What's new

Panzers: I break rocks thread

careful you don't make the mistake of valuing your time in last year's dollars

not a chance.

did you miss where I said that little rake is $2k. that little 30 bucket is going for $2k aswell. the other 3 buckets are for a customer I let name their price when they pick up, so I don't know what i'm getting for them yet (he's always more than fair, and he's been waiting almost year for me to start these). cash only for all of them no uncle scam.

keeping the kiddos out of the woke public schools aint cheap, I gotta keep my rates up.

I keep it to dirt work in this thread, and thats mostly what comes up on this site, but for the last ~3yrs I do more $$ work on boats. the next month i'll be on a boat that hauls 1.2 million pounds of fish every time it pulls the net in (and will reset in 45min). around here if you know your shit and can get cleared to work in the yards... you can name your price to get them back to the fishing grounds on time. so far all my work on this boat is 316ss easy, fun stuff, by the end of the month who knows, but I wouldnt doubt 80-90hr weeks.

it always surprises me when a small time shop like me can compete with a large facility that makes buckets, etc.. there is decent money in it. not great, but I get my hourly rate or better. building grizzly bar screens doesn't come up as often but is much better money.

I make buckets mostly in 30,50, and 100 sizes but have done bigger. I did allot of them when I was starting out 7ish years ago. but I haven't made a bucket for years. until recently some local places don't have the right sizes and the costs have gone up allot.

you don't need a press brake or anything crazy like that. just a plas table a band saw and welder. a bucket for the 50ton machine would be 2" mold bar, bit stuff that I would order all pre cut and formed from supplier.

right now I have two 100 size, and one 30 size(the one being fit) one 50 size bucket i'm building and a small rake (built awhile ago as a teaching lesson, its just getting ears for a kabota coupler, local place wants $2k for a rake:eek:) spent yesterday cutting and today i hope to have them all fit up. I've got a guy that will come in to weld them out. I price them based on what they go for locally plus a little more... my buckets are better, thicker and more wear bars, and make them with their company logos and odd sizes no problem.

gyAAaalpaq7EA9mM6ef8N=w799-h599-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

building the real big buck might not make since just because I highly doubt i'd build another. so the time and figuring in to the cuts etc could kill profit. if I had the files already done i'd likely build it.

Having experience building buckets is a different thing, I was assuming you were just thinking about doing it. If you have somebody that likes running a MiG gun for hours on end and have the parts cutting part figured out I could see doing it as fill in work.

What a fucking week. This show is getting to be a little more than anticipated. I spent the last 2 days getting their shit all to work:homer:. I’m not sure how I got put in charge but I was sick of seeing nothing happen.

The cone they brought was brand new and never been started in 2 years so there was a day and a half of gremlins in that thing alone. The engineer from sandvik knew what he was doing but doesn’t have the practical side of the equation nor the hurry up and get this fixed because we have shit standing around.

I jumped in and started helping him aka pushing him to get this fucker fixed so we can run. Ended up being 2 Herschman connections wired up wrong, 2 control wires that were swapped and an extra wire run in the panel.

we finally got it running today. Monday if we run all day it will be fully bedded and be able to run 100%.

After it was running for a hour the 300hp motor decided to weld the peckerhead cover down:homer:. The damn high schoolers who wired the taps together didn’t do a good job because they wore through the tape and shorted out. Once again 6 guys watched me fix this problem correctly :homer:. That involved tons of splice tape, electrical tape zip ties and inner tubes:lmao:.

Then the mechanics were having problems with a screen plant conveyor not working. They spent a half day trying to figure it out. I walk over there inbetween the cone issues and spend 10 mins looking at it. I hit the lever for the dust suppression water pump and told them to try it again . Well sure shit she worked like a champ:smokin::smokin::lmao:. Only reason I knew to do that is it did the same thing on my impactor this winter. Sad thing is the mechanic who was up there with me was also working on that screen. Of course I give him a huge high five as I walk away:lmao:.

Jesus fuck. I talked to the guy in charge of the show tonight and told him I’m gonna move stuff around again this weekend so we can load the cone up to 100% for the sandvik guy and still make material I need next week for a road project. Need to have 3000 ton of 3” with fines made by Wednesday so this shit needs to work. It will be how I get compensated for all my help. They are paying for all the fuel used so I’m taking advantage of this as much as I can.

I didnt even take many pictures. Maybe this weekend I’ll spend a bit and grab some for you guys. I can’t wait till this shit is over and can get back to worrying just about my shit. :lmao:

Only two pictures I took this week :homer:

A picture of a drill for the guys who do my drilling and blasting. I was trying to get him to ask for a demo of that drill and have him drill a pattern for me for free :lmao:. Didn’t quite get him to bite on that yet. He did offer to lay it out if they were gonna do some drilling.

IMG_9700.jpeg

Here is the double screen in the sand pit. Pretty awesome machine. 2 separate screen boxes you can adjust the angle on independently. First box a ton of angle to get the fines through it the second box flatter to clean it up. I’m gonna put my stacker on it so we can have a scale to see what this thing is running for tons/hr. I’m thinking it’s doing over 300 for 3/8” minus in a square hole screen which is pretty awesome for an all in one plant .
IMG_9705.jpeg

Last edited:
being the guy that solves the problems best/ fast is probably the most motivating things I can think of on a job. being self employed at least, being an employee sure can take the fun out of it at some jobs.

sounds like a good week.

Hope you can talk them into drilling a pattern..... our driller and a couple crusher guys are heading down your way for the show. We're in the market for another drill.
Perfect opportunity. Have your guys request a demo. Can't seriously buy without watching it work.

Panzer conveniently has a pattern ready. They drill, Panzer wins. The 'ol Irate two step.

Pictures

Sand screener. Will be neat to see the tonnage it makes. I put my stacker on top that had a belt scale on it.
IMG_9708.jpeg

7-8-9-1121 loaders. A 1021 will be here tomorrow.

IMG_9710.jpeg

The slow speed grinder.

IMG_9715.jpeg

IMG_9713.jpeg
IMG_9711.jpeg

Not sure what they use them for but it’s pretty scary. Says it’s the primary stage for a grinder. Saves a ton of fuel over a high speed grinder.

I want to try this little skid steer drop hammer. See what it can actually break.

IMG_9714.jpeg

Drills. Know nothing about them. The little one on the right is the size they use to drill my shit. The guys I hire use a Epirock drill.
IMG_9716.jpeg

A bigger brother to my tracked impactor. The 2 deck screen is pretty cool. It can make 2 sized products at the same time.
IMG_9718.jpeg

This is the finish screen on the cone/jaw plant. I closed the circuit today so the oversize will go around until it’s 3/4” minus.
IMG_9719.jpeg

This is the jaw and scalper. The scalper is making my 3” with fines that I have sold next week.
IMG_9720.jpeg

You can tell what is my shit cause it doesn’t fit :lmao:.

The computer on that cone is pretty sweet. It will constantly adjust to keep the css the same as the mantle wears off. It tells you how much hp you are using all the pressures and temps.

IMG_9722.jpeg

Another tracked scalper which will be screening out of the bank.

IMG_9723.jpeg

Supposed to be a topsoil trommel showing up tomorrow.

We also use epiroc, and a couple old atlas copco's for the really hard to get to places. The drill on the right looks like ours, the one on the left doesn't swing/rotate, probably works great in flat quarries, which we know nothing about.... here's a pick of one of our quarries, find Waldo... hint, he's in hi-vis on the second bench
IMG_20230628_132008986.jpg

We also use epiroc, and a couple old atlas copco's for the really hard to get to places. The drill on the right looks like ours, the one on the left doesn't swing/rotate, probably works great in flat quarries, which we know nothing about.... here's a pick of one of our quarries, find Waldo... hint, he's in hi-vis on the second bench
IMG_20230628_132008986.jpg
Who do you use for powder? If it’s Nobel you probably know my Bil :lmao:

A bigger brother to my tracked impactor. The 2 deck screen is pretty cool. It can make 2 sized products at the same time.
IMG_9718.jpeg

This is the finish screen on the cone/jaw plant. I closed the circuit today so the oversize will go around until it’s 3/4” minus.
IMG_9719.jpeg

This is the jaw and scalper. The scalper is making my 3” with fines that I have sold next week.
IMG_9720.jpeg

You can tell what is my shit cause it doesn’t fit :lmao:.

The computer on that cone is pretty sweet. It will constantly adjust to keep the css the same as the mantle wears off. It tells you how much hp you are using all the pressures and temps.

IMG_9722.jpeg

Another tracked scalper which will be screening out of the bank.

IMG_9723.jpeg

Supposed to be a topsoil trommel showing up tomorrow.

So how many dollars sitting on the ground for the show, and how much of the circus are you supposed to keep spinning at the same time?

So how many dollars sitting on the ground for the show, and how much of the circus are you supposed to keep spinning at the same time?
Go to be 6-7 million or so maybe more. Gonna keep it all going:homer:. Only be 4 hours each day but still will be fun. Didn’t realize by letting them do this I would have to keep the shit show going. Problem is the dealer has zero idea how to keep it going. Even my dad who was the one who convinced me to do this said this is becoming way bigger deal for us than anticipated.

My guys will each get a machine and will
Keep the shit going.

Impactor 1,050,000
Double screen 400,000ish each
Cone has to be 800,000 ish
Jaw 500,000ish
Open flow screens 350,000 each
Stackers 150,000 each

Million in loaders
Million in excavators

Grinder who knows.
Drills are probably close to a million each

Lots of money.

Oh boy, family feud. He does a great service for us, but we aren't your typical animal..... we drill and blast more tons a year than most make total in crushed product. He's able to provide enough emulsion for 60-70k ton blasts, which we'd be lucky to pull off 20k ton with orca, do to our remote location.

What a fucking week. This show is getting to be a little more than anticipated. I spent the last 2 days getting their shit all to work:homer:. I’m not sure how I got put in charge but I was sick of seeing nothing happen.

The cone they brought was brand new and never been started in 2 years so there was a day and a half of gremlins in that thing alone. The engineer from sandvik knew what he was doing but doesn’t have the practical side of the equation nor the hurry up and get this fixed because we have shit standing around.

I jumped in and started helping him aka pushing him to get this fucker fixed so we can run. Ended up being 2 Herschman connections wired up wrong, 2 control wires that were swapped and an extra wire run in the panel.

we finally got it running today. Monday if we run all day it will be fully bedded and be able to run 100%.

After it was running for a hour the 300hp motor decided to weld the peckerhead cover down:homer:. The damn high schoolers who wired the taps together didn’t do a good job because they wore through the tape and shorted out. Once again 6 guys watched me fix this problem correctly :homer:. That involved tons of splice tape, electrical tape zip ties and inner tubes:lmao:.

Then the mechanics were having problems with a screen plant conveyor not working. They spent a half day trying to figure it out. I walk over there inbetween the cone issues and spend 10 mins looking at it. I hit the lever for the dust suppression water pump and told them to try it again . Well sure shit she worked like a champ:smokin::smokin::lmao:. Only reason I knew to do that is it did the same thing on my impactor this winter. Sad thing is the mechanic who was up there with me was also working on that screen. Of course I give him a huge high five as I walk away:lmao:.

Jesus fuck. I talked to the guy in charge of the show tonight and told him I’m gonna move stuff around again this weekend so we can load the cone up to 100% for the sandvik guy and still make material I need next week for a road project. Need to have 3000 ton of 3” with fines made by Wednesday so this shit needs to work. It will be how I get compensated for all my help. They are paying for all the fuel used so I’m taking advantage of this as much as I can.

I didnt even take many pictures. Maybe this weekend I’ll spend a bit and grab some for you guys. I can’t wait till this shit is over and can get back to worrying just about my shit. :lmao:

Only two pictures I took this week :homer:

A picture of a drill for the guys who do my drilling and blasting. I was trying to get him to ask for a demo of that drill and have him drill a pattern for me for free :lmao:. Didn’t quite get him to bite on that yet. He did offer to lay it out if they were gonna do some drilling.

IMG_9700.jpeg

Here is the double screen in the sand pit. Pretty awesome machine. 2 separate screen boxes you can adjust the angle on independently. First box a ton of angle to get the fines through it the second box flatter to clean it up. I’m gonna put my stacker on it so we can have a scale to see what this thing is running for tons/hr. I’m thinking it’s doing over 300 for 3/8” minus in a square hole screen which is pretty awesome for an all in one plant .
IMG_9705.jpeg
We Had a rubble master scalper screen on demo, that had under 10 hours on it. It was packing material up at the top of the deck and feed belt. Dealer couldnt figure out what was wrong with it, I got pulled over to that job fixed it with a sharpy and a cresant wrench, screen drive was plumbed backward from the factory.

Pictures

Sand screener. Will be neat to see the tonnage it makes. I put my stacker on top that had a belt scale on it.
IMG_9708.jpeg

7-8-9-1121 loaders. A 1021 will be here tomorrow.

IMG_9710.jpeg

The slow speed grinder.

IMG_9715.jpeg

IMG_9713.jpeg
IMG_9711.jpeg

Not sure what they use them for but it’s pretty scary. Says it’s the primary stage for a grinder. Saves a ton of fuel over a high speed grinder.

I want to try this little skid steer drop hammer. See what it can actually break.

IMG_9714.jpeg

Drills. Know nothing about them. The little one on the right is the size they use to drill my shit. The guys I hire use a Epirock drill.
IMG_9716.jpeg
Aluminum driveshafts play hell on those shredders

Random question, how much do you charge for 22a road gravel? Just saw 20 w/ delivery within 20 miles go for 500+ at a wildlife banquet. I need some fill and something for my camp road and thought it was way cheaper.

Random question, how much do you charge for 22a road gravel? Just saw 20 w/ delivery within 20 miles go for 500+ at a wildlife banquet. I need some fill and something for my camp road and thought it was way cheaper.
I would assume that’s like our 3/4” dense base. $275 a load delivered:homer:

The big guys in town kinda ruin the market for road gravel. They make 3” railroad ballast and the gravel is just a waste. They sell it way too cheap.

Tomorrow is the first of the big day. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. I think we got most of the bugs worked out of everything. Got to talk to a big wig from sandvik today for a while. He flew in from England for this. Nice actually talking to people who share the same interests in crushing rock as I do.

Tomorrow is the first of the big day. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. I think we got most of the bugs worked out of everything. Got to talk to a big wig from sandvik today for a while. He flew in from England for this. Nice actually talking to people who share the same interests in crushing rock as I do.
Really enjoy your posts. Best of luck for the show

Last saw Sandvik on the goldmines and mine dump reclamations in South Africa. Decades ago.

Really enjoy your posts. Best of luck for the show

Last saw Sandvik on the goldmines and mine dump reclamations in South Africa. Decades ago.
Pretty interesting talking to them. They actually have 2 divisions of sandvik. One is sandvik stationary and sandvik mobiles. The stationary guys build the cones jaws impactors. The moblie guys buy the crushers from stationary then install them into the plants they build and design. We are like a bunch of siblings who don’t always get along lol.

I did harp on him that we want side load mobles. This feed with an excavator works ok but you run out of material so quick.

I took him for a tour of my plants to show him how I do it. I could have talked with him for hours.

Top Back Refresh