What's new

Panzers: I break rocks thread

Starting to get serious this morning. I like that high cab sk390. That would be good in the quarry other than the def bullshit.
IMG_9674.jpeg
IMG_9675.jpeg

A big tracked scalper and another tracked 100’ conveyor showed up.

IMG_9673.jpeg

Last edited:
Starting to get serious this morning. I like that high cab sk390. That would be good in the quarry other than the def bullshit.
IMG_9674.jpeg

We had a JD 3154 for a while at the last place. Extra clearance, and sittin a bit higher is nice. They were calling them a "road builder" Pretty stout machines

20201005_074322.jpg

Last edited:
hosting this show is supposed to help your wallet, not empty it:flipoff2:
lol it just adds a bunch of stuff to the wish list:homer:.

Like this guy that showed up. The big brother to my impactor. Only a cool $1,050,000:homer: 2x the money I spent on the impactor I just bought.

So much bigger!!!!

IMG_9679.jpeg

The dual screen is awesome!!! So much more screen tonnage capacity and the option to pull out a size clean product!!

IMG_9680.jpeg
IMG_9681.jpeg

I’m gonna call the guy putting on the show to change screens in that impactor to really show its abilities.

Yup. 1055 is a very common cutting edge material. It’s used in OEM buckets.
Appreciate the responses

Anything special I need to know welding 1055?

As mentioned will be using fluxcore, many tacks to get it in position and aligned, then clamp like hell and burn in small sections at a time to prevent warping, and destroying the temper. Grind, and call it good

Once again IBB comes through,

none of my local northern CO steel suppliers could fathom what I needed, so ended up with Coremark

Cutting Edge to custom lengths

Interesting tidbit - Shipping an 8' length from Minneapolis to Ft Collins - $650 for a $80 piece of steel (LTL freight)
Shipping on a 7' 8" length - $67.48 (UPS)
I went with 2 x 4' pieces at same shipping price as I need 7' 11" outside to outside

Should be right at $150 delivered to the office.

Thanks again, next project will be the teeth of the backhoe bucket

Starting to like the tracked units a lil more?
For the play time projects:lmao:. For the real deal ones no.

For recycle they work good. The pull in one machine and get it done asap. Need to make 40,000 ton of base and 30,000 ton breaker stone no way not the project for them.

Appreciate the responses

Anything special I need to know welding 1055?

As mentioned will be using fluxcore, many tacks to get it in position and aligned, then clamp like hell and burn in small sections at a time to prevent warping, and destroying the temper. Grind, and call it good
I don’t think we do anything special as far as wire or gas or anything like that, but I don’t deal with that stuff.

You will want to bevel the top and bottom if you are going to join two pieces to make a long piece.

I do know that the edges tend to warp into a smile shape during welding. We do some different things with weld sequences to minimize it but it’s very common to need to straighten the edge after welding. If I were you I would use a chain come-along to preload the edge before you weld it.

lol it just adds a bunch of stuff to the wish list:homer:.

Like this guy that showed up. The big brother to my impactor. Only a cool $1,050,000:homer: 2x the money I spent on the impactor I just bought.

So much bigger!!!!

IMG_9679.jpeg

The dual screen is awesome!!! So much more screen tonnage capacity and the option to pull out a size clean product!!

IMG_9680.jpeg
IMG_9681.jpeg

I’m gonna call the guy putting on the show to change screens in that impactor to really show its abilities.
Looks like a bit better machine set up than the powerscreens iv been around, reminds me of the smaller rubble master.
Do these have to stop crushing to reposition the machine?

That impactor is super cool. The Swedes or finlanders whoever designed it did an awesome job packaging this thing. I was gonna have it just make a 1.25” base product but after driving it around today they are gonna put 3” screens on the top deck and 1.25” screens on the bottom.
Then the screen box slides down on rollers so just the overs of the top deck go to the recycling conveyor to get whacked again by the rotor.

Then they will swing the second conveyor out shoving the end of it under the screen box to catch the 3”x1.25” breaker stone and shoot it out on a separate pile.

Then like always the 1.25” minus will go out the end conveyor. There is only one other brand that can do that and should look pretty impressive and show off what the machine can do for the big wigs.

Looks like a bit better machine set up than the powerscreens iv been around, reminds me of the smaller rubble master.
Do these have to stop crushing to reposition the machine?
Yes I believe so. My smaller one definitely has to be shut down before moving it.

I don’t think we do anything special as far as wire or gas or anything like that, but I don’t deal with that stuff.

You will want to bevel the top and bottom if you are going to join two pieces to make a long piece.

I do know that the edges tend to warp into a smile shape during welding. We do some different things with weld sequences to minimize it but it’s very common to need to straighten the edge after welding. If I were you I would use a chain come-along to preload the edge before you weld it.
Just weld some scrap angle iron from the lip assembly to the top of the bucket in a few spots to keep it from bowing when you weld it on. This is a light duty application.

Yes I believe so. My smaller one definitely has to be shut down before moving it.
Powerscreens are diesel over hydraulic drives to and they have shut down, rubble master is diesel over electric drives other than the tracks with wireless they are small but wireless remote is pretty nice

Powerscreens are diesel over hydraulic drives to and they have shut down, rubble master is diesel over electric drives other than the tracks with wireless they are small but wireless remote is pretty nice
These are all diesel over hydraulic. The klemanns are diesel over electric.

Top Back Refresh