What's new

Panzers: I break rocks thread

Stupid bulldog is gonna get attacked by a eagle. Hopefully they cannot pick up 65# of muscle :lmao:. He is 45’ up on top my pile. What a idiot
EBFBEF25-F57E-4FBB-BEEE-43C635A3EC56.jpeg
That picture makes him look almost like a mountain goat up there.

Aaron Z

That thing looks hilarious. Is that the correct size machine for that hammer?

fuck those excavators are strong.
Yeah that is the minimum size for that hammer on the stick. Excavator weighs in at 105,000 pounds. It has everything to do to move that sucker around. The hammer itself weighs in at 16,000+#.

The weight is huge. Must be 16”x12”x48” long chunk of steel. I forgot to take a picture of the hammer on my lowboy. Damn thing took up the whole trailer. It needs to be hauled separately.

Last edited:
I gotta figure out what ft/lb is in impact strength, because a .50 BMG is like 14k ft/lb but I dunno what it even means
I don’t know what it means either. The hydraulic hammer I have is rated for 7,000 ft lbs. This one is 40,000. Last summer michels had a 80,000 ft lbs version of this one hooked the boom of a 50t hoe. Without the stick it could handle it pretty good.

Yeah that is the minimum size for that hammer on the stick. Excavator weighs in at 105,000 pounds. It has everything to do to move that sucker around. The hammer itself weighs in at 16,000+#.

The weight is huge. Must be 16”x12”x48” long chunk of steel. I forgot to take a picture of the hammer on my lowboy. Damn thing took up the whole trailer. It needs to be hauled separately.
So it's the Fiddler Crab of center punches?

holy shit I didnt realize that excavator was 50 tons.. looks like she is on her toes the whole time he is moving it around. lol
3 of my excavators are 50t class machines. Pretty much the only size I want. Small enough to move in one piece and big enough to put a 4 yd bucket on it.

They also go cheap. I bought the one in the video for 30,000 lol. Stuck rails on it and rebuilt the pump and resealed the cylinders. Typical maintenance type stuff.

Last edited:
3 of my excavators are 50t class machines. Pretty much the only size I want. Small enough to move in one piece and big enough to put a 4 yd bucket on it.

They also go cheap. I bought the one in the video for 30,000 lol. Stuck rails on it and rebuilt the pump and resealed the cylinders. Typical maintenance type stuff.

I was wondering when I saw the video, I thought I remembered you saying you were going to put it on in place of the stick.
Looks like it can do a lot of work in a hurry.

Aaron Z

I was wondering when I saw the video, I thought I remembered you saying you were going to put it on in place of the stick.
Looks like it can do a lot of work in a hurry.

Aaron Z
I was gonna put it on the boom of a smaller excavator I had. It was only 45,000 lbs. The factory said it needed to be 75,000 for the boom mount. After the hammer showed up and my 544 could not pick it up I agreed with them :lmao:. We also broke the boom on it a few weeks back and I haven’t had time to mess with it.

This was the only 50t hoe I have that has a 3rd spool on it.

So the breaker has the valving in it to extend and retract the hydraulic cylinder? Operator just keeps sending fluid to it?

So the breaker has the valving in it to extend and retract the hydraulic cylinder? Operator just keeps sending fluid to it?
No operator runs it from in the cab. Right now it’s just a toggle switch taped to the joystick. Push one way to extend cylinder push other to retract it. Cylinder is super fast so it outruns the falling weight. Will find a joystick that has a toggle built in just didn’t have time for that.

I think I got it figured out, it's something like "how many pounds can you move a foot with one instantaneous blow"

so, maybe like 50? swinging a sledge against a rock on the ground
Isn't like the weight of the object times the velocity or some shit?

Started on the preparation for the concrete and insulation of the storage shed. I cleaned it out and dad buried 2 floor drains. Will have 3” of pitch in 25’ to each of the drains.

I need to run wire to our 6 20 amp each outlets on the south wall. I figure I can park 6 dump trucks in here at a angle. That way they can come out one at a time.

I’m gonna try 3” of spray foam on the walls and ceiling just for the fact it will be done in a day or two and won’t need tin work. That will be a someday project. It will also seal up some of the small holes in the tin on the south and west end that happened when the tornado came through and wrecked all my shit across the road.
67787480-04E1-42A6-990A-3813846D6DDE.jpeg

Last edited:
just gonna let the drains percolate?
No they will be piped outside the building. A French drain in the building is no good incase a oil spill or something like that. Just incase it needs to get dug up. If it need to get dug up outside no big deal.

Top Back Refresh