What's new

Panzers: I break rocks thread

This is all I got for documentation on the pump.

IMG_0348.png

I cut the packing like this and rotate seam 120° each time.
1000046059.jpg
Yes this is how I cut them.

So I smashed my 1/2” packing before I put it in this morning. Took 7 ropes to fill it up. I covered them in grease before I jammed them. We will see how long this lasts.

IMG_0350.jpeg

I’m gonna order some 5/8” rope. I think that is my problem.

So I done fucked up this last week. My constant battling with that pumps packing caused me to lose track on watching how much oil was in the bearings. After a night shift run the following day she locked up tight. :homer:

I was able to get a set of bearings and seals overnighted and got it rebuilt. Not too tough of a job just big heavy parts.

Impeller was due for a swap anyways. Man sand is hard on that thing. Need to get a small normal washplant to wash that sand so I don’t have to pump it. The impellers are getting stupid expensive. They want $6500 for a new one. Metso doesn’t want to support the parts for these pumps anymore so they just jack the price of the parts.

I turned a new sleeve where the packing run. Old one was pretty cashed out.
IMG_0363.jpeg

After putting it back together i determined I was using too small of packing. I should have been using 5/8” not 1/2” square packing. It’s a much better seal now.

IMG_0371.jpeg

IMG_0372.jpeg

Fucked impeller and bearings. Bearings are pretty big. $950 a piece:homer:.

IMG_0373.jpeg
IMG_0374.jpeg
IMG_0386.jpeg

All back together and got 15hours of run time on it washing sand this week. It will probably run everyday now until freeze up to get piles made for winter.

ain't there some sort of ejector type business you can get going on, where you blast the water in across the bottom of the hopper alone and the sand gets washed into the high speed flow, also with clean-ish water

sorta like a blasting pot, but with water instead of air

Yeah only got a few months out of it. Ran 15,000ton of man sand through it :homer:. Just like pumping razor blades.
I missed the hp & gpm, but these pumps are made with hardened parts.

I missed the hp & gpm, but these pumps are made with hardened parts.
That wouldn’t make the week. Needs to be rubber. This is a 1500gpm 60hp pump. It is pumping 130t/hour of sand. This is a 6x8x18 pump.

Fuck:homer:
I just remembered that I brought this up before, the wash plant is like 30' up, and I've even been up there
probably can't squirt stuff up that high...
I think that it will, using Bernoulli's equation you can figure out the size of nozzles you need to build the right amount of pressure.

Top Back Refresh