What's new

Most annoying new vehicle feature

Diesel Emissions can fuck right off!

the amount of injection phases is absurd.

1... perfect
2... what fuckery is afoot
3... that's just extra steps and wasting fuel

8... cabbage

I hate variable vane turbos, another feature for people who cant drive.

anti roll back feature on the new miata. no way to disable. fucking hate it.

What vehicle is this. So that I know not to ever drive one :laughing:
Girlfriends Subaru. She loves the car, I try my best to tolerate it when I am driving it but usually end up in some rant

My wife has a 2018? 2019? equinox. Has all the bells and whistles. I hate that thing
1. Autostop/start can fuck all the way off.
2. Oh you left the key fob in the car? Let me honk the horn several times to alert everyone within 100 yds.
3. The lane avoidance and self adjusting cruise control is just annoying.

HVAC controls that don't have actual buttons and knobs. All that touch screen bullshit can kiss my ass.

I thought I would hate lane keeping assist in the Ford, but that system is really pretty nice actually. With the upgraded dash cluster it works the way it should have when it left the factory.

Wife's Subaru on the other hand... That piece of shit is so intrusive we turned it off. I could actually see that system causing a crash in poor conditions like snow or ice.

EDIT: Forgot the self adjusting cruise that Subaru has... Turned that shit off too. That is hot garbage along with the automatic braking. That junk is horrible and abrupt. Come to think of it, fuck anything Subaru that's not a WRX STI. Those all have their own issues but they're pretty quick and never came with any of that junk.

The prices and the first thing mentioned are two reasons I still commute in my 260k+ miles Civic.

Safety features like: You need to step on the brake to release the handbrake. You need to be buckled for the hand brake to release automatically when you "go".

No.

Not having actual knobs for certain things.

I'm currently driving a tesla 3 thing for work and it's actually a computer with wheels. I HATE that damn thing. The only thing good about it is the acceleration. Driving it means you are faster than "ANYTHING" you see on the road.

I rented a jeep compass (automatic trans) last weekend, it was setup to automatically set the parking brake every time you shut it off. After about the third time trying to take off and just revving the engine, I finally figured out how to turn that stupid feature off. That and the auto-shutoff were by far the most infuriating features.

I absofuckinglutely hate the incessive beeping for every little dumbfuck thing the vehicle wants to alert you about.
Seatbelt not in? Beep
Exiting the car with the keyfob in your pocket? Fuckin BEEP
Temperature drop? Beep
STFU - annoying pos.

Most features I like in theory. What I usually dislike is how some mfgs implement said features. The start/stop on the BMW we had was almost un-noticeable after you drove the car for a few weeks and got used to it. The start/stop on my F150 sucks and I quickly coded it out. Adaptive cruise control and traction control I feel the same about, some do it well and some don't. I'm actually thankful for my traction control when driving in the ice and snow, it helps.

I do hate not having hard buttons for HVAC controls. It's especially a PITA if you use android auto or apple car play. My F150 is better than my Mustang, but they still suck and I'd rather have hard buttons than have to search through menus to adjust things.

I absofuckinglutely hate the incessive beeping for every little dumbfuck thing the vehicle wants to alert you about.
Seatbelt not in? Beep
Exiting the car with the keyfob in your pocket? Fuckin BEEP
Temperature drop? Beep
STFU - annoying pos.
I think the temp thing is a European safety regulation or some such shit. My american vehicles don't do it, but the couple german cars I have had did.
I was able to code out the keyfob honk on my pick up.

Auto start stop.
Tire pressure monitors with batteries that last 5-7 years tops.
Lane assist.
Traction control that you can’t really turn off.

Temperature drop? Beep
STFU - annoying pos.

I think the temp thing is a European safety regulation or some such shit. My american vehicles don't do it, but the couple german cars I have had did.
My 2018 Kia commuter car beeps when the temp gets near freezing. It won’t do it when you first start it up, it waits till you’ve been driving a minute or so then beeps loudly to warn you of freezing temps. It startles me every time and I can’t figure out how to shut it off.

I hate the required “lifestyle” BS with new cars. Just because I bought the same cars you, doesn’t mean we’re BFF’s
You own a Jeep!:lmao: The people are why I'd never own one! I don't want to be "one of those people"!:flipoff2:

Reactions: DMG
I can't stand my wife's car.

Especially the auto head lights.

Shut that fucking garbage off.

The thing does random shit driving down the road when it thinks something might be going on around it.

My wife will ask "What was that?"

Fuck all if I know.

Take the damn thing back.

Infotainment being valued higher than driving experience/feel.
And why is it a $2500 to do the same thing a $300 pioneer can do better?

I rented a Buick suv for work and my boots would barely fit between the brake pedal and console. Hitting the gas without hitting the brakes was near impossible. I drive a manual WRX and there is more room for my foot in there than in an automatic SUV.

If you leave Ford's running in park, it only unlockes the driver's door. I've gotten out so many times to drop my kid off only to have his door locked in the back seat. Then walk back the drivers door and push the unlock button.

Drove the GFs malibu in the snow the other day. I should say tried to drive the motherfucker. It has some nanny in there that actually shuts that son of a bitch off it spins for too long. Like go back to park and re start and try again like it's windows ME.

I would like to turn the godless motherfucker of an engineer out on a white powder covered road on the side of a cliff with no guard rails and tell him he gets a bullet to the head if he can't deliver that car to the top of the mountain with no assistance before the snow melts.

If you leave Ford's running in park, it only unlockes the driver's door. I've gotten out so many times to drop my kid off only to have his door locked in the back seat. Then walk back the drivers door and push the unlock button.
Agreed, this does drive me nuts. I get that its a safety/security feature, I just wish it was something you could turn off.

Yeah, it’s annoying as hell.

just wait until you find out about the door latches that fill with ice so that you get to hold the doors shut with a ratchet strap

The disclaimer I have to agree with when I want to see the time. ..... and the gear shift delays when in a hurry. Like when making a quick uturn after parked and traffic is coming.

I was able to code out the keyfob honk on my pick up.
it beeps at 39 to warn of ice. It's a bit annoying cause I'll obviously know if ... aaaaa fuckit

Top Back Refresh