What's new

Patey's Scrappy

Flooding sucks, at least he's done all that he can! We got 8'+ during hurricane Florance in 2018, the spillway washed out and were still without a lake:mad3:

IMG_3833.JPG

Flooding sucks, at least he's done all that he can! We got 8'+ during hurricane Florance in 2018, the spillway washed out and were still without a lake:mad3:

IMG_3833.JPG

Greenies fighting it or just no money

Greenies fighting it or just no money
$$$ FEMA will pay for a lot of it and we passed a bond for the rest. The biggest hold up is after 2 years of planning it was decided the upper 3 lakes had to brought up to a higher standard since they contribute to the main lake. This was after those spillways were already repaired!!!

I think the repairs will actually start sometime in August:grinpimp:

$$$ FEMA will pay for a lot of it and we passed a bond for the rest. The biggest hold up is after 2 years of planning it was decided the upper 3 lakes had to brought up to a higher standard since they contribute to the main lake. This was after those spillways were already repaired!!!

I think the repairs will actually start sometime in August:grinpimp:
Figured the leave it natural crowd was making a fuss

Man they are tearing out dams on the Columbia river that have been there at least that long
This was a tiny creek in a low area with shitloads of swamps in the area. We’re not holding back any water from the down stream crowd. I’m looking forward to the day that I can go swimming instead of hunting and trapping though!

DD0FA1CD-0D73-4539-A133-80551981B85B.jpeg

Maybe it's just the perspective of the videos, but...that's a big fancy pool with a house attached. Shirley, being him, he's given as much thought to the living areas?

I came for the planes, but stayed for the engineering. I've never really had specific interest in house construction but this is a pretty rad endeavor, especially with his attention to detail as you guys mentioned. I assume he hasn't showed much of the rest of the house because there's no special engineering going on there, he's just been focused on the crazy/difficult concepts he's been implementing. I'm eager for planes to come back too, but this is pretty awesome in the meantime

I love how much thought and engineering he puts into everything. Just the fire pit is a good example of how much goes into what he does.

Crazy. He did great getting it back to the ground safely.

He only had 5 hours on that certified used engine. Of course I was curious to see what a used one costs and the only one I found with a price was 1,550,000 for the engine with 350 hours on it. Holy crap that is a expensive hobby:lmao:

That would be a good chute candidate. Lancair’s have a reputation for killing people. I think most of them only need 90kn over the numbers. A forced landing at 120kn on anything but a nice runway sounds difficult to survive.

That would be a good chute candidate. Lancair’s have a reputation for killing people. I think most of them only need 90kn over the numbers. A forced landing at 120kn on anything but a nice runway sounds difficult to survive.
Is be surprised if it didn't have a chute.
He went to a lot of trouble to get one in the cub

Crazy. He did great getting it back to the ground safely.

He only had 5 hours on that certified used engine. Of course I was curious to see what a used one costs and the only one I found with a price was 1,550,000 for the engine with 350 hours on it. Holy crap that is a expensive hobby:lmao:

Imagine being his business partner that sounds like he paid for the replacement because he "oops'd" the last engine

I do wonder about the parachute too, genuinely no clue. Watching him set that system up in Scrappy was sweet though.

Top Back Refresh