What's new

Musk and Twitter

You off your rocker?

I don't listen because i think he's a fuckin pig and i despise gluttony.
So you support those that wish to suppress free speech because you agree with them.

This ain't hard, you either do or you don't. Just be honest about it. :flipoff2:

People should watch Tucker Carlson's interview with Alex Jones to see the real Alex, not just his flaws and mistakes that the media spent years amplifying and trying to make his identity.
micheal malice's jones interview about a year back is the one I'd recommend to people, not tucker's recent one

Listening to the Carlson Jones interview.

Interesting to hear how Tucker has changed. Not surprised he got the boot off mainstream media.

Biden going after Musk again???

Didn't Google fire a person for writing an open letter re: DEI?

1704399483705.png

Didn't Google fire a person for writing an open letter re: DEI?

google is on their side duh...

:flipoff2:

X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, purged an unknown number of prominent accounts over the last 24 hours with little to no explanation. The list includes popular accounts belonging to journalists, writers, and podcasters. Among them are Ken Klippenstein of the Intercept, writer and podcaster Rob Rousseau, Texas Observer correspondent Steven Monacelli, the account for TrueAnon, a left-wing politics and news podcast, and a number of others. One thing the accounts had in common was recent criticisms of the Israeli government.

The Information reported late Monday that Tesla's Rebecca Tinucci, senior director of the electric vehicle maker's Supercharger business, and Daniel Ho, head of its new vehicles program, are leaving effective immediately. The layoffs extend to the two leaders' teams, which account for at least 500 additional staff now gone from the company's Supercharger and new vehicle programs. Reuters reports that Tesla's public policy team is also gone, which was previously led by former exec Rohan Patel, who was let go amid another round of company layoffs earlier this month. A couple of weeks ago, Tesla announced it was laying off up to 10 percent of its workforce; CNBC reported Tesla had a workforce of around 140,000 at the end of 2023.

Some perspective from a fintwit pov.

Why would you need a large supercharger team when they have already developed and implemented this successfully? This now becomes a continuous outbuild using the guidelines those folks came up with.

Stock was oversold so you could argue it has returned to mean value. TSLA earnings and forecast was nothing to brag about. Heck stocks reporting beat and beat are getting slaughtered because their forecast is not as optimistic as the market expects

Market took Musk canceling a trip to meet with Modi in India (next Tesla plant location for the cheap 3rd world car) to go meet with Xi in China instead. If Tesla gets approval for full autonomous driving in China (potentially before anywhere else) the stock will rip back to mid 250’s

Did not hurt that BYD had an awful 1st quarter

Tesla is not just a car company. As much as they are growing as a car company the real money is licensing the tech for the charger networks or getting OEM to adopt the Tesla standards (few Euros are holding out) and the IP on the self driving side. The amount of data they collect to drive development is more than all other US OEMs combined.

This “news” sucks for those losing their jobs but is actually good news for a company that needs to trim the fat. Notice he announced an investment into AI on the conference call that comes pretty close to what that Supercharger department would cost in the next 5 years. Just saying

People want their stock more than they want their cars.

Makes me wonder is tesla would be viable without stockholders....
Sure, that's how they started and grew.

Everyone uses stockholders, and every Corp would fail or downsize massively without them

Tesla wouldn't be viable without government subsidies and government carbon credit schemes

People want their stock more than they want their cars.

Makes me wonder is tesla would be viable without stockholders....
Probably viable but not a money printer. They don't have a lot of the legacy UAW bullshit that's dragging the other guys down and they did somehow manage to make EVs "cool" to a subset of the population whereas the legacy OEMs mostly crank out uncool compacts.

Passed Giga Texas yesterday and the Cyber Trucks are everywhere out there.

Probably viable but not a money printer. They don't have a lot of the legacy UAW bullshit that's dragging the other guys down and they did somehow manage to make EVs "cool" to a subset of the population whereas the legacy OEMs mostly crank out uncool compacts.
Yet. UAW and the current administration are desperately trying to get the union in Tesla.

Everybody is management.

"You there my good man are now manager of watching the machine put wheels on a Tesla."
Won't save a penny. The regulator will fine you anyway. The union will sue you anyway. And since you can't solve those people with $1 bullets you'll spend millions on $1k/hr lawyers to make them go away.

Top Back Refresh