 were getting hard to come by
C-54s and the Electras is all I've seen in the air while I was in YellowKnife, the DC3s are still sitting on the runway tho.

Last edited:
i over build damn near everything, but that is nutz, as in bomb proof shit. and why the hell is he building such a badass place with neighbors so close?
I think you are right about it being a survival shelter, pool has a deck that can be used as a dance floor, sounds like away to assure you of water for years, lots of storage under the house...

Not sure why build it there I don't know

i over build damn near everything, but that is nutz, as in bomb proof shit. and why the hell is he building such a badass place with neighbors so close?
thought the same thing
I am guess he can afford property where he could NOT see his neighbors, and have a strip
....like Trent Palmer

but I am pretty sure he is smarter than me, so I will just pay attention, we might find out that neighbor is his kids bedroom

For some reason I expected him to live in a ritzier neighborhood too. That looks like a very middle class housing development for utah.
I was taken back by the location as well. It is a regular ass neighborhood, and he doesn't even have an extra lot. He's awful close to the neighbors. No fucking way I'd build a pimp castle in that location. I'm sure there is a reason, but damn.

UT culture has been a little different since being here.

Being within walking distance of the ward is common, even if they drive every time.

Top Back Refresh