What's new

Panzers: I break rocks thread

Yeah I believe county bought all the Redimix plants. That was last year I think . I think Melvin still has the pits and does dirt work yet.
Haas has been running mixers out of a lot right across the road from the old Melvin building. Maybe I should get out more, or probably less.

Haas has been running mixers out of a lot right across the road from the old Melvin building. Maybe I should get out more, or probably less.
Yeah they are mixing out of there. Haas has been mixing out of Wausau also. They are bringing me 100 some yards of concrete Thursday of this week.

Tomorrow is the day :smokin:
7C78060F-D58C-4B0A-A0B1-2ABC39704BCF.jpeg
08105D22-604B-4112-A703-0FF57D93C574.jpeg

Only will set you back $28,300 for 110 yards of concrete the placement and rebar. :lmao:

The batch plant guy is threatening me, that he is gonna use some left over rock and sand they used to get from a different guy:lmao:
I'm still floored at that price, seems like rock bottom pricing.

I'm still floored at that price, seems like rock bottom pricing.
These guys buy enough stuff from me that I didn’t even try to negotiate a better price. I’m just happy they buy what they do from me. :smokin:

I’ll use this as a bargaining chip next spring when we are hashing out next years stone and sand prices :lmao:.

I assume you are doing it all in one pour?

When we do 100+ yard parking lot pours we schedule the mud for 4 or 5 in the morning. Your guys are going to be there a while!

I assume you are doing it all in one pour?

When we do 100+ yard parking lot pours we schedule the mud for 4 or 5 in the morning. Your guys are going to be there a while!
It’s actually nice out today. Almost 60 out. I think they have .5% cc in it to help speed it up.

That belt telescopes like a gradall boom? Fawking awesome. Never saw anything like that before.

Stone slinger on steroids.

That belt telescopes like a gradall boom? Fawking awesome. Never saw anything like that before.

Stone slinger on steroids.
Yeah it goes from 30’ to 105’. It’s a pretty slick deal. Concrete guys around here are short handed. So for the basement footings they set up the forms then have a load or 2 of 3/4” clear stone brought in and dumped through the conveyor to shore up the forms. Then the concrete truck comes and they pour the footings then another 2-3 loads of clear stone to fill the basement up to the top of the footings. Works slick as snot and there is zero shoveling. They can do it all in 2 hours and one trip charge for the conveyor truck. We get to sell more stone so the world is good.

Yeah it goes from 30’ to 105’. It’s a pretty slick deal. Concrete guys around here are short handed. So for the basement footings they set up the forms then have a load or 2 of 3/4” clear stone brought in and dumped through the conveyor to shore up the forms. Then the concrete truck comes and they pour the footings then another 2-3 loads of clear stone to fill the basement up to the top of the footings. Works slick as snot and there is zero shoveling. They can do it all in 2 hours and one trip charge for the conveyor truck. We get to sell more stone so the world is good.

What do they do to get the forms back out?

Some guys use the forms that are hollow and act like drain tile pipe so those just get left in place. The wood form guys just come back the next day and hit them with a hammer to knock them loose.
Seems like it would be a pain if the forms are covered in rock.

Got any video of the concrete coming off of the conveyor?

Out here we aren’t allowed to let the concrete free fall more than 8-10 feet or something like that. When I had my pile pumped for the last fire station I built we had to have the hose go at least 50’ down the 60’ piles. Pain in the ass with all the rebar in there too.

Out here we aren’t allowed to let the concrete free fall more than 8-10 feet or something like that. When I had my pile pumped for the last fire station I built we had to have the hose go at least 50’ down the 60’ piles. Pain in the ass with all the rebar in there too.
Why? Because some dumbass got hurt blowing out a wall form when they bucket loadered three yards in from 14ft in the air?

They pinch the hose to slow it down at the end usually have a clamp on the bag.

Why? Because some dumbass got hurt blowing out a wall form when they bucket loadered three yards in from 14ft in the air?
Supposedly they tested cylinders of concrete that had been allowed to free fall
From various heights and determined that anything higher than that would cause too much separation of the aggrate from the mix and resulted in a significant strength reduction.

take pretty slick, fuk the pumper truck hose throwing you around on every stroke

Top Back Refresh