What's new

*Official* Silver/Gold thread

half the country doesn't know what a woman is.

Our civilization will rip itself to shreds before it advances enough that you'll see asteroid mining.

Is inventing and manufacturing the tools of ones own extinction a sign of stability and rationality?
dunno bro
maybe we'll see some people escaping this gravity well while the retards get left behind
I mean we got some space shit going on while there are plenty of retards still trying to overpopulate africa with food aid

heinlein had a good bit on colonization efforts having a strong selection pressure, how the lazy and stupid will always stay behind and those willing to work will find themselves moving toward opportunities

panned down another 5-gallon bucket's worth of the soft rocks I took outta the basement

tons of pyrite, tons of black sand
I'm pretty sure I saw one tiny spec of gold in there, but it moved around in the pan too easy, it went into the babyfood jar of blacksand anyways

many hours of effort for about a penny's worth of gold
lol

Gold at $2,167 an ounce.
I saw that. Gold and bit coin are both at highest level. I think this is the first time I ever was holding two things that are at their highest level. Every time I buy something, it seems to crash. At least in the case of gold, I bought some after it went down to $1100. I didn’t buy any bit coin at $16,000. (I did buy at $28,000)

Goldback. Anyone investing in this? Thoughts?

My work buddy decided to burn a couple hundred just to see what it was about. It is valid currency in some states.

I mostly invest in brass, lead, and Silver...This may be a new option considering the potential fall of the Dollar.

20240308_103215.jpg

My work buddy decided to burn a couple hundred just to see what it was about. It is valid currency in some states.

I mostly invest in brass, lead, and Silver...This may be a new option considering the potential fall of the Dollar.

20240308_103215.jpg
That's fun

Seems worthwhile even if just for novelty.

20240308_103215.jpg
Kind of cool. I googled it and it has 1/1000 oz of gold in it. That translates to about $2. They sell for almost $5. Not that cool.

Yeah. Wowza. They want like double the price per ounce for those things on the bottom end :rasta: that really defeats the purpose of it all :laughing:

Almost makes it work it to get a press and bars, melt out and foil your own

Why the optimism? I thought metals went up when inflation climbed but was wrong. Does it tail and go up after?
The precious metal market is being manipulated because the currency market is being manipulated.
Just because paper silver/gold is trading at a certain price does not mean thats what physical is going to cost ya.

Ecspecially when JPMORGAN is heavily invested in shorting silver. Them fat cats can't be wrong.

Too big to fail and all that.

Where to buy?
If you want something special, I would go to APMEX. They have the best selection. But the mark up over spot is not that great. If you just want bullion, I’ve had good luck at pawn shops. Sometimes I’ve bought at spot. I will qualify my statement to say I only buy 1 ounce coins that are a “legal currency” from some country. My brothers like to buy “rounds”. I think they may be harder to sell in the future. Also, currency is less likely to be outlawed by a tyrannical government.

Where to buy?
Jmbullion or local coin shop is my go to. We also have a little chain that buys and sells metals, they melt stiff and will sell you an ingot, and have the $17k xrf gun right there to shoot out and give you the readings

I'd be a little leery of a pawn shop in case they inadvertently took in a fake.

Jmbullion or local coin shop is my go to. We also have a little chain that buys and sells metals, they melt stiff and will sell you an ingot, and have the $17k xrf gun right there to shoot out and give you the readings

I'd be a little leery of a pawn shop in case they inadvertently took in a fake.
If your going to buy much, I would buy one of those electronic gold testers. I bought a Isle of Mann “angel” one time and put it on the tester. It was “out of bounds” and I was all set to complain and then I looked it up on the net. The Angel is not 999 pure. I changed the settings on the tester and it passed. It really works good.

If your going to buy much, I would buy one of those electronic gold testers. I bought a Isle of Mann “angel” one time and put it on the tester. It was “out of bounds” and I was all set to complain and then I looked it up on the net. The Angel is not 999 pure. I changed the settings on the tester and it passed. It really works good.

I'll check that out, but I'm pretty much done buying.

I bought a sizable amount of 90% coins from a guy on Craigslist, then later learned that you can buy buckets of fake quarters and dimes on alibaba and had a hard time sleeping till I got them zapped with an xrf gun. I didn't get fucked, but could have

I'll check that out, but I'm pretty much done buying.

I bought a sizable amount of 90% coins from a guy on Craigslist, then later learned that you can buy buckets of fake quarters and dimes on alibaba and had a hard time sleeping till I got them zapped with an xrf gun. I didn't get fucked, but could have
kinda funny the really nice fakes are machined out and a slug of tungsten is inserted
they gotta cut up two real coins to do it to get the faces, but it still works out to a profit on 1oz gold stuff

XRF will say they're good but just like a cracked bench grinder wheel they don't ring

XRF will say they're good but just like a cracked bench grinder wheel they don't ring
I don’t know what the principal of my electronic tester is. It’s supposed to test to a .050” depth with the wand. I think the spot you lay a coin on is better that that. As far as tungsten, a scale and a micrometer would show you that.

I don’t know what the principal of my electronic tester is. It’s supposed to test to a .050” depth with the wand. I think the spot you lay a coin on is better that that. As far as tungsten, a scale and a micrometer would show you that.
Pretty sure tungsten is damn near a match to gold volume wise.

Nope, very very similar

Well tungsten in projectiles attracts a magnet so good chance that it would be detected in a gold bar.

Top Back Refresh