What's new

Panzers: I break rocks thread

Have him punch holes in the drops and use them as washers for all sorts of petty shit that doesn't deserve a real washer. :laughing:

Sure, it'll add maybe 10-15% job time but since it's already a "walk away and come back later" job it probably doesn't matter unless that pushes you from 2/day to 1/day or something.

My wife texted me today to be around when the mail comes. Evidently she gets a email of everything that is getting dropped off that day.

She said another letter from the irs should be in the mailbox.

Hallelujah the dumb fucks finally got my 63,360.58 bill cleared up. The writing of a letter to the agency who came only be contacted by mail, who goes through the w2’s and 941’s finally did the trick. Only 3 years,12+ hrs on hold and countless nights of no sleep later and it finally gets resolved.

There needs to be some kind of punishment for .gov employees fucking up

My wife texted me today to be around when the mail comes. Evidently she gets a email of everything that is getting dropped off that day.

She said another letter from the irs should be in the mailbox.

Hallelujah the dumb fucks finally got my 63,360.58 bill cleared up. The writing of a letter to the agency who came only be contacted by mail, who goes through the w2’s and 941’s finally did the trick. Only 3 years,12+ hrs on hold and countless nights of no sleep later and it finally gets resolved.

There needs to be some kind of punishment for .gov employees fucking up
Makes you think you should post the person assigned to your case’s name online. Glad it worked out, all’s well that ends well.

Makes you think you should post the person assigned to your case’s name online. Glad it worked out, all’s well that ends well.
That the problem. When you call you get a random person. The person who initially fucked up is a mystery. But it took like 10 different people trying to get it corrected.

I’m framing that letter and hanging it on the wall:lmao::homer:.

Popup Targets for small calibre rifles?
I used about 6 of them for hanging targets for my air rifle. Welded them to some old bike chain and hung from whatever random stand/tree I had

I still dunno what to do with the other 25 :homer: I was going to use some as big washers till it was pointed out they're hardened and my bits hated them. I may have used one more as a gusset for something

Getting some equipment moved. Guys brought a brand new trailer. This is what a $20,000 loader looks like sitting on a $206,000 trailer:lmao:. Said they bought the truck for $209,000 last year. $415,000 to make $150 a hour hauling equipment around :homer:.

If they didn’t have a 100+ fleet of their own equipment that constantly needs to be shuffled around they could never do that solely hauling for hire.

IMG_9650.jpeg

$20k for the loader? Whats wrong with it?
Nothing other than it has 25,000 hours on it. It’s my main feed loader. Once this big equipment gets high hours on it, it basically get down to scrap price. The guys who do enough work for these big guys buy new. Once they are done it’s only the guys like me who are interested in the big horses. That loader weighs 110,000#.

Now my it’s my $30,000 excavator's turn :lmao:

IMG_9651.jpeg

Yard is staring to pile up with equipment for the big show at the end of the month. I gotta hide all the other than case equipmnt when the show is happening.

Cat salesman called and asked if I want a bunch of new stuff hauled to the shop they are renting from me for that week. :lmao: Told them that probably wouldn’t be a good idea.
IMG_9652.jpeg

In the next week a shit ton of stuff will be showing up. 4 -5 excavators 6 -7 tracked plants a bunch more loaders. Should be neat.

The case salesman is helping us clean the pit up so only case equipment :lmao: I count 4 of mine in this picture.

IMG_9654.jpeg

Finally got the mini loader back in operation.

IMG_9655.jpeg

Yard is staring to pile up with equipment for the big show at the end of the month. I gotta hide all the other than case equipmnt when the show is happening.

Cat salesman called and asked if I want a bunch of new stuff hauled to the shop they are renting from me for that week. :lmao: Told them that probably wouldn’t be a good idea.
IMG_9652.jpeg

In the next week a shit ton of stuff will be showing up. 4 -5 excavators 6 -7 tracked plants a bunch more loaders. Should be neat.

The case salesman is helping us clean the pit up so only case equipment :lmao: I count 4 of mine in this picture.

IMG_9654.jpeg

Finally got the mini loader back in operation.

IMG_9655.jpeg
What's that bucket for? Very specific!

What's that bucket for? Very specific!

Thats the most important bucket:smokin:
It is the most important bucket!!! By far!!!

It’s used to shovel any spilling or carry back under the conveyors and crushers. That one is 10’ long 24” wide. Saves tons and tons of shoveling and the ripping of belts.

Getting some equipment moved. Guys brought a brand new trailer. This is what a $20,000 loader looks like sitting on a $206,000 trailer:lmao:. Said they bought the truck for $209,000 last year. $415,000 to make $150 a hour hauling equipment around :homer:.

If they didn’t have a 100+ fleet of their own equipment that constantly needs to be shuffled around they could never do that solely hauling for hire.

This seems like a conversation I had with my BIL a couple of years ago.

He has a small drilling business and currently just has wheeled rigs and a mini-ex that punches well above it's weight. He had the opportunity to get a 35ton excavator setup for 5' dia holes, which combined with his general engineering contractors license would let him drill cell towers and a myriad of other bigger boy stuff.

His hiccup was trucking, especially in CA when rigs have to get replaced all the time so you can't just run old stuff without 2 smogs/yr and a 1k mile limit.

It seemed like hiring out the transport was a no brainer. It moves to and from 2-10 times year at less than $3,000 per trip, just work the cost into the bid like you would have to a rig/trailer anyways and forgo the extra equipment to store/maintain. <$30,000 per year in trucking costs as an expense in perpetuity seems like it works out a lot better than buying a $300,000+ truck and trailer and then doing annual maintenance/reg costs on top. Especially if you have to replace it every 5-8 years based on the states whims since the resale market is trash.

That the problem. When you call you get a random person. The person who initially fucked up is a mystery. But it took like 10 different people trying to get it corrected.

I’m framing that letter and hanging it on the wall:lmao::homer:.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it might not be over. We had the IRS say we withheld taxes from an employee and didn’t turn it in. The thing is, we had no employees. All of our people were contract. Later we found out the employee was in New York. We told them there’s some mistake because we have no connection to NY. Eventually, we find out another company put down their EIN # with one digit wrong. (Our EIN #)

Got it all straightened out. Great right?

Next year, same thing. Go through the same process over 3 months. Done. Great?

You guess it. Next year, same thing. This went on for 6 years till we sold out.

It is the most important bucket!!! By far!!!

It’s used to shovel any spilling or carry back under the conveyors and crushers. That one is 10’ long 24” wide. Saves tons and tons of shoveling and the ripping of belts.
Gotcha! So you go in long ways, parallel to the belt?

Gotcha! So you go in long ways, parallel to the belt?
Underneath from the sides. Perpendicular to the belt direction travel. Needs to be long enough to reach completely under it. The far side is not always accessible with equipment. Need to be low because all the conveyors are low to the ground.

Finally making some money!! Crushing some asphalt gravel for the asphalt guys in their pit that butts up to mine.

Making a 5/8” screened sand a 3/4x3/8 stone and a 3/8 minus bitumen.

First time I have had it set up this way. Jaw feeding my 5x16 lippmann screen box that screens off the natural 5/8” screened sand. The rock goes to the Allis 6000 cone which is the primary cone breaking the 4-5” stone into 1.25” gravel. It then feeds my closed circuit eljay cone that takes it down to 3/4” minus. That gets dumped on the sandvik screen to split it 3/4-3/8 and 3/8 minus.

Works really good. The eljay is just humming along. That and the sandvik are the choke points in this operation.
IMG_9658.jpeg
IMG_9660.jpeg
IMG_9662.jpeg

A 100’ stacking conveyor showed up!! This is like Christmas only I only get to look at it for the next few weeks.

IMG_9667.jpeg

Ok when you say 5/8" screened sand what exactly is that? When you say sand I think sand like in a sandbox or on the beach. Is sand a generic term for a certain size or shape of aggregate?

When you say natural sand. it's the natural filler between the rocks in that hillside?

Ok when you say 5/8" screened sand what exactly is that? When you say sand I think sand like in a sandbox or on the beach. Is sand a generic term for a certain size or shape of aggregate?

When you say natural sand. it's the natural filler between the rocks in that hillside?
That’s the sand comming out of the bank.

The bank

IMG_9668.jpeg

The natural sand is everything less than 5/8” in this picture.

Question for you heavy equipment guys

I have a Deere 510 loader / backhoe

Front bucket needs a new front edge (the sacrificial edge on the front of the bucket)

What should I be using to replace that front cutting edge? Was thinking 3/8" x 2" wide x almost 8' long?

Should I be using some sort of hardened steel? Or mild and attempt to harden it with the gas axe and wet rag quench (how to do this along an 8' length?)

Or just run mild, and grind a basic bevel to the edge.

Machine is a 1984 or 1986 with about 3K hours on it now, sure looks like this is the original edge on the bucket.

If it makes a difference, this is up at the ranch, and I would prefer to use the small Lincoln with flux core (will be duty cycle limited) rather than drag the large Lincoln and giant bottle up the canyon

Any additional advice appreciated - especially ThePanzerFuhrer or Dethmachinefab

Really enjoy this thread so apologies for the minor derail

If it makes any difference

used for
snow clearing, driveway maintenance, moving sand, rock, and construction / landscape materials around on our ranch and neighbors property occasionally. Foothills of the rockies, so mud or dirt (or bentonite clay) over softish rock.

Your local steel yard should sell bulk cutting edge you can weld on and be done. It’s pre beveled.

Any most any steel you buy at the steel yard will not be able to be hardened as it does not have enough carbon in it.

Worst case you have them cut a hunk of ar450 the size you need out of plate and use that.

Question for you heavy equipment guys

I have a Deere 510 loader / backhoe

Front bucket needs a new front edge (the sacrificial edge on the front of the bucket)

What should I be using to replace that front cutting edge? Was thinking 3/8" x 2" wide x almost 8' long?

Should I be using some sort of hardened steel? Or mild and attempt to harden it with the gas axe and wet rag quench (how to do this along an 8' length?)

Or just run mild, and grind a basic bevel to the edge.

Machine is a 1984 or 1986 with about 3K hours on it now, sure looks like this is the original edge on the bucket.

If it makes a difference, this is up at the ranch, and I would prefer to use the small Lincoln with flux core (will be duty cycle limited) rather than drag the large Lincoln and giant bottle up the canyon

Any additional advice appreciated - especially ThePanzerFuhrer or Dethmachinefab

Really enjoy this thread so apologies for the minor derail

Top Back Refresh