What's new

Panzers: I break rocks thread

last 3/4" clean rock I got from the local quarry for the inlaws retaining wall I paid right under $20/ton with tax and that was me hauling it. 1.5" road base was about $14.50 ton
I paid $15.60/ton for 1 1/4" or 3/4"

^^^that pic i posted above does not include delivery. Delivery pre-covid in the big truck was like $60, and the place is no more than 5 miles away. its the closest source by far, but others are comparable in this area. Maybe contractors or the state gets different pricing than advertised to homeowners?

thankfully I might only need 1 more ton to wrap up the next project and I got a shitty trailer to haul it in.

Blasters showing up next week to hopefully make a beautiful pile of black stone.

I need you all to say a little prayer to the sweet baby Jesus to have this bitch stay black 20-30 feet down. If it stays all black it will make big money stone. If not I’ll make it into breaker and other road gravels.

I’m gonna roll the dice and try and keep the drill only on the black rock seam. Should be interesting.

5D88193C-407B-4003-AA82-389FCD4F2BDA.jpeg

Black rock seam. This is down approx 20’ from the top of the original stone.
2EAF8275-E12D-4E66-9A5B-3F41AEE308EA.jpeg

Should make beautiful stone.

It’s crazy how fast it turns. You can see exactly where it changes.
2D3F0677-0FC3-47E2-A8DC-EFEB5BD704FE.jpeg

The 2’ers are where the moneys at. I should be able to get $7-800 a load for those.
DCC1C9A9-2BC2-4078-938C-EC09349A7318.jpeg

Next week should be interesting.

What is the black used for/why does it command a premium over normal, landscaping?

black rock is expensive there
pink rock is expensive here

all a matter of what's common where you're at and how far it has to be hauled

cross posting from the tow rigs cool trucks thread. your pit NEEDS one of these
1666294551909.png

1666294551909.png

If I ever become wealthy, I'd probably end up with a yard full of random "that is AWESOME" equipment and mil surp stuff.

Another new toy showed up in the yard this week. This is to replace my 1970s-80’s wabco 666 grader. Way too nice for the pit but I’ll take it. It’s a good machine still a old motor no emissions bullshit. No excuses for the pit roads to be rough now. Will need to find a carbide point edge for it. Fucking wheels come off the ground before it cuts the hard packed gravel.

B38D727D-4A3B-43BA-987E-CA9700ED6D08.jpeg

This is why I’ll never get rich. As soon as I get a nice full checkbook another piece of iron shows up in the yard. :homer::lmao:

My kids are gonna get spoiled. Give them another 3-4 years and I’ll tell them to go grade the pit roads. Don’t come back until they are smooth and don’t run into anything. :lmao:

Last edited:
1666294551909.png

Pretty cool but really would not have a use for it. Way to light of a lift cylinder to put anything heavy on it and still have it dump.

A buddy of mine has a in with a local steel shop. He gets their drops for a awesome price.

He dropped me off 4500 pounds of 1/4 3/8 1/2 plate for .45 a pound. I’ll take it for that price. This winter we’ll burn that up in a heartbeat.

9744878C-8D46-412F-9161-EE2000D1AF02.jpeg

Last edited:
Another new toy showed up in the yard this week. This is to replace my 1970s-80’s wabco 666 grader. Way too nice for the pit but I’ll take it. It’s a good machine still a old motor no emissions bullshit. No excuses for the pit roads to be rough now. Will need to find a carbide point edge for it. Fucking wheels come off the ground before it cuts the hard packed gravel.

B38D727D-4A3B-43BA-987E-CA9700ED6D08.jpeg

This is why I’ll never get rich. As soon as o get a nice checkbook full another piece of iron shows up in the yard. :homer::lmao:

My kids are gonna get spoiled. Give them another 3-4 years and I’ll tell them to go grade the pit roads. Don’t come back until they are smooth and don’t run into anything. :lmao:
You are the only person I know that has full size Tonka toys.

We are having a awesome year so I need to spend a little money to reduce Biden’s cut. The 55’x105’ pole barn we bought last year that came with the new shop is gonna get a concrete floor put in it. It got cleaned out this summer during the auction. If I don’t do this now it will never get done. When I start filling it back up I’ll never take the time to clean it out and pour a floor. A now or never deal.

Got a price of 25,300 for 6” of 4500 psi concrete with fiber in it. I didn’t think that was all too bad.

Once I start shaping it up and putting drains in I’ll get some pictures. This should go down in the next 3 weeks.

A buddy of mine has a in with a local steel shop. He gets their drops for a awesome price.

He dropped my of 4500 pounds of 1/4 3/8 1/2 plate for .45 a pound. I’ll take it for that price. This winter we’ll burn that up in a heartbeat.

9744878C-8D46-412F-9161-EE2000D1AF02.jpeg
Nice!

We are having a awesome year so I need to spend a little money to reduce Biden’s cut. The 55’x105’ pole barn we bought last year that came with the new shop is gonna get a concrete floor put in it. It got cleaned out this summer during the auction. If I don’t do this now it will never get done. When I start filling it back up I’ll never take the time to clean it out and pour a floor. A now or never deal.

Got a price of 25,300 for 6” of 4500 psi concrete with fiber in it. I didn’t think that was all too bad.

Once I start shaping it up and putting drains in I’ll get some pictures. This should go down in the next 3 weeks.
That seems way stupid cheap to me for "installed" but I dunno concrete contractor prices really. Kinda feels like a materials cost just shooting from the gut.

That seems way stupid cheap to me for "installed" but I dunno concrete contractor prices really. Kinda feels like a materials cost just shooting from the gut.
Yeah I was thinking more also but he’s just a 2 man operation who does excellent work on bigger pours. Excited to get it done.

That must be the bring your own aggregate price!
Lol you laugh but he has to get the mud from the concrete guys I make the sand and stone for. Got a price from the spray foam guys and it was 12,000ish or so to spray the walls with 2” of foam. No sure what I’m gonna do for the ceiling yet.

Should be a nice building to park all the trucks in. Hopefully I won’t have to plug as much stuff in this winter. $1500 a month power bills are no fun.

Lol you laugh but he has to get the mud from the concrete guys I make the sand and stone for. Got a price from the spray foam guys and it was 12,000ish or so to spray the walls with 2” of foam. No sure what I’m gonna do for the ceiling yet.

Should be a nice building to park all the trucks in. Hopefully I won’t have to plug as much stuff in this winter. $1500 a month power bills are no fun.
walls are easy to foamboard in, save the pricier sprayfoam for the roof and the seams/posts left over after installing the foamboard on the walls?

How much stuff do you plug in normally? At work we have probably 200+\- units plugged in every day/night from oct 1 thru april 1. I always curiouse what kinda $$ it was but dont wanna go down that rabbit hole looking into it with owners. They insist all the stuff be plugged in always unless its out working. Some stuff may not move now till april but it will be olugged in the whole time.

How much stuff do you plug in normally? At work we have probably 200+\- units plugged in every day/night from oct 1 thru april 1. I always curiouse what kinda $$ it was but dont wanna go down that rabbit hole looking into it with owners. They insist all the stuff be plugged in always unless its out working. Some stuff may not move now till april but it will be olugged in the whole time.
4 -5 things. We also do a lot of welding and fab work so we use more than normal amount of electricity.

5775x.5/27x130ish/yard is $13,900 roughly in concrete. Plus fiber. That’s KC price. Hot water and other things might be more

Pretty cool but really would not have a use for it. Way to light of a lift cylinder to put anything heavy on it and still have it dump.
definitely figured it's useless in a pit, especially with the flatbed instead of a box. but hell it'd make you even cooler to all your internet friends :laughing:

you do cool shit that I have no exposure to. thanks again for posting all the pics and updates

Top Back Refresh