What's new

Panzers: I break rocks thread

Got a price on a 16x16 insulated garage door. 10950 installed with opener and no windows. Went out and measured tonight and the fucker is 20’ wide:lmao::homer:.

Garage doors are freaking expensive. At that price I have have close to $150,000 in garage doors in all my buildings wtf.
I keep thinking of just building some sectional doors myself.
I am sure it will be 3 times over budget and take 4x as long as it should but the door would be bulletproof.

caged the operator's cab with some old screens yet, or waiting for the fresh glass and bloodstains to do so? :flipoff2:
1/4” piece of polycarb. Multiple big ones got bounced off it at head level allready.

I keep thinking of just building some sectional doors myself.
I am sure it will be 3 times over budget and take 4x as long as it should but the door would be bulletproof.
Yes, homemade hangar doors FTW.

Gotta love the free rain awning and not taking up any room inside for cranes and lights.

hangar-door-006.jpg

Yes, homemade hangar doors FTW.

Gotta love the free rain awning and not taking up any room inside for cranes and lights.

hangar-door-006.jpg
I have sketched this many times...
I think for the size of my doors 12x10 I would just do cantilever hydraulics.

Usually the shot material get processed into some kind of clear stone 3”, 6”, 1.5” or .75”.
Sorry for the basic question, but...

Does the fresh shot stuff get sorted, or does it all go straight into the crusher? Is some of the rock usable straight from the blast?

A step by step youtube sure would be fun...well, for us.

Sorry for the basic question, but...

Does the fresh shot stuff get sorted, or does it all go straight into the crusher? Is some of the rock usable straight from the blast?

A step by step youtube sure would be fun...well, for us.
All really depends on what your trying to make. Large rip rap gets sorts out of the shot. Medium rip rap gets made from breaking the lathe ones down with a hammer.

Since my shots have lots of oversized in them we did through the pile with a lathe excavator. Picking out the ones that won’t fit in the jaw. The rest goes through the jaw which can be set at 3”-8” opening.

If you want to make 6” clear breaker you set the jaw at 5” or so then run what comes out on a screen. A 2 deck is optimal as you can put a 3.5” screen on top and a 1.25 on the bottom. You would make 6” clear 3” clear and a 1.25 road gravel all at once.

If you want to make a clear stone you would tighten the jaw to 3-4” run it across a screen with 1.25 or 7/8” screens to make a road gravel getting rid of the dirty material.

The screened rock would go to a cone which would take it down to a 3/4” minus product. Then it would get screened again into clear stone and manufactured sand. Some cases the sand it mixed back into the dirty gravel to make more fines if your short on it.

The options are pretty much endless all depending on what you want to make and what you want for by products. The secret it to make a byproduct you can sell and that’s in demand. Anyone can make a clear stone and a bunch of waste. The guys that know what they are doing make a few different good products all at the same time.

Here is the setup we are running this week.
51A351E4-677A-4C46-B932-E9D721179FC8.jpeg

It goes jaw to green screen. Green screen is making 1.25 base.

The 5-1.375” stone goes to the closed circuit cone plant that grinds it down into 7/8 and smaller rock. It then goes to the sandvik screen which splits it into 1/4 minus sand. 7/8”x1/4” stone and 7/8”+ stone. The 3/4 stone goes through a small wash box to rinse the dust off.

Thanks! It's fascinating getting the inside scoop on something most of us never even think about.

I noticed decades ago that if you dig deep enough into any subject, there's a body of science and entire careers behind it. I call it "toilet bowl engineering", because WGAF about the radius of the curve on the back of the p-trap? Yet somewhere, someone does...

because WGAF about the radius of the curve on the back of the p-trap? Yet somewhere, someone does...
it is similar to the inside radius from the bowl to the port on your cylinder heads, of course it matters
whether it is a bit of turbulence in the air or a caught turd, it's all about efficiency

it is similar to the inside radius from the bowl to the port on your cylinder heads, of course it matters
whether it is a bit of turbulence in the air or a caught turd, it's all about efficiency
Exactly! Ask the next person you see how much they care about port matching!

??

You mean like a big slab of a door that just swings up with hydraulics? Seems like you need a much bigger/heavier door and framing to make that work well compared to a bi-fold that just hangs there.
Depends on the geometry. I can see a cantilever with long hydraulic pistons not requiring anything crazy.

The bifold doors have major forces to deal with when they get up to full open height, better make sure you have a hard stop for that bottom roller.

Here is the setup we are running this week.
51A351E4-677A-4C46-B932-E9D721179FC8.jpeg

It goes jaw to green screen. Green screen is making 1.25 base.

The 5-1.375” stone goes to the closed circuit cone plant that grinds it down into 7/8 and smaller rock. It then goes to the sandvik screen which splits it into 1/4 minus sand. 7/8”x1/4” stone and 7/8”+ stone. The 3/4 stone goes through a small wash box to rinse the dust off.
what is the chocolate brown pile?

Thanks! It's fascinating getting the inside scoop on something most of us never even think about.

I noticed decades ago that if you dig deep enough into any subject, there's a body of science and entire careers behind it. I call it "toilet bowl engineering", because WGAF about the radius of the curve on the back of the p-trap? Yet somewhere, someone does...
Yeah it’s crazy the science that goes into this stuff. The stuff I make for the block plant is super special. They make a dry batch of concrete out of the sand and buckshot. They toss it into a mold hit it with a big vibrator toss the pretty stone concrete on top vibrate it again and its a solid block. It’s crazy how fast they can make a paver. The concrete when mixed up just feels like a sand. Some days the sand I haul them from my pile has more water in it than they add to the mix. They dump it into a bin to dry a day or two.

what is the chocolate brown pile?
the one closest to where I was standing. That is the 3/4” clear concrete stone. It’s more of a pink granite stone. Camera made it look shit brown. It’s wet from the wash box.

??

You mean like a big slab of a door that just swings up with hydraulics? Seems like you need a much bigger/heavier door and framing to make that work well compared to a bi-fold that just hangs there.
Yeah there are framing issues to consider but bi-fold doors require lots of head room.

I also had a emergency pump repair rebuild yesterday and this morning. I had this pump feeding water to may course material screw and we lost a ton of volume and pressure. This turned into a emergency as i use this pump on my washplant and need to have that running between now and freeze up.

Shes kinda ugly but works awesome. Just float it out in the pond and give it power. No fucking with priming, suction pipes foot valves ect.

36DD3294-60F1-4F15-8D8C-3195A6A49837.jpeg

I first went to ag pump supply shop to see if they had one. Well they had a 20hp 480v horizontal pump. they wanted 1000 a week to rent or 12,500 to buy. I was out. So plan b do the worlds quickest rebuild/ repair. There is no getting parts in a day or two so I hoped I could just make what o needed.

Tearing it down i found my issue. The impeller was 3/16 away from the housing and to top it off I could push it up another 3/8” of a inch. I figured that lifting was causeing it to stall out .

2F18D777-8AE1-464B-B413-D67514CB975A.jpeg

Also the bronze bushing that is next to impeller was egged shaped 1/4”. So I started on fixing the bushing first. Called up the local metal supply house and found out they only had a 2.5” dia piece onhand. Fuck I needed a piece 2.75 in dia. So I tossed her on the Bridgeport and bushed the bushing lol. It got a press for, some locktite sleeve retainer and drilled and tapped the part line between them. Running a Allen screw in the parting line should keep them from spinning and help hold it into place.
B3648EAC-D35D-44E5-8888-B7FEA9314701.jpeg

F8A19285-CE81-4BCE-9CEA-CA649D71E855.jpeg

Next I tossed 4 weld passes on the impeller to help build it back up.

3E628330-B04D-448E-857E-1AFB32230AA1.jpeg

Not pretty but it should work. The movement up and down come from a snap ring groove that got wore down. A simple .375 spacer and bingo the beating can’t float up. I got up this morning at 4:30 to reassemble and get it running as the boys were comming in to run washplant for a half day.

Got it back together and once I tightened everything up the fucking shaft wouldn’t turn. Once again I made my bushing tolerances too tight. So my options were take it back apart losing a day of running or loosen it up till the shaft turns and plug the bitch in and let it seat itself. Well I choose option two. I dumped some oil on the bronze bushing fire it up and slowly tightened everything up. It took about 10 mins but the bronze was no match for a steel shaft going 1800 rpm.

She has been going great for the last 5 hours. Hopefully it will go for another month until I can tear it back down and get the correct parts to do a proper rebuild.

77031603-033F-4F1C-BD93-897250CE7176.jpeg
Lol someone just liked this post. I forgot all
About this repair . Fwiw I haven’t fucked with it since I fixed it and it has been running great. Knock on wood :lmao:

Since you rely on it, a wellness check would be a good idea. Imagine what that $12,500 pump costs now!
Haha who likes to plan ahead. I like the thrill of random shit happening and getting the evening to stew it over on how I’m gonna get out of this pickle:lmao:. That would make a horribly boring thread for you guys. :lmao::flipoff2:

After my help left for the day sat I screened the rest of my oversized rock into 1 1/2”. Sold about 20 loads of it to a bunch of guys in less than 24 hours. I was out for a few weeks and they were hounding me. We are washing shit that comes right out of the bank as I didn’t have time to presceen or crush it. So the oversized goes in the 1 1/2” bin. Just needed to pick the big ones out.

9EC7789D-BE3F-4F1D-AFD1-FAC47CAB4BBB.jpeg

Dad finished up the storage barn by running some wire for outlets. Buried some uf 12-2 runs for the far side.
AF16B1D7-FB1A-45E5-8801-BFCF7F3DD5F1.jpeg

Dad brought a fleet of shit to get this done lol.
D44BE3E1-81B8-4D9D-92B4-F66EA5558D0A.jpeg

After my help left for the day sat I screened the rest of my oversized rock into 1 1/2”. Sold about 20 loads of it to a bunch of guys in less than 24 hours. I was out for a few weeks and they were hounding me. We are washing shit that comes right out of the bank as I didn’t have time to presceen or crush it. So the oversized goes in the 1 1/2” bin. Just needed to pick the big ones out.

9EC7789D-BE3F-4F1D-AFD1-FAC47CAB4BBB.jpeg
So, is that 1 1/2" and down, or at least 1 1/2"?
It sounds like washed 1 1/2" and up.
Dad finished up the storage barn by running some wire for outlets. Buried some uf 12-2 runs for the far side.
AF16B1D7-FB1A-45E5-8801-BFCF7F3DD5F1.jpeg

Dad brought a fleet of shit to get this done lol.
D44BE3E1-81B8-4D9D-92B4-F66EA5558D0A.jpeg
Why have the toys and not use them? :grinpimp:
No conduit under the slab?

Aaron Z

Top Back Refresh