What's new

*Official* Silver/Gold thread

I beat the silver drum, but this one feels different, pretty decent gains daily several days in a row while gold is making new highs
if anybody is thinking about getting into it, might want to buy some silver on a down day and forget about it for a while

Gold at $2,341. Damn. Wonder if it will approach $2500 or more this year.

What is everyone's strategy during these price climbs? Wait it out and avoid the panic buying until there's some baseline or falls again, or buy it now while it's "cheap" anticipating the climb to continue long term?

I'm wondering the same thing. Leaning towards purchasing a grip more of silver now...

Why are metals rising so quickly? That's the question I want answered. Silver has been on a very slow rise for a long time, and suddenly goes up $2.50 per once in 5 days?

What changed?

Metal has been lagging thr dollar and other commodities.

Mild steel has been a better 5 year investment than silver. Fucking wild.

I have wild conspiracies surrounding silver, from its a small enough market that a big boy, a big bank, or a big family could suppress the price long enough and low enough to corner the market for a giant payday.

If you look at the historical gold silver ratio of 15 to 1, we're at 85-1, so silver has huge catch up potential on that alone. Gold is at all time highs, the last "big run up" was in 2011, silver had one too, to $49, so gold is making all time highs, but silver is still at about 55% of all time high?

Now going further, today's gold prices are low compared to 2011 with inflation.

What happened? Bitcoin, and all the crypto.

Imo all that shit is a ponzi created to back up the usd (and other foreign fiats) by sucking it out of circulation, and steering prudent money away from metals. It reeks of tulipmania to me

I read an interesting article about digital "products" and inflation, that basically anything digital hides inflation by taking that money from the consumer leaning them feeling like they got something of value for their labor.

But you don't actually have to have your $4 compete with another consumers $4 at blockbuster so you can rent a movie that night. If they're printing like mad, blockbuster would raise their prices to $9, and consumers would be pissed off and demand pay increases and actually get off the couch and hold politicians and bankers accountable.

But they can still stream it for $4 on Friday night and think they are living the good life, so they show up to work on Monday.

Imo crypto is the same thing to metals

I think metals will grind higher, buy some on a down day, put it away and forget about it until everybody is talking about it, then check it.

At some point silver will hit $50 for the 3rd time in history, there will be selling, I'll sell 25-33% of mine and go back to forgetting about it.

At some point whoever has been keeping their thumb on the price won't be able to hold it down anymore, or, they decide to cash in, and let it rip. At that point I see it going back to 15-1, and then metals will just be a hedge against inflation. After the "new price" is established, I'll be a lot less interested, and will look for other stuff to invest in.

Tldr

I'm a silver fanboi. Buy some on a down day and forget about it

I think metals have been manipulated down for a long time. I really feel like they are still way under priced. The dollar is getting shakier all the time. The end result is people have to put their money somewhere. The stock market is still good but there is a problem in that if Biden were to steal the election again, there is a different investment strategy than if Trump wins. So a lot of big investors are wanting to hold back, but they still don’t want to hold dollars. So they are buying metals and BTC. After the election, I expect the price to go down somewhat. I still doubt you will ever see gold below $2,000 again.

The money going into metals is causing a problem for manipulators, hence the price increase. The way they are manipulating the price down is with “paper gold”. If the price goes up enough, some big boys offering paper gold might fail. If that were to happen, it would cause a run on gold that hasn’t occurred in history. Probably causing all paper gold outlets to fail. If you own physical gold, it will be a dream come true.

I’m not saying gold is a sure thing to make money, but I do feel that everybody should own some. Do you need to own 10 guns? No, but if you don’t own any when you need one, it’s a serious problem. The same goes for gold.

I’m not saying gold is a sure thing to make money, but I do feel that everybody should own some. Do you need to own 10 guns? No, but if you don’t own any when you need one, it’s a serious problem. The same goes for gold.

The best mindset with gold is you don't buy it to make money; you buy it so you have something left after every else, including the dollar, collapses.

Also, we're looking at the united states and pricing precious metals in usd, any other currency can go into crisis creating demand that raises the price on the global market, so there's a million possibilities

At some point whoever has been keeping their thumb on the price won't be able to hold it down anymore, or, they decide to cash in, and let it rip.
that's the day the USD collapses
some big finance cabal type thing sells off all their stocky sortsa stuff paper equities and such and buys silver with their proceeds

which is to say among other things; don't really worry too much about it, when it happens you're going to have much larger things to worry about than your life savings being stolen

What is everyone's strategy during these price climbs?
I dunno man, hell, I even regret buying some when spot had dipped to like 18, because the premium just plastered over the dip, think I still paid like 21 or so bucks an ounce
might be worthwhile to play with buying and selling paper metal on those sorts of events, but then again you're probably better off playing with stocks and shit directly rather than paper commodities

Israel is burning money like crazy and people can't figure out why sliver and gold pricing are climbing :homer:

Metals moving up again other than when the Hunt brothers tried to corner the market in 1980 with Silver it has never been this high at the same time gold hits a new high almost every day.

Looks to be a better ride then anything in the " Teacher of the year" thread !

What's in your stack ?

What is everyone's strategy during these price climbs? Wait it out and avoid the panic buying until there's some baseline or falls again, or buy it now while it's "cheap" anticipating the climb to continue long term?
buy everything you can now !

Metals moving up again other than when the Hunt brothers tried to corner the market in 1980 with Silver it has never been this high at the same time gold hits a new high almost every day.

Looks to be a better ride then anything in the " Teacher of the year" thread !

What's in your stack ?

April 2011 would like a word, hit 49oz on a Friday afternoon, was 40 by Monday

I sold a chunk that Friday and bought another work truck:smokin:

I bought at 26 and 28 so I’m thrilled that I’m in the black. I’d sell half at 50 if it goes there.

Because I bought in at near previous highs, I’ll never buy when it’s climbing again. :lmao:

Somewhat off topic question.

Say someone needed to transport a fair amount of gold and/or silver coins (over $10k based on current prices) from one coast to the other and they were going to be flying vs driving cross country, what would be the best way to do it?

How much can you fly with before getting fucked by the tsa ? I know they get all in your shit if you fly with like over $10k cash.

Would shipping it overnight via UPS and insured work?

I know I've bought stuff online and it shipped but it was usually under $1000

Top Back Refresh