What's new

Panzers: I break rocks thread

Tomorrow is the day to see what my stone looks like. The north and east corners have about 19’ of black in them the east and south has a 10’ vein of red in the middle. You can see it in the drill cuttings.

ADA70D57-2839-4AA3-8C57-3FDAB826F93F.jpeg
Guess I'll dig out a lawn chair and call in sick to work tomorrow. What time does is the kaboom set for?

Started on the preparation for the concrete and insulation of the storage shed. I cleaned it out and dad buried 2 floor drains. Will have 3” of pitch in 25’ to each of the drains.

I need to run wire to our 6 20 amp each outlets on the south wall. I figure I can park 6 dump trucks in here at a angle. That way they can come out one at a time.

I’m gonna try 3” of spray foam on the walls and ceiling just for the fact it will be done in a day or two and won’t need tin work. That will be a someday project. It will also seal up some of the small holes in the tin on the south and west end that happened when the tornado came through and wrecked all my shit across the road.
67787480-04E1-42A6-990A-3813846D6DDE.jpeg
my first quick look at this pic, i thought you were being funny with a mini RC excavator in the pit :homer:
1667230238886.png

my first quick look at this pic, i thought you were being funny with a mini RC excavator in the pit :homer:
1667230238886.png
Have you seen the Lil Giants Construction Company channel on youtube, the owner and his friends are digging out his crawl space into a basement using RC construction equipment, from Excavators, Haul trucks, dump trucks, semi trucks with dump trailers, conveyors, trammels, etc. it's become an actual scale worksite.

Have you seen the Lil Giants Construction Company channel on youtube, the owner and his friends are digging out his crawl space into a basement using RC construction equipment, from Excavators, Haul trucks, dump trucks, semi trucks with dump trailers, conveyors, trammels, etc. it's become an actual scale worksite.
that was what i was trying to find. I know Panzer's busier than shit, but it'd still be a great picture if it were true. plus, he's about to have a floating navy based on the craigslist thread:grinpimp:

I don’t know what it means either. The hydraulic hammer I have is rated for 7,000 ft lbs. This one is 40,000. Last summer michels had a 80,000 ft lbs version of this one hooked the boom of a 50t hoe. Without the stick it could handle it pretty good.

Most likely rating is a measure of energy:

One pound lifted one foot is one foot-pound. Is the sure strike a free-fall weight or is the striker accelerated to the anvil on drop?

hahaha
there was once solid rock, now we've introduced enough air in between the smaller rocks that a hill appears
You can see the anfo is a pretty slow burning explosion. It does more pushing than a high explosive would.

I love the smell of that smoke. It’s right up there with 2 stroke exhaust and buring race gas :lmao:.

All done. Got the neighbors all mad again.
4A24161F-93D5-410A-9CB9-AFD06EE42EB5.jpeg

Got a video I’ll try and upload it tonight.

How deep do they drill, how many gallons/tons of anfo? How many tons of material does it net you?

Looks like some nice Big Black rock you're looking for.

How deep do they drill, how many gallons/tons of anfo? How many tons of material does it net you?

Looks like some nice Big Black rock you're looking for.
For this shot because it’s a sump they used a 1-1 powder factor. Meaning they tightened the hole spacing up. So it is 1# of anfo to 1 Ton of blasted rock. When they have a hole to push it into they can back it down to a 1.25-1.45 powder factor.

To answer the question. 25,000ton of blasted rock, approx 25,000# of Anfo. Holes were 24’ deep drilled on a 7’x7’ pattern 3.5” in size.

Here to go Panzer just bought this morning
image.jpg

Top Back Refresh