What's new

Motortrend!

My wife thinks Dave and Fred are super awkward as hosts. I find their dad/lame jokes hysterical. Definitely two guys I wouldn’t mind chatting with over some cold brews.

There’s only a couple guys that seem kind of douchy from Motortrend.
Their response-

16BF4D5D-9ED2-4610-A9D7-9CE9D8F4BDDD.jpeg

What ever happened to the jungle gym/street legal/toob buggy Fred built?

What ever happened to the jungle gym/street legal/toob buggy Fred built?
He still has it. I tried to convince him to get it running again about a year ago. For some reason it is low on his priority list to get running. Today we were talking about next trail hero and he was saying he needs to get it ready for it.

I've wondered about that rig as well. That was, what? Early 2000s? I remember reading about it in 4w&or, he had some interesting ideas when building it. I mostly remember the arched rock sliders inspired by Tim hardy's smashed up units on his samurai :laughing:

He is like me if I had time to do anything. We both have almost the same amount of project vehicles. Except he does not have another job that takes 70-90hrs a week of his time plus me being a single dad with 2 little kids.

I have them for the future. You know when I have money, time and a proper place to do it. :shaking:

Their response-

16BF4D5D-9ED2-4610-A9D7-9CE9D8F4BDDD.jpeg

:lmao:

Man, their latest Toyota 4Runner episode on 40’s was freaking AWESOME! I would like to see more stuff like that on the show.

Hands down, they built my favorite 4x4 I’ve seen on any show, which was the Sami truck. Another awesome episode. This season has been pretty killer.

Currently watching the Blasphemi Drag Week for the fifth time.

My wife thinks Dave and Fred are super awkward as hosts. I find their dad/lame jokes hysterical. Definitely two guys I wouldn’t mind chatting with over some cold brews.

There’s only a couple guys that seem kind of douchy from Motortrend.
fred was definitely awkard the first few seasons of the show :laughing: now they are perfect at it :laughing::grinpimp:

Just switched from direct sub to prime so I can watch easily on Xbox we use as our stream device.

Watching hot rod garage with corvette. Dulcich does look uncomfortable with his new teeth. Almost like a kid wearing vampire teeth at Halloween.

Not motortrend, but was watching some Flex,rocks and roll over vids, We have the closed captions on usually, and when a cummins was running the CC read "applause" and another when some one was hammerin on a rig trying to get up something the cc said "music playing"

loled pretty good at those.

Just switched from direct sub to prime so I can watch easily on Xbox we use as our stream device.

Watching hot rod garage with corvette. Dulcich does look uncomfortable with his new teeth. Almost like a kid wearing vampire teeth at Halloween.

They’re distracting and probably want their own royalty checks.

I see Motortrend picked up Rust Valley Restorers. I gave it one more try and it’s still an absolutely awful show. The drama is so LAME.

I wasn’t too thrilled when Shorty left Iron Resurrection, but this season is pretty good. Their taste in modifications are terrible, but they do amazing fab work and really put out a quality product with pretty much no drama.

DED this season is freaking awesome.

Definitely glad I renewed my script.

I see Motortrend picked up Rust Valley Restorers. I gave it one more try and it’s still an absolutely awful show. The drama is so LAME.

The fake drama sucks, but the Dollar Store Dollar Tree version of Ron Jeremy makes it damn near unwatchable.

He'll say something that's not even funny in that screeching, high-pitched voice he uses (he can talk in a normal tone, just doesn't) then belt out that ear-piercing laugh.

I can't watch hardly any of those restoration/modification shows, they are just horrible with the "drama". I'd rather watch some dummy document his build on youtube than most of those shows.

DED, and Roadkill is about it for me.

Anyone watch BIG with Hammond?

I was looking at the episodes and thought it was funny that every description had the words "cutting edge technology" and something like "latest engineering" made the show seem cheesy.

I watched a little bit of the one with the tallest building in the world. It's in Dubai, and is over 2700 feet tall:eek: which is about 1000' taller than anything in the US. It's so tall it has a system of elevators that work more like a subway system. Express units only stop at a few places, then you ride smaller ones to get to your exact floor.

Thing is like a city in its self.

I can't watch hardly any of those restoration/modification shows, they are just horrible with the "drama". I'd rather watch some dummy document his build on youtube than most of those shows.

You'd think they'd figure out that car/truck/fab people don't seem to like the fake drama. Being how all those shows died off, and the ones that aren't fake are still around.

That was a big reason I liked the hooptie world championship. The teams all actually got a long, cheared and helped each other the whole way. Rather than any other competition show where they make it seem like they all hate each other.

the hooptie racing was enjoyable to watch.

But stuff like Bad Obsession Motorsports on youtube, I think is way better than 90% of the shit on TV. It's just taking them forever to do anything :lmao: (I say that with a 1/2 built truck in my carport, that hasn't changed much in a year... :laughing: )

Iron Resurrection (Martin Bros.) has little to no drama and they build cool shot. Bitchin Rides as little drama too. Both build cool shit.

I do enjoy the occasional gag line on various Roadkill shows/spinoffs where they say "OMG, if we don't get this done we'll lose the shop"

I think Lucky says it most frequently.

Are the new Top Gear episodes worth watching? (UK, not USA)

Looks like they've got a new season out and I know nothing about the hosts and how it is these days.

After Leblanc left they hired two guys that have such strong accents you can’t understand what the hell they are saying. One of them used to use subtitles. I have given up on new episodes.

I started the garage squad show yesterday. Only two episodes in but its okay, similar premise as overhauling but the people help out a bit with the bulid. Seems like the people really appreciate what they are doing and its always good to something that hasn't run in years get put back on the road.

I started the garage squad show yesterday. Only two episodes in but its okay, similar premise as overhauling but the people help out a bit with the bulid. Seems like the people really appreciate what they are doing and its always good to something that hasn't run in years get put back on the road.
I really like Garage Squad. They build some really cool things on there.

It’d be interesting to know how it works. Do the owners pay for parts and get free labor? No way the show is funding everything, right?

Top Back Refresh