What's new

*Official* Silver/Gold thread

Is it time to take some profits on silver and gold?

To just put paper money in the box in the back of the closet? I wouldn't.

To buy something you need to grow your business or pay off a 17% loan, probably not a bad idea, or sell half and let the rest ride

Reactions: PAE
Eggzactlly...

To trade it for something that has been losing value since it was created ?

To just put paper money in the box in the back of the closet? I wouldn't.

To buy something you need to grow your business or pay off a 17% loan, probably not a bad idea, or sell half and let the rest ride

good chance i sell some 90% silver soon to fund a big new shed
it'll probably drop to $25 by the time I'm ready

good chance i sell some 90% silver soon to fund a big new shed
it'll probably drop to $25 by the time I'm ready
and shoot to the moon once you've sold

Got a pile of copper I've been thinking about hauling in before the inevitable dip, but I dunno just how imminent that is

there is no how imminent, there is only imminent

so glad i sold all my bullion in 2011, i was worried about the imminent valley comin...

and shoot to the moon once you've sold
yep. sold off my remaining BTC around $20k. then it jumpt to $60k or whatever its at now, 2 months later

Wish you were closer since you’re already mentally prepared to take $25 :lmao:
it'll sit in teh safe at $25. but at $31, maybe a couple grand in the pocket would be nice. I shipped a bunch of rolls when I sold some 2-3 years back, I just always bought the extra insurance and used extra tape

At what point? Buy back in and increase your position
Bought gold at $17-1800 - sold at ~2411. bought silver between 27-28, sold at 30+.
I did not buy a lot, but for a short term run it made me just under 3k in about a year.

Metals, like everything else, respond to pressure, and I saw the pressure dropping.
Everything is so overpriced, even metals, that I am now waiting for used trucks to bottom out and flood the market.

Bought gold at $17-1800 - sold at ~2411. bought silver between 27-28, sold at 30+.
I did not buy a lot, but for a short term run it made me just under 3k in about a year.

Metals, like everything else, respond to pressure, and I saw the pressure dropping.
Everything is so overpriced, even metals, that I am now waiting for used trucks to bottom out and flood the market.

Interesting take. I have always wondered why gold goes down with the stock market. It would seem to me that it would go up because people are dumping their money in it instead of stock. It was explained to me that when the Stock goes down, people sell gold to make their margin call. The same would apply to BTC and other commodities. This time BTC went down with stock, but gold stayed high. Very curious. Could it be people are getting afraid of a coming economic slide and are selling less trusted commodities (BTC) to make their margin, but are holding gold in case this is the “big one”.

Fear drives many things, including buying gold.

My quick take was that when Trump had the election in the bag and Biden was clearly senile, a lot of pressure dropped. The markets and individuals relaxed a bit. They felt less compelled to hang onto gold, and more likely to look for other bargains.

I think the pressure will return, but I am no sage.

I’ve always said that when gold goes drastically up in price, all the “paper Gold” places will go out of business. I just didn’t think $2400 was enough to do it.

I’ve always said that when gold goes drastically up in price, all the “paper Gold” places will go out of business. I just didn’t think $2400 was enough to do it.

I don't know what the price on the screen will be, but a reminder to the masses, there's about 300x as many claims on these allocated metals, as there are allocated metals.

This is a known fact, and it is "legal".

Probably because it waters down the actual price of the physical metal in paper dollars, or making the paper dollars appearing stronger than they are.

The bankers buying politicians and keeping two symbiotic scams running side by side

Imo physical precious metals are artificially suppressed and the buy of a lifetime

53 years ago today

a49d714a-d38e-4a37-b2fb-5e1fb649.jpg

Top Back Refresh