What's new

Motortrend!

There are lots of good shows, it's all been said mostly. Fourwheelertv - I'm distracted by Ian's hair. It starts off ridiculous, then he is welding, now he is talking, with ridiculous hair again. Then he welds, and he has to re-gel his hair. He must take off the helmet and redo his hair 8 or 10 times in some episodes.

They should give that show to dave Chappelle

That, and he’ll like cut up a whole body to put in a JK chassis, pimp a bunch of product, then say it’s completed at the end of the episode when it’s clearly just barely sitting on the chassis. Builds span multiple episodes, but the stages are never close to done when he acts like they are.

That’s one awesome thing about DED. They beat on every single project.

now? pretty sure that was like episode 1 :laughing:

"huh, why is somebody welding while wearing fingernail polish and no gloves..."

later

"this is rose" deep man voice "yes, i fabricate stuff"

ahhh, i see why they had to go out of their way to point out the fingernail polish, nobody would have any way of knowing otherwise :lmao:

because literally nobody gives a fuck. hood down, weld on

Didn't notice it in any other episodes. Usually the show is on for background noise, but it has not gotten any better and now this.

Didn't notice it in any other episodes. Usually the show is on for background noise, but it has not gotten any better and now this.
We're talking that tall skinny thing that helped out in the last episode right? I never paid attention to what they called it, I was just thinking it was some tall skinny emo dude wearing eye liner. I didn't notice the nail polish either.:lmao:

That, and he’ll like cut up a whole body to put in a JK chassis, pimp a bunch of product, then say it’s completed at the end of the episode when it’s clearly just barely sitting on the chassis. Builds span multiple episodes, but the stages are never close to done when he acts like they are.

Thats a good point, they don't seem to ever 100% finish anything. They do the easy part and then say it's done when it still needs all the details. I haven't watched that many of his shows though. What's this, #4 or 5?

I like Ian, he seems like he'd be a fun guy to wheel with. I think the hair thing started out more normal, people made fun of him and instead of changing it to something normal, he just made it more and more ridiculous. He has more flair, which draws in more average people.

Ded is way better for people like us. My wife does enjoy it also, said their humor reminds her of mine.

I don't think we're the target audience for Fourwheeler TV anymore. Shit that Defender thing he's building has more $$$ tied up in the body and crate engine than most guys put in a whole rig.

Reactions: Clb
That damn r2.8. :laughing:

Pretty cool idea, and was smart of Cummins to do it, but damn hard pill to swallow for the average junk yard Joe.

What cracks me up is how all these shows and builds just "pick up l" one no big deal like one of us would pick up a $500 4.3 vortec :laughing:

That damn r2.8. :laughing:

Pretty cool idea, and was smart of Cummins to do it, but damn hard pill to swallow for the average junk yard Joe.

What cracks me up is how all these shows and builds just "pick up l" one no big deal like one of us would pick up a $500 4.3 vortec :laughing:
Maybe things are different on that side of the country but he sure seems to believe that cheap JKs and cheap JK parts just grow on trees too.

We're talking that tall skinny thing that helped out in the last episode right? I never paid attention to what they called it, I was just thinking it was some tall skinny emo dude wearing eye liner. I didn't notice the nail polish either.:lmao:
yes, exactly. :laughing: because if it they didn't go out of their way to make it "obvious" then nobody would know or care, so they wouldn't get social credits for their performance art. which is hollywood, so it's the place that performance art is expected and required

That's what I said earlier, She just hangs around to attract the millennial crowd I guess. Several posters jumped in to say what a great fabricator she was. If she is she hides it well on that show.
Not sure which chick you’re referring to, but keep in mind that most car people’s bar for a good fabricator is rock bottom compared to off-roaders

Not sure which chick you’re referring to, but keep in mind that most car people’s bar for a good fabricator is rock bottom compared to off-roaders
He's referring to Faye Hadley. Chick can do more than she does on that show, but I think the producers just brought her on to get younger dudes to watch the show. She really doesn't add anything to it.

He's referring to Faye Hadley. Chick can do more than she does on that show, but I think the producers just brought her on to get younger dudes to watch the show. She really doesn't add anything to it.
sure, i guess i believe you :laughing:

tried watching her all girls garage show and even my wife, who is generally pretty supportive of women in general, couldn't stand it. I dunno, the mythbusters show has an interesting premise, it will be interesting to see if it is able to endure while tripping over themselves for diversity and equity or if that sort of stuff will mild out with time , or if it will feel painfully dated in a year or two :laughing:

Faye is an ASE Master tech for what that's worth, though I've worked with plenty of those that couldn't fix a sandwich. Not much of that translates to the shit they do on the mythbusters show.

I had the MT app on our roku, but with slow internet, it never worked. I ditched it for the MT channel on amazon, seems to work fine, I think it's a little cheaper if you already have Amazon.

Did someone buy it? :laughing: how much do you even ask for something like that?

Ya, i have a 97 Cclb 7.3, I don't need another. But the one on 54s looked fun, dumb, but fun. :laughing:
Thanks I just got it on Amazon now. Its only 4.99 a month I waste more on stupider stuff all the time. Ive watched a few DED shows already they are great. Fred and Dave are good guys it looks like.

Did they ever make it over here yet?

Gotcha. I watched her Working from Home shows. She mostly seems to know what she’s doing.

Just now watched the first episode of motor Mythbusters.

Is it just me or are the odds of finding "some random old turbo" and it being a turbonetics brand, pretty low?

Just now watched the first episode of motor Mythbusters.

Is it just me or are the odds of finding "some random old turbo" and it being a turbonetics brand, pretty low?
well, they wanted to make sure it was both oversized and functional. can you really fault hollywood for being hollywood? :laughing:

Thanks I just got it on Amazon now. Its only 4.99 a month I waste more on stupider stuff all the time. Ive watched a few DED shows already they are great. Fred and Dave are good guys it looks like.

Did they ever make it over here yet?
If you are on Facebook they occasionally pop in to the Dirt Headz group (unofficial DED fanpage)

Attachments

• 6E9AC2C9-55F0-486E-9B83-B583BCC22D09.jpeg
    6E9AC2C9-55F0-486E-9B83-B583BCC22D09.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 26
Watching the hooptie world championship. I wasn't into it at first, but after watching a few episodes, it's pretty good. I like that every one is routing for each other, unlike reality shows where they create fake drama between teams.

The Subaru really should have never been in the show though, they're $10-14k, plus all the mods they did.

The Subaru really should have never been in the show though, they're $10-14k, plus all the mods they did.
For sure. Even if they knew people and got a killer deal on the car and kept it truly under budget it's a ringer entry 100%. Great show if you just ignore the Subaru. :lmao:

For sure. Even if they knew people and got a killer deal on the car and kept it truly under budget it's a ringer entry 100%. Great show if you just ignore the Subaru. :lmao:

Ya, I mean a guy could get a free wrc rally car, doesn't mean it fits the show. Not sure why they let the Subaru in. Most people would need near $20k to replicate it.

The 350z's were kinda pushing it too, but at least they looked like pieces of shit, the Subaru looked like he bought it from carmax.

I also thought it was funny that the Z with the blower seemed slower than the one without. :laughing:

Last edited:
Ya, I mean a guy could get a free wrc rally car, doesn't mean it fits the show. Not sure why they let the Subaru in. Most people would need near $20k to replicate it.

The 350z's were kinda pushing it too, but at least they looked like pieces of shit, the Subaru looked like he bought it from carmax.

I also thought it was funny that the Z with the blower seemed a lower than the one without. :laughing:
Indeed, at least the z car guys were all good sports and entertaining to watch even if a couple of them were pros.

Watching what Derrick and Alex went through was rough. It's too bad Derrick didn't spend time sorting that shitbox out ahead of time but I get why he didn't. It would be against the very spirit of the competition to show up with a sorted car you knew well. :laughing:

Indeed, at least the z car guys were all good sports and entertaining to watch even if a couple of them were pros.

Watching what Derrick and Alex went through was rough. It's too bad Derrick didn't spend time sorting that shitbox out ahead of time but I get why he didn't. It would be against the very spirit of the competition to show up with a sorted car you knew well. :laughing:
I don't know who had it rougher, the mr2d2 or the hawk.

It was cool to see how much the other teams were really pulling for those 2 though.

Top Back Refresh