What's new

Motortrend!

He'd meticulously cut out and TIG together some really petty bracket that doesn't need that level of care and then turn right around and slap a used cylinder hear on something without doing any sort of checking it out. He'd be lost if he actually had to fab major structural shit like a cage, frame, links from scratch, etc, etc.

Almost all of them would except fred and Dave.

Dave's new direction on YouTube is fucking terrible, as well.

The dirthead shed all of a sudden just turned into another glamour shot made for tv contentless music-over-montage garbage show.

Whomever he has producing these now needs to not.

Werd. Finnegan was just kind of a long for the ride while newburn did the heavy lifting.

Now Finnegan is more interested in doing videos of himself opening fan mail. Yea nothing I'd rather watch than some dude opening presents while babbling about building cool shit eventually. :homer:
Yea wtf is up with that? Also why would you send shit to a YouTuber just to watch them open it?

The dirthead shed all of a sudden just turned into another glamour shot made for tv contentless music-over-montage garbage show.

I liked his super duty build. He still chopped the body, added rear links, and did a custom winch mount behind the provided bumper. I also thought Cameron’s edits were really good. You’ll be happy next week when he goes back to self filming ultimate adventure.

I liked his super duty build. He still chopped the body, added rear links, and did a custom winch mount behind the provided bumper. I also thought Cameron’s edits were really good. You’ll be happy next week when he goes back to self filming ultimate adventure.
Yea really good for a TV show. 🤷‍♂️

They glossed over pretty much ALL the tech. Every time he picked up a tool they did a music cut and everything was done along with stuff they didn't even talk about. I'd say it belongs on power block but even they get more in depth.

If he goes back to actually showing real info and not just pretty bullshit, I'll resub. I already unsubscribed though. Which goes to show how much I hate the new direction, cuz I'm still paying for MT. :eek:

Well, Fred has a 3 day video on rebuilding his front spydertrax axle and CTM’s. 🤷‍♂️

Today is day 2
I've been watching them, on day 3 now. I like it because it's not a slickly produced piece but rather just some dude in his garage doing work just about anyone could do. DC's last couple of shows seem like he hired someone to produce it and add more pieces of flair to it.

I watched the viten dirthead videos this weekend. The music is fucking terrible.
My wife was like WTF is with the shitty music.

I watched the viten dirthead videos this weekend. The music is fucking terrible.
My wife was like WTF is with the shitty music.
Agree, I get it's a sponsored video but damn. Plus it was a bunch of bolt on shit anyway.

I've been watching them, on day 3 now. I like it because it's not a slickly produced piece but rather just some dude in his garage doing work just about anyone could do. DC's last couple of shows seem like he hired someone to produce it and add more pieces of flair to it.
Did you hear Fred singing? Yikes!

Fucking k riced Finnegan with another mail video. I had to say something this time, I try to stay positive on jewtoob but this shit is stupid. :homer:

Fucking k riced Finnegan with another mail video. I had to say something this time, I try to stay positive on jewtoob but this shit is stupid. :homer:

I completely skip over those. I have zero interest in that shit. I usually thumbs down then as well.

Watch this. Tell me what you think. I tell Fred and Dave what the people think. I don’t think it has any of the stuff you complain about.

I liked this epiode. It had a good balance of content. While I did like the V10 episodes for the "tech" or the idea, I did not care for the style of production that was used. It was feeling like any other motortrend cookie cutter deal. Too much unnecessary flash to little meat and potatoes. I much rather enjoyed watching Dave being Dave, not so polished. I will continue to subscribe and watch.

I would really love to see more of the 65 (?) Chevy trophy truck thing that he was working on for someone else.

I liked this epiode. It had a good balance of content. While I did like the V10 episodes for the "tech" or the idea, I did not care for the style of production that was used. It was feeling like any other motortrend cookie cutter deal. Too much unnecessary flash to little meat and potatoes. I much rather enjoyed watching Dave being Dave, not so polished. I will continue to subscribe and watch.

I would really love to see more of the 65 (?) Chevy trophy truck thing that he was working on for someone else.
I don’t remember a 65 trophy truck. My girlfriends friend, metal munkey (on ig) has an early 60s chevy prerunner. I don’t know if he knows Dave.

Top Back Refresh