What's new

Motortrend!

Big agreement there. I get all my OG Roadkill rocks off with tony's YT channel and Kevin from Junkyard Digs. Those two together basically make DiscoveryTrend obsolete.
I seem to like that group of friends as well, Kevin from Junkyard digs and his buddy Dalton on Pole Barn Garage.
They screw around, drag their friends on their stupid adventures and have fun, this is what I like.
Would I like to see what they could do if they had a little money and could put it into their production? Maybe...
I really enjoyed Vice Grip Garage, but when motortrend gave him money, that road worthy rescues show, that was supposed to be the same show, it was really bad and it seemed to stale a lot of the new Vice Grip garage shows as well.

Now I am sad that I watch so much stupid TV shows and I am talking about it on the internet with fake friends...

I've been places with my rigs and people will tell me they saw my rig(s) on a tik Tok. I don't have the app, I never watched a single tik tok, hell, I don't even watch instagram reels that my actual friends do.
I worked with a kid who was building a 'race car' for instagram clout, it would absolutely blow his mind that you're in tiktoks and dont GAF. So many people doing things for the wrong reason, just to be recognized on the internet

I was just forced to update the app and now I can't find fucking anything. It's all Kevin hart and Rice rockets and women being empowered.

I've searched roadkill and can find shows, but not the whole catalogue. Hot rod garage doesn't show up at all. I'd be really pissed if I was paying for it. I'm still pretty pissed!

I was just forced to update the app and now I can't find fucking anything. It's all Kevin hart and Rice rockets and women being empowered.

I've searched roadkill and can find shows, but not the whole catalogue. Hot rod garage doesn't show up at all. I'd be really pissed if I was paying for it. I'm still pretty pissed!

Oh great.

My stuff hasn't updated yet. Maybe I'll disable auto updates.

Hrrrrmmmm:

"Hey there,

MotorTrend+ premium video content will be moving to a new home on discovery+. As a result, on or shortly after March 25, 2024 you will become a discovery+ (Ad-Free) subscriber. You’ll continue to have access to all of the premium video content available through your MotorTrend+ subscription on discovery+ at no additional cost. This includes your MotorTrend+ favorites in addition to reality content, new shows and a variety of automotive shows like Street Outlaws, Fast N’ Loud, and Diesel Brothers.

Your MotorTrend+ subscription and related data will be transferred to discovery+ and you will be subject to discovery+’s Privacy Notice & Visitor Agreement. Your discovery+ subscription will be billed on your following renewal date using the payment method associated with your subscription at your current price of $5.99/month, plus tax. "

So I wonder if there's gunna be ads in the MT shows now unless you upgrade to no ads discovery.

I'd assume that will be the case
:mad3:

Although it does get me discovery and MT without 2 charges, so it's not ALL bad.. I don't currently subscribe to discovery.

I blame them canceling dirt every day. My massive self lead boycott prevented them from keeping it independent. That is my story and I am sticking with it.
OplusInfoCollection_240223135758817.png

Works for me, i basically dont watch motortrend anymore because their app sucks so bad.

I pay for both, so this will save a few bucks.

But......id bet those few bucks that I'll get double charged now until multiple calls to customer service to complain. At which point they'll cancel all of it and I'll be without either one of them. :laughing:

Just canceled mine. They switched me from my grandfathered $55/2 years to $55/year.

Didn't realize this until the email mentioned my current rate, and sure enough they switched it at auto renewal in December.

I purposely play Fred and Dave's YT channels if I just need noise. Figure it may be pennies a view, but I'd rather they get the revenue.

Hrrrrmmmm:

"Hey there,

MotorTrend+ premium video content will be moving to a new home on discovery+. As a result, on or shortly after March 25, 2024 you will become a discovery+ (Ad-Free) subscriber. You’ll continue to have access to all of the premium video content available through your MotorTrend+ subscription on discovery+ at no additional cost. This includes your MotorTrend+ favorites in addition to reality content, new shows and a variety of automotive shows like Street Outlaws, Fast N’ Loud, and Diesel Brothers.

Your MotorTrend+ subscription and related data will be transferred to discovery+ and you will be subject to discovery+’s Privacy Notice & Visitor Agreement. Your discovery+ subscription will be billed on your following renewal date using the payment method associated with your subscription at your current price of $5.99/month, plus tax. "

So I wonder if there's gunna be ads in the MT shows now unless you upgrade to no ads discovery.

I'd assume that will be the case
:mad3:

Although it does get me discovery and MT without 2 charges, so it's not ALL bad.. I don't currently subscribe to discovery.
Was that an email? I haven't gotten anything from them on that.

Like Netflix et al, it'll be the reduced motor trend price for a year or two, then go to a higher disco plus price or have ads for same price for another year or two, then it'll be higher price to maintain ads and access :flipoff2:

The new roadkill, they're remaking the mazdarati.

So far I don't hate the transition to d+, wish I could have it default to the automotive tab though.

Completely unwatchable now that they have that Vice Grip Garage cocksucker on there. Cannot stand that fucking jackoff.

Hmm.. I'm paying $5.99/mo, more than they charge now for ads in discovery.

Screenshot_2024-02-23-17-08-42-59_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
They Sent me an e-mail a few weeks ago informing me that they were now part of Discovery+ and my rate for commercial free would increase from $2/mo to $55/year- pretty much double the cost.:shaking:
Don't know if I'll keep it.

This thread made me realize I have the Motortrend shows because my daughter wanted Discovery+ to watch the nickelodeon kids documentary. I'll watch some shows and then cancel it in a few weeks.

Motortrend has a channel on Pluto TV

Free, eith ads, old content. It's plenty entertaining enough.

Been watching vice grip garage, dirthead shed and Angelo's stay tuned. Those are more than enough to cover my morning with coffee and play end of day/fall asleep :flipoff2:

Free TV is way better today than it was 10 years ago, it's pretty wild

Top Back Refresh