What's new

Motortrend!

it looked like there massive wheel spacers on that thing... but then again, i know nothing about vettes
There are. Those wheels would have been fine on a stock Vette but not one with an 8+" wide body kit.

Dirt Every Day is a little goofy but I really enjoy watching Dave fabricate. I think he is the only one of these motor trend guys that I have learned tricks from and actually applied them to my own builds. He's always got some outside the box solutions and seems like he isn't afraid to dive in head first and tackle things. And the quality of his work is super impressive given the short amount of time he has to make it happen.
I have been around a number of impressive fabricators. Lots of guys that do really meticulous work. When Dave is filming dirt every day, he is the fastest fabricator I have ever seen. He picks up a piece of tube kind of looks at it, bends it and put it in place. It’s freaking unreal. I have never been to the shop where he works during the day, so I cannot comment on that but the work looks more high end there.

I have been around a number of impressive fabricators. Lots of guys that do really meticulous work. When Dave is filming dirt every day, he is the fastest fabricator I have ever seen. He picks up a piece of tube kind of looks at it, bends it and put it in place. It’s freaking unreal. I have never been to the shop where he works during the day, so I cannot comment on that but the work looks more high end there.

Dave has a day job outside of Motor trend?

As far as the vette, I give it a big meh, it's a ridiculous 70s car, with a ridiculous body kit, so ridiculous wheel spacers don't surprise me.

Maybe the plan is to actually widen the suspension and keep the wheels?

Dirt Every Day is a little goofy but I really enjoy watching Dave fabricate. I think he is the only one of these motor trend guys that I have learned tricks from and actually applied them to my own builds. He's always got some outside the box solutions and seems like he isn't afraid to dive in head first and tackle things. And the quality of his work is super impressive given the short amount of time he has to make it happen.
And he's not annoying to watch or listen to

Yeah he works for Diesel Power Products/Offroad Power Products. He builds and repairs their vehicles. He is building a hellcat ramcharger last I heard. He also built their Roxor.
did he used to have an exhaust shop? i thought i remember that from an older episode

I get that vibe too, I bet it doesn't pay much working for magazines

I get that vibe too, I bet it doesn't pay much working for magazines
Ehhhh sorta. My cousin and his wife have worked for magazines and publishers for 30+ years and they're both at national dragster currently. They have a kick ass place outside of LA, killer project cars that were built while he worked for Argus publishing or Super Chevy magazine and he's "working" at every big NHRA drag racing event so I'm sure life is rough for him.

But they have FUN!

I'm sure there are downs too.
EVERY JOB has it's ups and downs. I used to work in VFX for movies, people though "Man you must have the best job in the world, working on movies!". Yeah, no. Stupid long hours, zero creativity, and nothing but problem solving. I don't miss it.

Ehhhh sorta. My cousin and his wife have worked for magazines and publishers for 30+ years and they're both at national dragster currently. They have a kick ass place outside of LA, killer project cars that were built while he worked for Argus publishing or Super Chevy magazine and he's "working" at every big NHRA drag racing event so I'm sure life is rough for him.
I should switch careers again :lmao:

Rich in friendships and personality only.
My wife thinks Dave and Fred are super awkward as hosts. I find their dad/lame jokes hysterical. Definitely two guys I wouldn’t mind chatting with over some cold brews.

There’s only a couple guys that seem kind of douchy from Motortrend.

Leave her.
:lmao:

Yeah, right. She has more dad jokes than those two, is hot, cooks, cleans, and is pretty much perfect. Not happening.

Now, when she disses on Down or Pantera and compares them to Nickelback (obviously fucking with me), I get pretty close to considering it.

When I see folks like Bad Obsession Motorsport documenting their builds, I think "Man, that would make it take 10x longer to do ANYTHING"
BOM did an episode once where they put a stopwatch in frame when building a BS little bracket. It was eye opening, watching some of these shows will give you the impression that you are the slowest fabricator that ever lived.

You watch some of these shows and they cover a weeks worth of work in 30 seconds. Just the constant disassembly, reassembly and dry fitting takes up hours sometimes but it's too boring to show.

Attachments

• E5E87523-6A87-4C3B-8385-1F27C4A50442.jpeg
    E5E87523-6A87-4C3B-8385-1F27C4A50442.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 59
BOM did an episode once where they put a stopwatch in frame when building a BS little bracket. It was eye opening, watching some of these shows will give you the impression that you are the slowest fabricator that ever lived.

You watch some of these shows and they cover a weeks worth of work in 30 seconds. Just the constant disassembly, reassembly and dry fitting takes up hours sometimes but it's too boring to show.
The best made vehicles are dry fit together, taken apart painted plated and put back together. It is such a better way to do it then buy, paint, assemble.

The best made vehicles are dry fit together, taken apart painted plated and put back together. It is such a better way to do it then buy, paint, assemble.
I work on CJ-5s a lot, sometimes you can buy stuff specifically for them but even then you have to dry fit, modify, and problem solve before painting anything. Even if these parts would have worked on a fresh from the factory '74 they won't now after 40 years of the jeeps having the shit beat out of them. Sometimes the only replacement part available is from OMIX-ADA or Crown and you just plan a weekend of dicking around with it.

My wife has a sleeve of tattoos as well. She’s received many comments in public about hot Donna from Orange is the New Black. :laughing:

Attachments

• 9D52BFAF-0E67-420E-AFB2-037C4CCDED2B.jpeg
    9D52BFAF-0E67-420E-AFB2-037C4CCDED2B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 69
Top Back Refresh