What's new

Motortrend!

I watched the roadkill where they do mazdarati 2.0and realized how little fab work either could do. Dave is on another planet compared to them.

Street vehicles have fuck all travel so even if the OEM stuff isn't "right" you don't need to do much to fix it. The level of fab work in the hot rod world is nothing compared to what's "normal" in the 4x4 world. Nobody is swapping in entirely different suspension from scratch for the most part whereas that's "just what we do" here.

Last edited:
Street vehicles have fuck all travel so even if the OEM stuff isn't "right" you don't need to do much to fix it. The level of fab work in the hot rod world is nothing compared to what's "normal" in the 4x4 world. Nobody is swapping in entirely different suspension from scratch for the most part whereas that's "just what we do" here.
Never seen a back half, front half or full chassis car eh? They're way more common than you're giving them credit, the difference is other than rear tire size or disk brake size poking out from behind the front wheels you'd likely never know it wasn't stock.

It's pretty simple to spot custom stuff in the off-road world because most people realize rigs don't come with 4" lift kits and 40" tires bolted to wontons. :laughing:

Sure in the street car world a lot of the stuff is just bolt on like a JK but a whole lot is not.

maybe not in mass. everythings rusted away and not worth back halving there. theres alot of that stuff here.

maybe not in mass. everythings rusted away and not worth back halving there. theres alot of that stuff here.
You’re a fucking idiot if you think people are driving those sorts of project cars in the winter.

they were daily drivers back in the day, now they're rusted to shit. wifes family has a junkyard full of shit thats too rusted to build now. you're the idiot. I've been to mass every summer for the past 25 yrs. only nice shit there is brought in from somewhere else, so yes theres not alot of that up there, compared to down here. half the people I know have 20-30 old cars in buildable shape in the back yard here.

I work in the hot rod coil over industry. I just work on the shocks but the way that they install coilovers would get you band from off-road forum.

Bullshit.

That's a pretty compelling argument, I might have to concede to your amazing knowledge of custom vehicles in the whole of the US. :flipoff2:

Considering the amount of companies selling weld in chassis upgrade kits I'll say there are a whole lot of cars with them out there. Bolt/weld in mustang II front subframes are stupid common with street cars that have shit factory suspension. Custom rear suspension is under 75% or more of the rigs on the drag strip and easily half of the road race cars.

I get it the rust belt isn't the mecca of custom car culture so you just aren't as exposed to it as a lot of us are. It's ok to be wrong, embrace it and grow from it. :laughing:

That's a pretty compelling argument, I might have to concede to your amazing knowledge of custom vehicles in the whole of the US. :flipoff2:

Considering the amount of companies selling weld in chassis upgrade kits I'll say there are a whole lot of cars with them out there. Bolt/weld in mustang II front subframes are stupid common with street cars that have shit factory suspension. Custom rear suspension is under 75% or more of the rigs on the drag strip and easily half of the road race cars.
Oh, you're one of those idiots that thinks installing a kit is "custom". :laughing:

Now your stupidity makes a little more sense.

they were daily drivers back in the day, now they're rusted to shit. wifes family has a junkyard full of shit thats too rusted to build now. you're the idiot. I've been to mass every summer for the past 25 yrs. only nice shit there is brought in from somewhere else, so yes theres not alot of that up there, compared to down here. half the people I know have 20-30 old cars in buildable shape in the back yard here.
I highlighted the part when you made yourself look retarded, so you can read it again. Who the fuck cares if the car was originally sold in NE, theres no shortage of muscle cars and street rods here. :shaking:

It took awhile but I think I now understand
1715113247299.gif
Arse

Oh, you're one of those idiots that thinks installing a kit is "custom". :laughing:

Now your stupidity makes a little more sense.

:flipoff2::homer:

This has to be the most ignorant thing i have ever read on any forum.

He is a self centered douche???? He showed for a lot of cutting and grinding in flipflops, so that is how serious he took it. But Chapelle is a bad ass fabricator that runs circles around most of the people that have been on anything of Motortrend.
Are we not supposed to cut and grind in flops? :laughing: flip flops are good for all the things. Hot metal rolls off the foot instead of getting hung up and burning a hole :flipoff2:

I was listening to Chris Corbett's podcast with Ian Johnson this morning and Ian said that Discovery has canceled all MT shows, including Four Wheeler, except for 3. I've enjoyed their content for a long time but I can't say I'm terribly disappointed with MT basically going away.

I was listening to Chris Corbett's podcast with Ian Johnson this morning and Ian said that Discovery has canceled all MT shows, including Four Wheeler, except for 3. I've enjoyed their content for a long time but I can't say I'm terribly disappointed with MT basically going away.
That explains why there has only been a few new episodes since they took over. WTF? :flipoff:

Discovery is going hard left. Offroading and car culture is the other side’s hobbies.
Agreed! As a paying sponsor for the past five years they are the worst to deal with. From what I hear it's a bunch of man bun wearing liberals with custom brewed Starbucks lattes that know nothing about us making all the decisions. All they care about is profit. Glad to not be dealing with them anymore unless somehow Ultimate Adventure gets revived with the same crew, otherwise last years run was the last.

so whatever happened to the resurgence of SpeedVision? Did that die? Seems like a good landing spot for "real" car shows?

Top Back Refresh