What's new

Most annoying new vehicle feature

You don't like "leave it at 72"?
Nope. Not in the 4Runner. It has a temp sensor and lets off the heat or AC if it decides that you're at temp.

Had digital temp control in four of my Cadillac and that's when I decided I hated it.

I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing stability control, yet.

Traction control sucks.

Few years ago, some shitbags cut the cat and an O2 off my wife's 4Runner. I put a new cat and O2 on, but there's still gasket leak which sets off all kinds of traction control and ABS lights. Apparently the ABS still works. It turns trac off though. Friends of our have a Sequoia (basically the same vehicle) and my buddy asks how I got her car sideways with the traction control because he can't get theirs to do it. I told him why and we got a good laugh.

Fuck emissions garbage while we're at it.
Do the Andy mod… turn off trac and VSC.

Hate auto start/stop,self steering,beeping when you leave your lane,traction control that cannot be turned off,touch screens that control everything

Love heated seats and wheel,adaptive cruise,backup sensors(without auto braking)traction control that can be turned off, auto climate control

Aside from the obvious auto start/stop

Beeping

If I cross over a line without a turn signal it starts beeping at me. Back up too close, beeping at me. Sees another car on adaptive cruise beeping at me

Shut the hell up only make annoying noises if there’s actually a problem like you lost oil pressure or your cvt is melting down.

Aside from the obvious auto start/stop

Beeping

If I cross over a line without a turn signal it starts beeping at me. Back up too close, beeping at me. Sees another car on adaptive cruise beeping at me

Shut the hell up only make annoying noises if there’s actually a problem like you lost oil pressure or your cvt is melting down.
What vehicle is this. So that I know not to ever drive one :laughing:

The adaptive cruise and auto high beams are a joke. Other wise I love my fully loaded 21 power wagon. Nice to get in something comfortable and quiet after wrestling a real truck all day.:flipoff2:

Dial shifters
Panoramic sunroof or really any sunroof
Auto tailgate latch
Multifunction tailgates
Adaptive cruise
I want a land rover discovery with the full glass top, I think that it would be awesome on rainy nights. I just don't want one bad enough to buy it :homer:.

Had a brand new tacoma for a rental a couple weeks back, tried for a while to disable the adaptive cruise control, couldn't find a way to do it. Was very aggravating not being able to pass anything without it automatically slowing up to follow, then it would kill the cruise speed comlpetely if you denied adaptive enough times.
I also hate adaptive cruise, at least my wife's Frontier has the option to shut it off though. My truck doesn't have it and that's the way I like it.

Not really a new feature, but I hate automatic door locks. I'll fucking lock or unlock the doors as I see fit. My dad's Chevy 2500 is the worst, it locks the door and then won't unlock them unless it's in park.:flipoff:

Had a brand new tacoma for a rental a couple weeks back, tried for a while to disable the adaptive cruise control, couldn't find a way to do it. Was very aggravating not being able to pass anything without it automatically slowing up to follow, then it would kill the cruise speed comlpetely if you denied adaptive enough times.

Luckily everything I personally own is junk, so not having cruise control is kind of the norm anyways. :grinpimp:
Push and hold the cruise on button. Almost never use the adaptive cruise in my taco. Only exception is if I’m towing, I can stab the clutch and change gears without skipping a beat with the radar cruise on.

Not really a new feature, but I hate automatic door locks. I'll fucking lock or unlock the doors as I see fit. My dad's Chevy 2500 is the worst, it locks the door and then won't unlock them unless it's in park.:flipoff:
I would really like to have a few words with the dickhead GM engineer that decided to not have their doors unlock when you pull the inside handle like almost every other car on the road.

I would really like to have a few words with the dickhead GM engineer that decided to not have their doors unlock when you pull the inside handle like almost every other car on the road.
I thought the same, until I car pooled for a minute taking others kids home from school. Without that could have got interesting. There used to be a spot by the slam latch on the older GM’s that you could stick a key in and switch it on and off.

I friggin despise any vehicle that goes into park suddenly cause it's moving with a door open. Like bitch I know, I'm the one that opened the damned door!
Honestly out of all these complaints this is the one on my Jeep that I hated. Getcoutcto open the gate at work, move the car with the seatbelt off and door open and it wouldn't move.
Though to be fair lots of stupid assholes get rub over and killed or maimed by getting out of their car without it in park. :flipoff2:

Stability and traction control.

Luckily everything I personally own is junk, so not having cruise control is kind of the norm anyways. :grinpimp:

Traction control, abs, vehicle stability control that won't let you drift corners. They put a little switch in the dash to "turn it off" but mostly all that little switch does is turn on a light in the cluster. Get stuck and need some wheel speed to get out? Good fucking luck.

Door buzzers that play the most annoying sounds you can imagine if you leave the keys in the goddamn thing and open the door. The best one is GM cars that do 3 short bursts of the horn to let everyone know that this is the car to steal. Keys are in it!

Some cars will set the brakes and put the trans in park and throw your ass out of the seat if you try to drive them with a door open (such as driving them onto the turn plates on the alignment rack).

The one that really pissed me off the other day was a new Ram 1/2 ton. I was backing it up towards a snowbank at what it thought was too fast. It beeped and yelled at me, then set the hydraulic brakes and the electric parking brake, cut the throttle, and blew the horn. :lmao:. 3 or 4 times I tried it with the same result.

What the actual fuck? The driver is not much in control anymore. I'll keep my old mechanical shit as long as I can still get or make parts.

Dial shifters
Panoramic sunroof or really any sunroof
Auto tailgate latch
Multifunction tailgates
Adaptive cruise

Traction Control - pretty pointless, most have a switch, a lot automatically turn back on at higher speeds though. The Porsche one is transparent though, dash flashes a couple times but it meters the power with just a smidge of wheel spin. Lexus one sucks, it cuts hard then restores then cuts hard again...boost meter just friggin goes nuts.
Stability Control - actually fairly useful on snow/ice roads, will brake inside wheels to get vehicle to follow steering which you can't actually do yourself with the brakes. Unfortunately the disable is hidden, usually press and hold, but some just can't be done. The best was our old Rav4 though, do the tap dance...within a minute of turning on the vehicle: holding brake pedal - pull parking brake 3 times, holding parking brake - push brake pedal 3 times, repeat a few times and turned it off completely and stayed off until restarting the vehicle, dash lit up like a christmas tree with warnings lol.
Sunroofs - are fine on most modern vehicles, I haven't had leaks or issues.
Auto tailgates - ANNOYIING AS FUCK if they are slow, but fast ones are great.
Adaptive Cruise - Only works on 2 lane roads where you can't pass, otherwise they're stupid and just slow down so you get cut off. Lexus/Toyota you just hold forward the stalk to go back to regular cruise, Porsche if you option it that's all you get so didn't option it.
Start/Stop - awful idea, so hard on the vehicle, no chance I will ever use it.
Touchscreens - Stupid stupid stupid, luckily both my vehicles still have physical controls for climate/main radio stuff/etc. and it's really just nav and other "infotainment" crap.
Lane Keep - mostly useless, but doesn't hurt much if you don't drive like a distracted asshat.
Collision Braking - usually way too sensitive if you make an aggressive move, but it's a nice safety net if you're doing a lane change blind spot check or something and somebody slams the brakes on in front of you.

I hate the required “lifestyle” BS with new cars. Just because I bought the same cars you, doesn’t mean we’re BFF’s

Top Back Refresh