What's new

Panzers: I break rocks thread

500 gallon propane tank converted to wood stove?

Do you have a blower system on there or just radiates into the room?
I think it was an air compressor tank at one time. It’s 4’ diameter by 8’ long. No propane fittings on it.
7C658307-1CA2-4B90-8A93-A6CA67AC9534.jpeg

Just have a few ceiling fans and one small barn fan on the floor.
9D4EDC87-3CC5-4043-AB2F-835653ACCFC1.jpeg
3553AAD6-03EB-482B-9CBF-4DC7189855FD.jpeg

Place is still messy from the auction cleanout. Once we get done with the outdoor work the boys will whip it into shape. Give them something to do.

Neighbor froze up his combine trying to pick some corn that had snow on it. Was a little too warm out for that. So he has it in the shop to thaw out.

New garage door day!!! Cutting a hole in the building to make another door. Did this to my other shop and was the best thing ever. Doesn’t allow you to pile shit along the wall to ruin heated workspace.

058D7DC9-0B51-4500-9920-FAF0AB147365.jpeg

All the boys wanted off this week for deer season. They worked hard this summer so I’m flying solo this week. Just been hauling some salt home from the dock to try and get ahead.
E1D73050-9DE6-448A-A6E4-CA9BF0331C47.jpeg

The dock. It must suck covering those piles.

Camarata one-upped you on the blasting video. we need closer footage next time :flipoff2:

shop looks awesome. and yep, fawk tarping that pile

Looks like the Little kids are playing lol. Neat video. That was about 1/2 the size of my sump shit. They used non-els for the detonationers. It’s neat seeing the pop at top and then the delay for the big pop. They are cheap and they work. Not the most precise.

Boys are out drilling again this week. Gonna lay down another 25-30,000ton at the quarry next Monday or Tuesday. No rest for the wicked.

All the boys wanted off this week for deer season. They worked hard this summer so I’m flying solo this week. Just been hauling some salt home from the dock to try and get ahead.

You’re missing out on an opportunity… when your team is on vacation, sell the big equipment experience… could probably get a number of people to pay you handsomely to work there for a week.

Probably won’t be enough revenue to cover the damages, but think of the entertainment.!

E1D73050-9DE6-448A-A6E4-CA9BF0331C47.jpeg

The dock. It must suck covering those piles.
I wonder if they use a tarp deployment system like the landfills do, something like this:

Aaron Z

The guys got the garage door in and working. We’ll see what it costs as I might do the same on the south end of the building.

E8529678-9766-4447-BFE9-97EC6123355B.jpeg

Spent sat playing electrician and hung led lights in the pole shed. Nice and bright in there now. I tried my best to be like an electrician by throwing boxes everywhere and making the biggest mess possible. :lmao::flipoff2:
D851F9C9-6FA5-4760-B84F-251CC8356262.jpeg

Tire guy dropped off some tires for a loader of mine. $10,000 doesn’t get you much anymore :mad3:. These are the smallest loader tires I use :mad3:.

D4C014CD-2522-4623-A37E-3BC639A982A5.jpeg

Panz are you still digging and crushing rock? I figured you would be shut down for the winter by now?

Lol someone just liked this post. I forgot all
About this repair . Fwiw I haven’t fucked with it since I fixed it and it has been running great. Knock on wood :lmao:
Glad to give you the reminder of a job well done/ landmine laid for later! :lmao:

This might be my favorite thread on the internet right now. Back to the roots of [p]irate for sure. thanks for sharing. Next time I go to Crandon I'm going to have to invite myself over.

Almost 2 months since I started reading this thread on & off, and I'm getting close enough to caught up to reply.

Glad to give you the reminder of a job well done/ landmine laid for later! :lmao:

This might be my favorite thread on the internet right now. Back to the roots of [p]irate for sure. thanks for sharing. Next time I go to Crandon I'm going to have to invite myself over.

Almost 2 months since I started reading this thread on & off, and I'm getting close enough to caught up to reply.
Lol I’m glad you enjoy it. Every day is a new and exciting adventure. Today the spray foam guys showed up. Said it would be nice to have the windows and Doors trimmed our. So I’m out panic building window boxes. :homer:

I’m 90 miles south of Crandon. So not that far away. You’re more than welcome to stop in someday.

Just wheel the jet boat in there so you have enough room to finish it
All ready in the plans!!

The brake press and dsg lathe are getting kicked out of the current shop. The hbm will go where the dsg is. Making lots of room for the hobby lobby

Give it a year, you’ll be working your ass off in there:flipoff2:
Lol I hope not. I have 2 100x120 heated shops now. If I need another one I need to start buying better equipment:lmao:.

This was kinda a spur of the moment deal. It’s a I have some extra money to spend the spring auction cleaned it out. Had no intention of doing this but it kinda spiraled out of control lol.

Insulation guy is going to town.

CB24A6D7-0F57-418A-AFC3-948295D60EA5.jpeg
38A3FD1F-95FC-4DB0-9135-B319B24E1FD7.jpeg

Are your other buildings insulated as well? Just seems overkill for a storage building unless you will be working/jetboating in it frequently.

Are your other buildings insulated as well? Just seems as an l overkill for a storage building unless you will be working/jetboating in it frequently.
I got another 60x120 that is uninsulated. This one is gonna be for parking the dumptrucks that run everyday/most days during the winter. Right now they get parked out side in the wind and get plugged in.

I’m hoping it’s gonna be 10-20 degrees warmer that outside temp and being out of the wind it should cut my no starts down to 0 this winter. My dad always has to haul on the coldest day of the year.

This also will allow me to pack the other two garages with projects. I won’t have to leave a bay or two open in the repair shops for the problem Childs.

warmth from the slab should keep it warmer in the winter, never mind parking the hot trucks in there at the end of the day

slab should keep it cooler in the summer too, but that holds less utility

Gonna punch in a steam tunnel over to the boiler room?
Get you a 50-100hp fire tube pressure boiler. Generate electric with a steam turbine generator setup while you're heating all three buildings and your house.

warmth from the slab should keep it warmer in the winter, never mind parking the hot trucks in there at the end of the day

slab should keep it cooler in the summer too, but that holds less utility

Gonna punch in a steam tunnel over to the boiler room?
Get you a 50-100hp fire tube pressure boiler. Generate electric with a steam turbine generator setup while you're heating all three buildings and your house.
Just need a feeder chain on the wood storage floor and an elevator to feed the wood into the firebox...

Aaron Z

Just need a feeder chain on the wood storage floor and an elevator to feed the wood into the firebox...

Aaron Z
Or just keep on keeping on as it is, hire an old guy to pitch wood in all day, shut down the turbine when nobody's there for longer burn times just running the building heating...
I really like the thought of simple steam turbines for the generator stuff because you could just direct couple them to induction motors to be used as grid-tied generator heads. Only need an overspeed valve for if a breaker pops.

Looks like they're having far too much fun.
Does the generator usually live on a trailer like that, or does it get set off if you're going to be there for longer?
I thought at one point you were looking at putting it onto a four-wheel munitions trailer or something like that, but it's been awhile and I may be misremembering.

Aaron Z

Top Back Refresh