What's new

Motortrend!

I really like Garage Squad. They build some really cool things on there.

It’d be interesting to know how it works. Do the owners pay for parts and get free labor? No way the show is funding everything, right?
The two that I watched they didn't throw a ton of parts at the projects and they were pipin rockauto. Might be a stipulation that they only 'spend' 2k on parts and im sure rockauto is fine with that being that its great product placement for them.

They seem to just go through the engine, wiring system, interior and brakes. They do other stuff depending on the project but in the big scheme of things those aren't really costly just very labor intensive. Wiring is something that seems to trip so many people up so I could see there being a good number if projects that just need odds and ends and thats what they look for.

Also most people that have a project usually have most of the parts to finish it sitting in or around said project, raises hand. I could see them asking people to make a list of stuff that they are going to need and telling them to order this that and the other so they don't have to.

Biggest line item on both ive watched are tires wheels and intake/carb. They could easily have those donated, look at roadkill/ded they always put new tires wheels on stuff even when they tires are more expensive than the entire car.

I do enjoy the occasional gag line on various Roadkill shows/spinoffs where they say "OMG, if we don't get this done we'll lose the shop"

I think Lucky says it most frequently.

I enjoy Engine Masters, Roadkill, Roadkill Garage, and HotRod Garage specifically because they don’t have the fake drama, just good info.

They have made the shows increasingly more “made for TV” lately, though.

They have Dave and Dulcich doing all the fake excitement stuff for the camera on Roadkill Garage and it’s obvious it’s all for the camera because they weren’t like that before.

Kind of ruins the show.

Tonight the overlanding episode is on MT tv. Good episode if you don’t have the app.

5096139E-D311-4684-8A99-F22CFF763A47.jpeg

And less time wasted bolting on bling sponsor shit and more time doing stupid modifications to use whatever used parts they have lying around. :flipoff2:
Aside from maybe a winch, none of the bullshit and the over landing video was sponsored. It did feature of the highest number of vehicles to fail a episode.

Last edited:
Any info on when the UA is gonna hit the app? My youngest enjoys it.

So I'm killing time, and All Girls Garage came on. They are fixing the front end of a Nissan Armada that is (cue sniffles) owned by a single mother who fell on hard times. Front end collision, and they keep reiterating that the crash was not her fault.

I'm already having a hard time conflating that the front end crash is not the fault of the driver, but I humor them for a short time... until they say the owner was complaining of noisy brakes, an odd feeling in the front end, and the horn didn't work right.

So let me see, knowingly driving a large SUV with a bad horn, bad struts, and bad brakes, and a front end collision is not her fault, how?

So I'm killing time, and All Girls Garage came on. They are fixing the front end of a Nissan Armada that is (cue sniffles) owned by a single mother who fell on hard times. Front end collision, and they keep reiterating that the crash was not her fault.

I'm already having a hard time conflating that the front end crash is not the fault of the driver, but I humor them for a short time... until they say the owner was complaining of noisy brakes, an odd feeling in the front end, and the horn didn't work right.

So let me see, knowingly driving a large SUV with a bad horn, bad struts, and bad brakes, and a front end collision is not her fault, how?
Single moms can do no wrong, everyone knows that!

Because driving a massive shit heap doesn't prevent people from cutting you off.

But yeah it was probably her fault.

I'm not sure if its a new season, a one-off, or what, but I just caught the new episode of "Full Custom Garage".

I am on record saying I don't necessarily like all the stuff the guy Ian builds, but I really like the approach he takes to getting to the end result.

I have less than zero interest in the "ranch truck" he built, but it was cool seeing it get cobbled together with parts from an old Pinto and a bunch of wood.

Does anyone know of an easy way to see which shows have new episodes?

Using Amazon, it's kinda a pain to find each show and scroll all the way to the end.

#1stworldproblems :homer:

OK, but how the fuck do I use it without paying? I have MT through Amazon.... :confused:

Don't you have to pay for the Amazon channel anyway? I have Prime and I can add MT for $5/month.

I did it directly through Motortrend instead for $2/month. Just have to use their app to watch it, but still no ads or anything.

Don't you have to pay for the Amazon channel anyway? I have Prime and I can add MT for $5/month.

I did it directly through Motortrend instead for $2/month. Just have to use their app to watch it, but still no ads or anything.

Yes, but I don't see how I can log into the app to more easily see what's new.

Yes, but I don't see how I can log into the app to more easily see what's new.

You can't...

If you created your subscription using your Amazon Fire TV, there is the possibility that you have an Amazon Prime Channel subscription account to view MotorTrend shows.

This login will NOT work with other platforms, it only works on the Amazon Prime Channel at this time.

Was just saying that if you don't mind using a different app, ditch the Amazon channel and get it potentially cheaper through Motortrend with a better app.

I'll have to see if I can easily get it on roku. I used to have it separate, but I'm pretty sure it was cheaper to get it through Amazon, so I switched.

The app sucks or at least use to suck. I use Amazon because I can download shows to watch while flying

I'm not sure if its a new season, a one-off, or what, but I just caught the new episode of "Full Custom Garage".

I am on record saying I don't necessarily like all the stuff the guy Ian builds, but I really like the approach he takes to getting to the end result.

I have less than zero interest in the "ranch truck" he built, but it was cool seeing it get cobbled together with parts from an old Pinto and a bunch of wood.
I’m pretty sure there are episodes that aren’t on the motor trend app. Seems like they put random ones on.

I'll have to see if I can easily get it on roku. I used to have it separate, but I'm pretty sure it was cheaper to get it through Amazon, so I switched.
If you’re using Roku, at the top of the MT app it will say New Shows. It keeps me updated. It’s for all the shows, though, not just my favorites.

I'll give you credit for getting through any of that show.

Because those are two annoying twats, hard pass.

when somone runs a stop light/sign and pulls out in front of you and you hit them with the front of your car it is their fault :flipoff2:

New (season finale) Roadkill is out, both Chargers back at DirtFish. Pretty fun :grinpimp:

Nice little segment at Dave Chapelle's shop as well.

I'm trying to figure out Dave's shop. From the outside it looks like a 2 car garage. From the inside it looks like a fuckin warehouse.

Top Back Refresh