What's new

Motortrend!

Roadkill was 2 guys changing an engine in a parking lot with a harbor freight tool kit in 7 minutes of screen time, finnegan's thing is a 40 minute monologue while making a mounting bracket with 2 holes in it.

Or filming yourself talking, while driving, for 26 minutes behind a 12 valve.

I honestly do not understand why people watch and wish they wouldn't, so that obscure people that actually make content would get more recognition.

Watching more actual motortrend shows, they seem to lost their luster. I am not sure what changed or who changed it, but you watch roadkill these days and they just don't seem like even they are enjoying anymore.
I re-watched S1Ep1 &2 last night. They looked young and happy, even though the trip was a total fail in Ep2. Those were the good days of the show.

The newer ones? Painful, no chemistry unless its with Dulcich. Freiburger looks tired and pissed all the time now.

It’s so backwards with their decisions. Dave and Fred were putting out the best seasons DED ever had and they canceled them. Roadkill and Roadkill Garage have sucked the last 2-3 seasons and they’re still running.

Apparently the people making decisions have different tastes than all of us here. :flipoff2:

Am I the only one who hasn't watched anything since it went behind a paywall?

Roadkill lost its appeal before the paywall once it started getting money and sponsors thrown at it. When it was two guys and a camera man it had low budget charm to it thats been gone for quite awhile. The OG General Mayhem will forever be peak Roadkill for me.

I've been subscribed since the beginning. I keep threatening to cancel and just can't do it. Even at $6.99/mo, it's still basically nothing.

I've been very hopeful that HRG was gunna come around, but the lucky/Alex things hasn't really formed (yet, hopefully). Other than that, RKG is pretty good, I wish they'd let Dulcich off the chain a little more, dude seems to be a riot.

But hell, I've got mt channel on my TV, I could just as easily DVR it.

I've been subscribed since the beginning. I keep threatening to cancel and just can't do it. Even at $6.99/mo, it's still basically nothing.

I've been very hopeful that HRG was gunna come around, but the lucky/Alex things hasn't really formed (yet, hopefully). Other than that, RKG is pretty good, I wish they'd let Dulcich off the chain a little more, dude seems to be a riot.

But hell, I've got mt channel on my TV, I could just as easily DVR it.

How are the new episodes of FourWheeler? That’s the only one I at all miss

Cancelled last year when I knew I wouldn't be able to watch. Haven't turned it back on, don't think I will.

Powernation on free tv/Pluto satisfies the random trash car show background noise and youtube on the TV plays other interesting things as well, even though they've increased their advertising during a show

Cancel it a while ago. Don't really miss it. Lately I have been burn out on all the content for automotive stuff. Nothing is really good. It's all the same.

It’s so backwards with their decisions. Dave and Fred were putting out the best seasons DED ever had and they canceled them. Roadkill and Roadkill Garage have sucked the last 2-3 seasons and they’re still running.

Apparently the people making decisions have different tastes than all of us here. :flipoff2:
Frieburger has never been my favorite host but i think it hasnt helped he seems to be as everyone says getting more pissed off and unhappy. Though between his instagram/fb stuff and little lines in the show ive gathered that may have alot to do with him becoming increasingly disillusioned with hotrod/motortrend management.

Frieburger has never been my favorite host but i think it hasnt helped he seems to be as everyone says getting more pissed off and unhappy. Though between his instagram/fb stuff and little lines in the show ive gathered that may have alot to do with him becoming increasingly disillusioned with hotrod/motortrend management.
That'd make sense

For a long time he was in charge of the videos under the motor trend banner. That ended when discovery took over. Probably a good thing because he cherry picked some of the good ideas from other shows for hot rod garage, and roadkill his pet projects

For a long time he was in charge of the videos under the motor trend banner. That ended when discovery took over. Probably a good thing because he cherry picked some of the good ideas from other shows for hot rod garage, and roadkill his pet projects
Yeah that was kind of what ive picked up on is that he doesnt like the inability to pick and choose his projects as freely and also maybe some resentment about having to do certain things because sponsored by dodge or whatever.

I barely watch his shit, so care to fill me in? I enjoyed some of the random episodes about superjets here and there, and kinda follow along with some blasphemi shit, although that's mostly just watching him break really expensive shit over and over and never getting a good explanation as to why
I think you summed it up pretty good. Its turned into a commercial for what ever sponsor is giving him parts. He's made so many bad decisions on his cars its laughable. Pretty obvious he doesn't know how to work on carburetors. If its not on a laptop he cant do it. He's also pretty quick to throw people under the bus that he feels have done him wrong. His current format is just wasting time to get a full hour in each show. I'm curious how much money he's blown on tow vehicles in the past 5 years. blasphemy is a serious car, and would be much more reliable if someone else had it. They have had at least 20 clutch setups in it in the past few years. Swapping the tremec in it was stupid( 80 mph at 1900 rpm?) gear vendors behind the G force and he would have been done. I'm really liking Tony's youtube show. Its not always my cup of tea, but he's building stuff on a level we all would do.

If its not on a laptop he cant do it.
Screenshot_2024-01-16-19-17-47-63_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

(He can't do it if it's on a computer either)

Yeah that was kind of what ive picked up on is that he doesnt like the inability to pick and choose his projects as freely and also maybe some resentment about having to do certain things because sponsored by dodge or whatever.

I never really picked up on that. He does seem be getting... Angrier? Overly stern? Something like that. Makes it seem like he'd be an ass to deal with every day at work. Guess that your explanation makes a lot of sense.

Well, darn. At least we've got Dave, Tony, a little bit of Lucky... Hell, I don't follow freiburger at all, but everyone else has a pretty good presence outside of MT. I guess I've never looked up Dulcich either.

Screenshot_2024-01-16-19-17-47-63_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

(He can't do it if it's on a computer either)
He’s much more a screwdriver on the carburetor guy than a laptop guy. He fears wires. For a second I thought that post was about Cleetus.

Freiburger is straight up old-school and is not a computer guy

He’s much more a screwdriver on the carburetor guy than a laptop guy. He fears wires. For a second I thought that post was about Cleetus.

thats surprising as he never touches a carb on his shows and cant go more than three feet away from an electronic gadget. Almost every show he post has him installing some new electrical piece on one of his rigs that fail miserably.

thats surprising as he never touches a carb on his shows and cant go more than three feet away from an electronic gadget. Almost every show he post has him installing some new electrical piece on one of his rigs that fail miserably.

Are you talking about Finnegan?

And are you talking about Freiburger?

Because I'm pretty sure you're both saying the same thing.

Finnegan can't do shit with wrenches, and frieburger doesn't laptop.

I never really picked up on that. He does seem be getting... Angrier? Overly stern? Something like that. Makes it seem like he'd be an ass to deal with every day at work. Guess that your explanation makes a lot of sense.

Well, darn. At least we've got Dave, Tony, a little bit of Lucky... Hell, I don't follow freiburger at all, but everyone else has a pretty good presence outside of MT. I guess I've never looked up Dulcich either.
Dulcich posts alot of neat projects to instagram and stuff. And i like lucky and alex taylor. And tony is great even though hes not motortrend anymore

Dulcich posts alot of neat projects to instagram and stuff. And i like lucky and alex taylor. And tony is great even though hes not motortrend anymore

Lucky and Alex have grown on me. I thought Tony was just a douche bag drifter twat initially too, but he's pretty alright, despite his painfully click bait-y youtube video titles.

Lucky and Alex have grown on me. I thought Tony was just a douche bag drifter twat initially too, but he's pretty alright, despite his painfully click bait-y youtube video titles.
I watched him for a few episodes after he left MT. Much like Finnegan, I lost interest more and more with each episode. I didn’t watch them for 6-9 months then I unsubscribed from both. Too boring.

Are you talking about Finnegan?

And are you talking about Freiburger?

Because I'm pretty sure you're both saying the same thing.

Finnegan can't do shit with wrenches, and frieburger doesn't laptop.
I may have gotten them mixed up unintentionally, but you have it correct

I'm still getting MT+ for $2/mo commercial free (wife signed me up on a Father's Day special a few years ago) and it keeps renewing at that rate. I pay annually so I'll find out in June or July if the price increased this year.

My favorite shows are still RK Garage and Engine Masters. Roadkill and Wheeler Dealers are getting stale but still keeps me interested- barely, HR Garage, Bitchin Rides, Runs Good, and a few others are still decent. I really miss DED and think MT made a bad decision canceling it.

I'm still getting MT+ for $2/mo commercial free (wife signed me up on a Father's Day special a few years ago) and it keeps renewing at that rate. I pay annually so I'll find out in June or July if the price increased this year.

My favorite shows are still RK Garage and Engine Masters. Roadkill and Wheeler Dealers are getting stale but still keeps me interested- barely, HR Garage, Bitchin Rides, Runs Good, and a few others are still decent. I really miss DED and think MT made a bad decision canceling it.
Agreed, I still have that $2/mo also, and I'll keep it unless they raise it, then I'll reconsider.

Wayne Israelsen has a new channel launching about shock tuning and suspension stuff, Wayne's Way. Interested to see if that goes anywhere. Having worked with him a bunch I don't know if his personality translates well to video, he's got a very sarcastic/dry kinda humor, but he brings a lot of knowledge to the table for sure.

Agreed, I still have that $2/mo also, and I'll keep it unless they raise it, then I'll reconsider.

I had the $2/mo as well but my new renewal just came up at the end of last year and I got an email telling me the promotional rate is no more and would renew at the full $7. So I canceled. So make sure you pay attention as your dates come up.

Bitchin' Rides? That's a horrible show.

Wayne Israelsen has a new channel launching about shock tuning and suspension stuff, Wayne's Way. Interested to see if that goes anywhere. Having worked with him a bunch I don't know if his personality translates well to video, he's got a very sarcastic/dry kinda humor, but he brings a lot of knowledge to the table for sure.
I spent a ton of time in Dad's shop in '09-'10?ish.

Leaned a ton from that guy. So many little fabrication tricks that I still use to this day.

Didnt realize he was doing the youtube thing ill have to check it out.

Top Back Refresh